Chingers
Peggy
hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm

watgull wrote:
Now wife is watching some auction crap I am listening to Nina Simone. Is that better Very Happy

sunny 

Saw her twice.... once she was absolutely mind-blowingly brilliant, one of my all-time top concerts .... once she was average and a complete diva with a scowl that could kill.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Still waiting for my paint to turn up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Just downloaded 'Last Vegas'. I'll save that for the W/E. Looks a hoot.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Still waiting
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

day at St Budeaux shopping, changed all the busses round but I coped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Had a nicely liquid lunch with a group of good people. We were deciding on the new wines we were going to stock.

House wines: Italian Pinot Grigio & Chilean Merlot.
Better (ie more expensive) wines: Spanish Rioja & French Sauvignon Blanc.

Cider remains Cornish Orchards Gold & Farmhouse.

Beer remains Tribute & St Austell 1913 stout.

Ansum.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Got flippin soaked going from the office to a meeting late this afternoon. Good job I don't really care what my hair looks like.

(Note to self: put little umbrella back into work bag. Or wear the coat with a hood.)
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Just walked home bike still broken.
paint never arrived
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 pm

The great flood from the road that services our hamlet has gone! The council sent out two blokes with bars and shovels and they've properly opened the drain which has been blocked for about three years! Thank god for David Cameron and his response to the flooding, I give him full credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Iggy wrote:
The great flood from the road that services our hamlet has gone! The council sent out two blokes with bars and shovels and they've properly opened the drain which has been blocked for about three years! Thank god for David Cameron and his response to the flooding, I give him full credit.

I was told by a councillor that Cornwall Council have an informal policy of putting repairs off until they really need to be done. Then they cost a lot more to put right. Maybe in Cameron's Big Society we will be asked to go out and do the work ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:36 pm

An advert in my freecycle group,

Posters, various from Calenders-The Wanted- royal marines,Whippets, penguins, Tom Daley.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Waiting to see if Knecht is on the telly (BBC) cars being moved

Edit to say, saw three swans no Knecht maybe tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Waiting to see if Knecht is on the telly (BBC) cars being moved

Edit  to say, saw three swans no Knecht maybe tonight

I'll have you know I was interviewed on camera by .... Force's TV. How about that?!

There were more press there today than residents. It was on national BBC radio news earlier and was filmed by national BBC & ITV telly. Plus all sorts of other people with microphones & cameras.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm

just seen knecht on the telly in the background
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Well, "gotta support our boys". Their PR is a big industry these days. A pity the NHS doesn't get the same press.
Britain's own Blackthorn Down.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:20 pm

I didn't see Knecht on the telly today.

Did get flippin soaked again, though. Yes, I had put the little umbrella back in my work bag. No, I didn't use it as it was far too windy. Then by the time I got somewhere where it wasn't too windy there was no point in getting anything else wet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 pm

The Tyra Banks lookalike presenting Sky Sports News is giving me a stirring 'downstairs'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 pm

For those who missed it earlier:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 am

the councillor bloke had a nice wooly jumper
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 am

Still bloody waiting.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Still bloody waiting.

Do you regret ordering from that particular supplier?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 am

I get my paint from Artifolk, they are very prompt. Probably the wrong sort of paint though  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Still bloody waiting.

Do you regret ordering from that particular supplier?

yes I do.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:21 pm

I meet a nice man last night I have not seen for around 50 years. Mr Bunny was his name.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:41 pm

I may go to the pantomime on Sunday.

In other news, youngest daughter has lost her rediculously expensive bus pass. Again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next