hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Today I have done this. Hopefully a lot of other people will, too.

Quote :
Text the word DONATE to 70000 to donate £5

Your full £5 donation goes to the DEC Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Peggy wrote:

Quote :

Kaz's Aunt is from The Philippines and hasn't been seen or heard from for 4 days now and nobody seems to know if her and her husband are over there or not. Very worrying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 am

Oh dear,signs of winter here in NW Kent......first real frost showing on the lawn,I knew it must of been colder this morning when I got up because the radiators were warm (frost protection had kicked in).

This means the half million oak leaves that I inherit each autumn from the woods next to my garden will start to fall.....I have already had the thousands of acorns (and many twigs) that have been very abundant this year making the lawnmower unusable without first raking them up.

Incredible show of red and orange berries have been weighing branches down...never seen such a sight before......they have made my bird feeders and table semi-redundant this autumn.

Nature lets you know who is in charge incase you ever forget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Quote :

Kaz's Aunt is from The Philippines and hasn't been seen or heard from for 4 days now and nobody seems to know if her and her husband are over there or not. Very worrying.
I hope that she is OK Jock, she might well be as there are no comms over there and may not be for a while.
Another good charity is shelter box, they are sending over 40,000 boxes as we speak, one thing that they pack in a box is a pre pay mobile phone, if people can at least contact relatives it means one less thing to worry about. I thought about flying over and volunteering there but the situation is so bad I think I may be more of a burden on food supplies than a help at the moment, they need food and quick, desperate times for them.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 2:36 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Incredible show of red and orange berries have been weighing branches down...never seen such a sight before......they have made my bird feeders and table semi-redundant this autumn.

Nature lets you know who is in charge incase you ever forget.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's an old-wives' tale relating to the amount of berries in the Autumn.

A heavy crop of berries is meant to be nature's way of providing extra food to get wildlife through a harsh winter.
So an abundance of berries means a hard winter is coming (and fewer means a milder one).

Get ready to wrap up warm!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Quote :

My friend and his family have now had their power restored and been able to let people know they're fine. I hope Kaz hears news of her relatives soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:10 am

Peggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Quote :

My friend and his family have now had their power restored and been able to let people know they're fine. I hope Kaz hears news of her relatives soon.
She's heard from her Aunt now Peggy, she was away for the weekend in London. Her family and friends have been badly affected but all alive which is the main thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am

kiddies sing song in Tivvy library today.... the bus' wheels are going round ,its horn is going beep and there seems to be a dingly dangly scarecrow somewhere !bounce 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am

Was down the beach the other day, when a couple started giving it hell in front of all the kids. Then a policeman came along and they both attacked him, as well as their little dog. Was about to intercede when a crocodile came along and ate all the sausages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:23 pm

violence everwhere !!!!!! its all Brents fault
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Stopped to watch a Punch & Judy a couple of years back in the park at Crystal Palace while we ate our ice-creams with one of our grandsons.

We felt uneasy watching the violence level and noticed that our grandson and other young children were definately uneasy with what they were seeing......so we walked away. Other parents had left their children to it while they just nattered and took no notice.

Later on I saw the Punch & Judy man packing up, he was heavily tattoo'd and facially ringed and looked a real evil git......how many children saw him afterwards I don't know,but I wondered how they chose their childrens entertainers in the park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:24 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
kiddies sing song in Tivvy library today.... the bus' wheels are going round ,its horn is going beep and there seems to be a dingly dangly scarecrow somewhere !bounce 
Rhyme time. We used to take tinyman and he loved it, not in Tivvy of course but it seems like something all libraries do now and it's a good thing.

I learned a few nursery rhymes I'd never heard of before and some extra verses of row row row your boat like, "row, row, row your boat gently down the river, if you see a polar bear don't forget to shiver".
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:35 pm

If you see a lion there don't forget to roar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 pm

I went swimming this morning (not mundane - I usually go in the evenings) and arrived just as a mother and baby class was finishing. Very sweet, all these tiny babies floating blissfully round and blowing bubbles. At the end, they had a special mother and baby class song, during which the babies were gently spun round in their mother's arms until the bit where they all got lifted up HIGH and then swooped down into the water. Lovely.

I'll probably stick with evenings, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:07 am

Another boring dustbin morning....we're early on the round....so up and out with bins.....not a good idea putting out night before,our local foxes are like kamikaze pilots and rearrange everyones front lawns,if you get my meaning.

It can sometimes be worrying.....I put out the bins for a 92yr old across the cul-de-sac...by himself and needing a zimmer to move anywhere.

He unlocks his back gate....hasn't done it this morning.....curtains not drawn yet...so just hoping he's okay.......of course not too mundane if he is in trouble...lets hope he's just forgot or overslept.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:18 am

Maybe ring 101. They are pretty good at responding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:19 am

I have an acquaintance in her 90s. She wasn't answering her phone. She didn't respond to her door-bell. She's as fit and active as anyone in their 90s. Someone called the police. The police were told that a key was being looked for with another friend in the village but they were about to crash the door down anyway. Luckily the key arrived in time. Even then they had to be talked out of tramping up the stairs of her flat and let a neighbour go up first in case she was frightened by a big bloke appearing. Beth was asleep in her chair, that's all. If they'd broken down her door she would have had to pay for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 am

Well it wasn't too mundane in the end.

Phoned local Hospital....and found out he was in the High Acute Stroke Unit (he's 93)

We live in a quiet Cul-De-Sac and nobody realized an Ambulance had taken him two days ago.

We will pop up there this evening and check how he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am

ZYPH wrote:
Another boring dustbin morning....we're early on the round....so up and out with bins.....not a good idea putting out night before,our local foxes are like kamikaze pilots and rearrange everyones front lawns,if you get my meaning.

It can sometimes be worrying.....I put out the bins for a 92yr old across the cul-de-sac...by himself and needing a zimmer to move anywhere.

He unlocks his back gate....hasn't done it this morning.....curtains not drawn yet...so just hoping he's okay.......of course not too mundane if he is in trouble...lets hope he's just forgot or overslept.

Our dustbin pick up is at 5am, luckily im usually awake.bounce 

No sing songs in the library today.....more importantly, the photocopier wasn't working ( Brents fault ).Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 pm

To drink some beer tonight down my local or no? Decisions decisions.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Off to see Gravity tonight. Dunno if it's any good but I feel strangely drawn towards it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:

Try saying......'Decisions Decisions'........after 4or5 pints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:41 pm

ZYPH wrote:

I'll give that a go tonight, down the Fortescuse on Mutley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:56 pm

One of my least favourite watering holes when I'm in Plymouth. Least favourite because the beer's so good & I'm usually driving so I have to limit myself to a solitary pint!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:37 am

ZYPH wrote:

So what happened ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next