hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Should have gone to buy xmas presents today. Didn't. Still three days to go, innit.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Peggy wrote:
Should have gone to buy xmas presents today. Didn't. Still three days to go, innit.

Did it today. Sun was shining, shops weren't as bad as I'd expected, and all that's left is a trip to the aquarium shop in my lunchbreak tomorrow and a quick visit to Lidl (milk and bananas innit) on Tuesday.

I also got a new washing-up bowl.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Went to the new B & M store over the river today, filled up with coal and coke for my two sons fire’s, told the little ones it was their xmas presents it did not go down very well. Expect to have the grandson tomorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Been in bed lots of the day feeling unwell. I went to the match yesterday. There might be a connection. There might not.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Why is it on days that I have loads of 'stuff' to do, the weather forcast is almost always horrific?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:58 am

Went to farm foods at seven this morning, came back and give the wife tea and the paper in bed, The daily and Sunday express price will increase by 5p from this Thursday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:32 am

just had a crunchie for breakfast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 am

I've had breakfast out in the sun on my patio and watched the little fluffy clouds gently passing over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 am

I mite go and play the ORBs little fluffy cloud tune now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:17 am

alannotivvy wrote:
I mite go and play the ORBs  little fluffy cloud tune now

That may be the first time that one of my posts has been inspirational.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:42 am

Have to dung out the conservatory ready for the gang to descend on boxing day.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Twenty years ago (that's 1993), I was in Geneva on work business. While we were there, I arranged for me and a couple of colleagues to meet Dennis McShane, who was then working for one of the international trade union federations. However, when we got to his office he wasn't there: apparently he expected us to ring on the day to confirm, whereas as far as we were concerned it was confirmed and if he needed to cancel it was up to him to contact us. Today he's been sent to prison for six months. I feel justice has finally been served.

In other news, I really want to understand why, when we're suffering gale force winds, so many people persist in trying to use umbrellas.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:31 pm

My 'cube' patio furniture doesn't resemble a 'cube' any more.

On a brighter note, one of my neighbours fences looks like it's about to come down at any minute. As he's a prize dick, this amuses me greatly.  Thanks/OK 
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Why is it on days that I have loads of 'stuff' to do, the weather forcast is almost always horrific?

I reluctantly dragged my cold ridden arse up to town as I'd promised my two little tackers I'd take them shopping for their pressies and they could get mine. Two minutes in SportsDirect sorted me out with golf shirts and shoes (not the cheapest tat I normally buy myself). Then dragged all round while they tried to make up their minds what they really wanted. Success was achieved after about three hours when I bought them both.......SKATEBOARDS!!!

They are 33 and 31 FFS
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:24 am

Charlie it easy, I have two boy 40 and 41, I leave it to the wife, but I put money in their cards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 am

Lost two fence panels in the wind and no sign of my recycling bin. Oh well someone should bring it back.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Went to the new B & M store over the river today, filled up with coal and coke for my two sons fire’s, told the little ones it was their xmas presents it did not go down very well. Expect to have the grandson tomorrow

B+M, would that be as in B+M Bargains? If so i worked in one of the first stores when I was a young hippo.
The electric has been on and off all day so far. It doesn't affect us too much apart from lighting, but I do feel for those people here and else where who don't have the luxury of a wood stove.
The bar is full of us whom don 't have power, no elf n safety here, just common sense and piss headness Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:01 pm

The 6% honey stout on sale in The Tamar is ansum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Been to work, came home again. Greased the turkey, had a bath (it's Christmas!), wrapped up a pressy and now for a quick spruce up of the place and I'm all set for the mayhem tomorrow when the kids appear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Massive game pie in the oven for Boxing day, the Tamer was looking like the Amazon at Gunny bridge, the wife took advantage of me last night when I was drunk and just used me, I feel dirty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Iggy wrote:
Massive game pie in the oven for Boxing day, the Tamer was looking like the Amazon at Gunny bridge, the wife took advantage of me last night when I was drunk and just used me, I feel dirty.

Took advantage of your drunken state and got you to clean the house????  affraid 

I went into Tavi today - I've seen the bridge at Gunny looking wet but that's probably the highest I've seen the river.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:11 am

06.10 Woken by the mother of all hailstorms

06.15 Eldest daughter joins us for a cuddle 'cos she's scared

06.20 I'm forcefully evicted from bed after being informed there's now "no room"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
06.10 Woken by the mother of all hailstorms

06.15  Eldest daughter joins us for a cuddle 'cos she's scared

06.20 I'm forcefully evicted from bed after being informed there's now "no room"

A bit of a un'stable' relationship you seem to have there at present.....very seasonable if I may say so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 9:31 am

Turkey in the oven, I have no idea how long it takes to cook but we'll eat the thing when it's brown!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Kids awake at 7.20.

Kicked out of bed at 7.21.

Mayhem starts down stairs at 7.30.

Father in law arrives here with cooked turkey at 11.30.

Feeding time at the zoo 2.00pm!  bounce 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next