hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Roast veg, stuffing and Toy Story 3. Innit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:30 pm

The little one’s came down for a few hours this morning. Will be back for the day tomorrow.
Just come back from the Hoe, yes the café was open. The young son (40) wanted to go for a walk, drop him and the wife at he barbican and met then at the café by West Hoe, it was pouring down
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Had dinner, delivered a dinner to an elderly relative (he didn't want to trouble us by having to be picked up to come here for dinner), watched toy story 3 and now strictly is on.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:02 pm

OMG, I can't move. Buuuuuuuuuuuurp. Thumbs 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:07 pm

All good.  I love you 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Waiting for Mrs Brown, that my telly tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 am

I was ill all day yesterday and still feel like crap today.

I missed the excitement in my road.

This happened about 30 feet away from me....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I told the council months ago that this would happen. The road was beginning to slope & cracks were opening up. They said they would send an engineer to inspect it. I assumed their expertise was better than mine.

Edit .... that's strange.... the pics appear in the preview but don't appear on the forum. There were a couple of shots taken by a neighbour of the road collapsed down the slope toward the river and a car hanging over the edge. Luckily nobody hurt. I haven't been out of my house yet - the pics were sent to me by a neighbour - but it looks as though anyone along the road is trapped in their cars as it's a dead end. Exciting isn't it?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:33 am

TV last night was bleddy awful, not one single film I haven't seen before, caught the last minute of Eastenders and I'm still traumatised (Jernine sobbing in the back of a cop car as they take her away to chokey) isn't that what Christmas is all about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 am

Mother in law is in residence for the festive period so I had to endure the shite that is Coronation Street. Last time I forced myself to watch that was when Eddies Yates was caught giviing Hilda Ogden one up the startfish by her old man, Stan.  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:02 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:07 am

Oh dear. Shocked 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am

More road collapsed over-night. Five houses evacuated. It's a dead-end road so lots of us are unable to get out in our cars. This isn't going to be sorted for a long while! Council engineers are talking about a temporary road up through the woods. That will be a major undertaking and not without its problems! Luckily we still have water & power and nobody was hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:47 am

Sorry. None of that is mundane at all.

It will have a brief item on local news later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:33 pm

The Danescombe road is it not? The track through the woods is ok for FWD,s but I wouldn't take my van up there. There's loads of people live down there, bummer mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Iggy wrote:
The Danescombe road is it not? The track through the woods is ok for FWD,s but I wouldn't take my van up there. There's loads of people live down there, bummer mate.

Not the Danescombe Road - there's an old track before you get there that picks up the old incline railway before picking up a very narrow road that takes you up to Danescombe. At a guess it's about half a mile in length. It would need bull-dozing and a temporary surface laid. And I chatted with the woman who lives below it who said above her house there's just a dry-stone wall holding the bank back! And I know someone is buried up there in a woodland grave so it may get even more difficult. This may run for some time!

The trouble is that various of us told the council about the state of the road and its risk of collapse during the summer and nothing was done.

The five houses evacuated haven't been offered anything. One of them went back home to London  Very Happy  and the others were put up by friends & family. My home is only two doors away from the evacuated houses. I didn't know anything about it until a neighbour sent me a couple of pictures via email as she thought I wasn't at home.

I shall sue the council for every penny that I spend trying to get out of the village by car - it will need taxis - and for the disturbance. I will become rich overnight.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Our top reporter Ian Craft, who supplied the photos, said the highway, in Lower Kelly, began to subside mid-morning on Christmas Day and then sank further during the night.

Writing this made me miss the goals on sky news

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:29 pm

On BBC news with the photo, another scoop for ATD!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:59 pm

In the Herald, on local TV and on the national news of the BBC web-site.

And what have I got out of it? Nothing! Not even a Crackerjack pencil.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Boxing day dinner for 10 at our place today then another 7 for tea. Last one left half an hour ago.

Off to bed soon.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Young son (40) who is staying over for a few days, took us out for lunch.

My plan this year is to find him a nice lady
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Young son (40) who is staying over for a few days, took us out for lunch.

My plan this year is to find him a nice lady  

Maybe he would prefer a naughty one!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm

theres still beer and cider left, no wonder im still sober.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Swapped my cute little Dyson (R2D2, as it was fondly known) for my mum's slightly larger Dyson, which she finds difficult to manage now. (It hasn't got a name yet, although, since it's got a ball, it could well end up being George, as in Best. Or maybe Hitler.) Somebody (almost without a doubt not my old mum) had lost or thrown away the instruction leaflet, but I've downloaded one.

Might try it out some time in the next few days. Or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Peggy wrote:
Swapped my cute little Dyson (R2D2, as it was fondly known) for my mum's slightly larger Dyson, which she finds difficult to manage now. (It hasn't got a name yet, although, since it's got a ball, it could well end up being George, as in Best. Or maybe Hitler.) Somebody (almost without a doubt not my old mum) had lost or thrown away the instruction leaflet, but I've downloaded one.

Did you know that you can get a service from Dyson for a fixed fee? It was something like £70 a few years ago. We had ours serviced and they replaced virtually everything - a slight exaggeration - and all it cost was the service fee. That covered electrics, mechanics, parts & panels.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:47 pm

knecht wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Did you know that you can get a service from Dyson for a fixed fee? It was something like £70 a few years ago. We had ours serviced and they replaced virtually everything - a slight exaggeration - and all it cost was the service fee. That covered electrics, mechanics, parts & panels.

What about the balls?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next