Greenskin
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

Southend match thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 am

You call me rappo, not exactly etiquette either is it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 am

I can see how "Rappo" is a play on "Mrrapson" but not how "Nigel" is a play on "Rickler". Therein lies the difference.

I've always found the casual dropping in of someone's name rather strange and a little sinister. I can't imagine why anybody needs to do it unless it's a "I know who you are" thing and is done to subtly threaten.

It's definitely bad etiquette but there's precious little good etiquette floating about these days which goes to show how far the poison has spread.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 am

Anyway back to the match.

I thought Saturday's game was one of the best I'd seen at Home Park for a very long time. It was hardly a classic in terms of entertainment or action but it pitted two evenly matched teams against each other who could both play, a bit, and who were both solid, well-drilled and organised. It stood head and shoulders above most of the dross we've endured over the last few years.

Obviously we would hope to win our home games so a draw was a slight disappointment but on the balance of play and chances created etc a draw was a fair result.

We have improved, admittedly from a very low base, a huge amount recently. Are we good enough yet? No. Are we better than we were? Undoubtedly. We are no longer embarssingly poor all over the pitch and Sheridan deserves credit for the progress he has made.

On the pitch things are picking up but off it the problems fester away unaddressed (which is pretty much what Tring said and he was right in saying it). It is possible to be pleased by the former and displeased by the latter.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:35 am

Mrrapson wrote:
GOB wrote:
Thanks for your advice Rappo and GS and as much as we appreciate your input we won't be letting your chums off the hook that easy.

I know pasoti is all but dead and exceedingly dull these days, but what's the draw on ATD for you guys that attracts you back time after time?

In honesty, I think this place is funnier tha Pasoti. I know it's a footy forum but piss taking and banter are part and parcel as is debate.

What I find off putting and what stops me posting more is the mob mentality. Peopl start off having a pop about something and then a couple others join in because they don't like the online you. It's all a bit sad. There are some great posters on here. Even Dane is tolerable but there are some right muppets who take pride in turning every single thread into a moan about Ian or postey or Pasoti or whatever. A while ago it was great but lately (coincidentally with the timing of on pitch improvements) things have gone down hill again.

The mob mentality isn't confined to this site though Rappo,even though it may manifest itself in a different sort of way;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd imagine that similar instances could be found on most football [or any other subject] forums where strong opinions are held,no matter what the cause.Frankly the "everything in the garden is rosy" attitude prevalent among some posters on Pasoti irritates the hell out of me sometimes,just as the turning of threads into personal abuse or anti Newell/Webb/Pasoti rhetoric does on here,swings and roundabouts i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 am

I agree, the everything is rosy total greentint thing winds me up too. Things are far from rosy. However they are looking up, on the pitch at least.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Leigh (I hope that is the right spelling!), how is your fight with the council over the market going?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:24 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Leigh (I hope that is the right spelling!), how is your fight with the council over the market going?

Which one?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:46 pm

You have more than one!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:49 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You have more than one!

Various different things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 pm

If you set yourself up to be suposedly better than something else then how is acting the same any sort of recommendation? White Feather and feck off complaint against the other place and a Mod telling somebody on here to feck off and post elsewhere. How is that different or better than? And Punchdrunk, with an elected position comes a certain responsibility to not just act as you see fit against an individual. Just my opinion of course.

Truth is that people like Tring and Rickler need a war of the sites. Without it they are marginalised by their distance from the football part of what a football forum is for. They have nothing much football wise to comment on so keeping the pot boiling keeps them in the headlines. Some people hate to be ignored, it's an ego thing apparently.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You have more than one!

I was thinking of opening hours at the market and the general lack of support by the council for businesses in the city centre.

Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You have more than one!

I was thinking of opening hours at the market and the general lack of support by the council for businesses in the city centre.

That one is flogging a dead horse mate. Got a couple of ideas coming to fruition.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
If you set yourself up to be suposedly better than something else then how is acting the same any sort of recommendation?    White Feather and feck off complaint against the other place and a Mod telling somebody on here to feck off and post elsewhere.    How is that different or better than?   And Punchdrunk, with an elected position comes a certain responsibility to not just act as you see fit against an individual.    Just my opinion of course.

Truth is that people like Tring and Rickler need a war of the sites.    Without it they are marginalised by their distance from the football part of what a football forum is for.    They have nothing much football wise to comment on so keeping the pot boiling keeps them in the headlines.    Some people hate to be ignored, it's an ego thing apparently.    

'Some people' hate seeing the club they grew up with being used for pure gain by a property developer and his dimwitted but devious jamboys helping him, in return for their seat in the directors' box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You have more than one!

That one is flogging a dead horse mate. Got a couple of ideas coming to fruition.

Of course it is. I chuckled when I saw you starting up a "facebook group". Talk about pissing against the wind, and yet we poor souls on here are ridiculed for our pointless stand against Brent's HHP tragedy.
I find the energy down that end of the town now unstoppable and actually not that pleasant, and I actually don't mind a bit of a rough edge.
Maybe with Jimmy's and PCC's new found "Art quarter" vision, a Plymouth Mon Martre might develop lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 pm

True enough Tring but I note you don't deny the need for the war. Newell needs the war just as much which is why in my opinion you all keep it boiling along nicely. If people took to talking about how the match went on Saturday then you would be fecked for a comment. Apart from "Oh we beat (insert any name) look how far we've come".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

how long will it before atd and pasoti members are at peace?

I say when Millwall win the FA Cup. how about you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Angry wrote:

There can never be peace, not while the farmyard controller and his chums have the keys to the sweetie shop
And besides bear baiting is fun  lol! jocolor geek 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
True enough Tring but I note you don't deny the need for the war.    Newell needs the war just as much which is why in my opinion you all keep it boiling along nicely.    If people took to talking about how the match went on Saturday then you would be fecked for a comment.     Apart from "Oh we beat (insert any name) look how far we've come".

So, do you want everything to be swept under the carpet so you can enjoy your next boiled egg in peace, whilst squatting on the grave of justice ?
Is history not a welcome visitor in your house ? Whose history is deemed inappropriate in the Sensible household ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:08 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

There can never be peace, not while the farmyard controller and his chums have the keys to the sweetie shop
And besides bear baiting is fun  lol! jocolor geek 

but it is agreed apon that bar nool an the gang the rest of them are ok and welcome here anytime for tea and crumpets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Angry wrote:

Never and it should never be forgotten how they have aided and abetted the restriction that will forever blight any future ambition that we had all hoped would one day realise our potential. I cannot think of a worse act of treachery that has ever been committed by a football fan, at any club.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm

cobblers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:07 pm

The nool controlled website backs brents plans to make homepark smaller, how can that be good for the long term future of the club? it will be surrounded by hotels and other assorted crap with a permanent 16000 capacity.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
True enough Tring but I note you don't deny the need for the war.    Newell needs the war just as much which is why in my opinion you all keep it boiling along nicely.    If people took to talking about how the match went on Saturday then you would be fecked for a comment.     Apart from "Oh we beat (insert any name) look how far we've come".

Listen Sensi, you really are the most hypocritical argumentative f ucker I've ever come across on ANY forum.

You go on about talking about football. Out of curiosity I've just trawled back through dozens of your posting offerings.

Do you know when you last commented or made significant reference to an Argyle match? I'll tell you.....

NOVEMBER 26TH  cheers 

FFS

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Some people need to get out more (me for one)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Screw that Pete, it's bloody freezing outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southend match thread   Southend match thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southend match thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next