Elias
Jethro
Greenskin
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Southend match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Angry wrote:
you can hear that cnut banging his drum.

Who charlie?

Id like to stick that thing up his part where the sun dont shine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:54 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

Who charlie?

yeap charlie the freeloader the guy employed to drown out fans who dont like what they see under the direction of nool and webb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:55 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

Who charlie?

His Devonport ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 pm

:O southend comms called conor hourihane Northern Irish under 21 captain

that sort of talk starts riots on both sides of the boarder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Angry wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

Who charlie?

yeap charlie the freeloader  the guy employed to drown out fans who dont like what they see under the direction of nool and webb.

So did the high interest money lender buy his season ticket then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:58 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

Who charlie?

yeap charlie the freeloader  the guy employed to drown out fans who dont like what they see under the direction of nool and webb.

So did the high interest money lender  buy his season ticket then?

i think so he definately got given a free one via pasoti the thread should be on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:00 pm

1-1 pretty even game so no surprises it ended this way. I lost a tenner on an argyle win but ill win that back onthe darts tomorrow and more.

If the game proved anything it should show the sycophants that we need more than Banton to mount a serios play off push. A Right Back, A Left Back and a Striker are a must.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:08 pm

I don't think we're a million miles off a payoff spot now, of this left back is any good then we have Purrington who sounds like the real deal. Blizzard is playing well and Banton will score a few you just know it. It's more like we need some good old fashioned grit and awareness if we could learn to tighten up when we score we would piss this league of shite.
Table shows no change really, great result for Hargreaves and the Turks and we are one more point ahead of city who lost in last minute to Rovers.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Look how far we've come !  lol! 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Iggy, all this talk of play offs has been so Pasoti, and a bit Dorian Gray, based on a shot in the arm that never lasts.
Lavery showed today why Argyle have had a bit of a surge... it couldn't have been more graphically illustrated. Can't beat Southend at home ? that's not play off form.
Delighted for Hargreaves and Hodges. That double act shouts good vibes. An excellent coup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 pm

A draw against high flying Southend is a good result......you wouldn't think so with all the belly aching going on here....get a grip of yourselves and support the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Time will tell but I don't think there are any brilliant teams in this league. Luggies boys would have torn it up foreshore. I think that with Lavery we would go all the way but I wouldn't be surprised if we sneaked into playoffs, remember Lavery only played four games for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:21 pm

ZYPH wrote:
A draw against high flying Southend is a good result......you wouldn't think so with all the belly aching going on here....get a grip of yourselves and support the team.

God give me strength
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
How has Nathan Thomas acquired the nickname 'doubtful'?

In the bible one of jesus's followers doubted his resurrection when the others told him he they saw him he said he had to see it to believe it. So thats where the term doubting/doubtful thomas comes from.

As nicknames go, that is shocking!

It goes someway to establishing the identity of the prat making up these names though.

I always thought it was some young kid, an intern, a 20 - 30 year old managing the twitter account to make Argyle trendy. It's probably someone a lot older actually - either that, or some bible basher.

The 7,000 + crowd is encouraging, haven't had that in a long while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Iggy wrote:
Time will tell but I don't think there are any brilliant teams in this league. Luggies boys would have torn it up foreshore. I think that with Lavery we would go all the way but I wouldn't be surprised if we sneaked into playoffs, remember Lavery only played four games for us.

Indeed, and guess what, Argyle won three and drew one of those four games, with Lavery scoring almost at will.
A balance was hit up front over the Winter festival period, no doubt about that, and then the REAL world has come back to bite us. Lavery is a player Argyle cannot afford to pay, under the Brent era.
In my mind it just shows how small an investment is needed to get out of this league. The trouble is we have a man owning the club that ain't investing in his football club. There will be other clubs every season that will invest the amount required, and beat Argyle to it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Be grateful we have a club........ doff your caps to the fine gentleman............laud the Deepthroating Windsor Boys who saved the club..........get down to the Avivafest............rattle your buckets............be happy with the clusterfuck.................accept that the largest city club never to have made the top flight, will never be any better than the biggest club in Devon & Cornwall...............

Aviva got it so right. Geddon  No 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

God give me strength

You need to see that John Sheridan is doing his best to build something at Argyle...whatever you think of what else is going on....give some credit to what is happening on the pitch and either support the team or just keep your views to yourself.

Surely there are others on this moaning site that support the team and can think beyond their own personal views.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:37 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

In the bible one of jesus's followers doubted his resurrection when the others told him he they saw him he said he had to see it to believe it. So thats where the term doubting/doubtful thomas comes from.

It goes someway to establishing the identity of the prat making up these names though.

I always thought it was some young kid, an intern, a 20 - 30 year old managing the twitter account to make Argyle trendy. It's probably someone a lot older actually - either that, or some bible basher.

i was told it was rick cowdrey but im yet to be certain of this.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Nah I reckon it's one of the yoof meeja people...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

i was told it was rick cowdrey but im yet to be certain of this.

I think the biblical reference kind of backs that theory up.

No young employee without much status would have gotten away with running this universally irritating and unpopular twitter teamsheet announcement for two years, and not had a quiet word in the ear to stop it.

Cowdery is just about one of the few senior managers at Argyle that can afford to have a shitty idea and impose it on everyone without rebuke.

I did think it was someone younger, but someone of the younger 'media studies' graduate profile probably wouldn't have come up with 'Doubtful' for Nathan Thomas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Be grateful we have a club........ doff your caps to the fine gentleman............laud the Deepthroating Windsor Boys who saved the club..........get down to the Avivafest............rattle your buckets............be happy with the clusterfuck.................accept that the largest city club never to have made the top flight, will never be any better than the biggest club in Devon & Cornwall...............

Aviva got it so right. Geddon  No 

Come on Tring give it a rest and think beyond your own boring views... and remember it's football not just personalities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

ZYPH wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

God give me strength

You need to see that John Sheridan is doing his best to build something at Argyle...whatever you think of what else is going on....give some credit to what is happening on the pitch and either support the team or just keep your views to yourself.

Surely there are others on this moaning site that support the team and can think beyond their own personal views.

ZYPH, you dont support sheridan enough to go on a regular basis then? you just want to moan about this forum, which you are happy to use on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

A good spot that ejh. Might be nothing, but something to keep an eye on. We had the Forza verde fix... that didn't feel right.

Few people remember that the whole recent Bosnian/Balkan horror and attempted cleansing first kicked off at the football grounds at clubs like Partisan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

God give me strength

A draw today against Southend would have been a good result if we were in a relegation spot, but to say it was a good result for a team playing at home and looking to get in a play off position seems like a pretty stupid thing to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Indeed, and guess what, Argyle won three and drew one of those four games, with Lavery scoring almost at will.
A balance was hit up front over the Winter festival period, no doubt about that, and then the REAL world has come back to bite us. Lavery is a player Argyle cannot afford to pay, under the Brent era.
In my mind it just shows how small an investment is needed to get out of this league. The trouble is we have a man owning the club that ain't investing in his football club. There will be other clubs every season that will invest the amount required, and beat Argyle to it.

You are quite possibly right.however I am by nature an optimistic person and I think we have enough to sneak the playoffs, as you are aware I am no fan of Brent, I dispise him and his type however if we did get into playoffs it would be a great achievement for Shez and the team and I would be delighted. I love it when Argyle win I'm not going to let let Brent spoil that for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southend match thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next