hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Five year old's school nativity play this afternoon. Several references to what sounded suspiciously like 'bleeding sheep', an angel who couldn't stop yawning, an excellent sheep (the five year old) and a camel who got very upset when his tail came off in his hand.

Lovely  flower 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 pm

ok for once it starts raining once im inside and not once I go out.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Went to work re-union, conversation centred around who has died since the last one. don't know that I will bother again
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm

its now pissing down and ive got to go out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Beautiful evening here. I've just come in from eating out on my patio. I'm going out this evening also. It's a bit windy so may have to put a cardie on.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm

I can't face trying to put the bed together.

Maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can't face trying to put the bed together.

Maybe tomorrow.

Light weight.  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Not going out.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Just took young son (40) to his school prize giving at the Guildhall, those DHSB parent needs to learn to be more patient when trying to find a car parking space
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 pm

I got soaked dry now 3 hours later
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:20 am

Up early to make sure all bins are ready for the bin men, it is the last collection before xmas.

No little one's for the rest of the week. Mum home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 am

I missed the Rhyme 'n' Bounce at the library today, but will be going home to have a nice bath with my rubber ducks bounce 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

overslept :/
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Off for a nap hard morning
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Off for a nap hard morning

that's what she said

apparently
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Drums are loud
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:29 pm

nap over, off to town to buy the wife and young son (40) some dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 pm

It almost snowed in the mountainous region of Callington today.

It started as light hail and then turned to sleet that was enough to give a sticky coating to the parked windscreens.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 pm

The bed is done. Huzzah!

But......

If i could give one bit of advice, it would be - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the instructions here on page 2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it says it will take 2 people 2 hours to assemble (a flat pack bed - 2hrs? Really? scratch ).

Well, they're not wrong -  it took 2 fuckin hours alright!  Mad 

When you have instructions online that bare no resemblance whatsoever to the ones in the actual box, its a worry. Then, when you read "please do not worry if a part looks bent, it will look fine once assembled" (see page 2 again), alarm bells start ringing. Add to that written instructions that actually stop mid-sentence (I kid you not), lettered parts that don't correspond to either the online instructions OR the written ones, and topped off by two screws and two dowels actually missing, and you have the sort of mini-clusterfuck Brent would be proud of.

This could and should be a one-man 30 minute job, comfortably. Breathtaking incompetence literally means you add a good 90 minutes trying to decipher the instructions, written by someone obviously under the influence of some seriously strong mind-altering hallucinogenics.

The daughter likes it though.  flower 

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Went to hospital today for my 2 o clock consultation. At 2:15pm there were no doctors. The first person went in at 3:15pm. I was the second in. Some rich woman bitched constantly that she had been waiting for a long time and had to be seen straight away as she had had an important call. A smartfone and expensive clothes do not make a person more important than anyone else. I hope that when the doctor sees her she gets a clean bill of health and never has to return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 am

awoke early today, had a nice walk by the Exe and went home to read the paper, pick a horse and a nice pot of tea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 am

The days are about to get longer. Soon the sun will shine, birds will sing and fluffy little lambs will be eaten.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:30 am

Up a little bit late today, the little one's will be down to play so I needed to rest, extra pocket money for them this weekend end of term, they both do well.

Will I go to the match or no that the question today?

Off for the paper, let the wife sleep on.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:52 am

Had the Grandson over Thursday and the Grandaughter yesterday, their schools break up on different days. But find it difficult (not impossible) to cope with both at once.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:05 am

Same here Pete

Got wet getting the paper.

Took the wife a cup of tea and the paper magazine up to her bed.

change tea to breakfast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next