Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm not sure what is happening with the weather, but I'm fed up with seeing rain and we haven't had it anywhere near as bad as other areas.

I've never seen Henry Westons on draft, would love a pint on a sunny day if we ever see one again, but Thatchers Gold is available round here. There's another Westons cider called Stowford Press, and I always thought it was a local Wiltshire cider as Stowford is just down the road and was the venue for a music festival for years, but Westons is Hereford based so not sure where that comes from.

There's a cheapy shop called B+M or something like that right around the corner from me, and they sell allsorts of cheap crap but have started selling booze really cheaply. Stowford Press in bottles is about £1.20 a bottle and they do Westons Old Rosie for £1.09 a bottle which is madness.

They also sell 6 small bottles of Newcastle Brown for £3.99, never seen these bottles before and I think they're sold abroad, and cans of Magners pear cider for 49p a can.

No wonder people get pissed on mundane rainy days.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Virgin has been offline allday and only just come back up, still no phone
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'm not sure what is happening with the weather, but I'm fed up with seeing rain and we haven't had it anywhere near as bad as other areas.

I've never seen Henry Westons on draft, would love a pint on a sunny day if we ever see one again, but Thatchers Gold is available round here. There's another Westons cider called Stowford Press, and I always thought it was a local Wiltshire cider as Stowford is just down the road and was the venue for a music festival for years, but Westons is Hereford based so not sure where that comes from.

There's a cheapy shop called B+M or something like that right around the corner from me, and they sell allsorts of cheap crap but have started selling booze really cheaply. Stowford Press in bottles is about £1.20 a bottle and they do Westons Old Rosie for £1.09 a bottle which is madness.

They also sell 6 small bottles of Newcastle Brown for £3.99, never seen these bottles before and I think they're sold abroad, and cans of Magners pear cider for 49p a can.

Stowford Press is a nice drop too. Not overly strong by alc. volume, but it has quite a distinctive taste.

They have it on draught in the Seco lounge. It's a pain because they also have Estrella Damm, Barcelona's greatest export. I can never make my mind up, end up having both, which usually results in going home prematurely... Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I too have had no internet nearly all day. Also, the OnDemand telly was down, so me and the four year old had to watch Bear Behaving Badly instead of continuing our Fireman Sam marathon. Quite a relief, really, since I can't stand that kid Norman in Fireman Sam. Or the station commander feller with the moustache. Or indeed Sam. Before that, we went to the seven year old's school assembly, which was sweet.

Given the absence of tinternet, and the light being too poor to work, I spent the afternoon reading nearly all of an Alan Furst novel.

That's all.

PS Internet is back now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Virgin has been offline allday and only just come back up, still no phone

No Virgin in Plymouth?

Insert your own punchline here.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Stowford Press is a nice drop too. Not overly strong by alc. volume, but it has quite a distinctive taste.

They have it on draught in the Seco lounge. It's a pain because they also have Estrella Damm, Barcelona's greatest export. I can never make my mind up, end up having both, which usually results in going home prematurely... Embarassed

Where's the Seco Lounge Czarcasm?

I've got Aspalls for tonight, but it is Cyder not Cider I must add.

How much is it for a decent pint of Cider now in a pub? I very rarely get the chance to visit one, and if I do it's with the family and I don't actually know what a pint costs. Last year a bottle of Henry Westons Vintage was £3.15 in the pub, and I was getting 4 bottles for a fiver from the supermarket, and I can totally understand why people drink at home now. The atmosphere aint so good, especially if the missus is at home, but you can do whatever you want and have control of the jukebox.

Sorry Peggy, mundane thread taken over by cider/cyder today.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Sadly - I think - almost all commercial cider brewed in Hereford is actually owned by Heineken.

Heineken own Bulmers, who own the names on our most wonderful creations - even my beloved Scrumpy Jack, which states that it is made by Symonds, falls into this deeply disappointing category.....

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 pm

A quick Google seems to suggest that Weston's may be independent though.....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Where's the Seco Lounge Czarcasm?
I've got Aspalls for tonight, but it is Cyder not Cider I must add.

How much is it for a decent pint of Cider now in a pub? I very rarely get the chance to visit one, and if I do it's with the family and I don't actually know what a pint costs. Last year a bottle of Henry Westons Vintage was £3.15 in the pub, and I was getting 4 bottles for a fiver from the supermarket, and I can totally understand why people drink at home now. The atmosphere aint so good, especially if the missus is at home, but you can do whatever you want and have control of the jukebox.

Sorry Peggy, mundane thread taken over by cider/cyder today.

A fairly new pub, been open a couple of years now, part of the redevelopment of the Royal William Yard.

I think Stowford is £3.80. But you're paying a bit more for a nice waterfront location etc. and not being surrounded by cnuts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm

JonB wrote:
A quick Google seems to suggest that Weston's may be independent though.....

Thank feck for that. I thought for a moment I'd been drinking Bulmers all along Razz

I did read this last year about bumper cider apple crops last year, and another one that I can't find now, saying that cider this last couple of years had improved out of all recognition in quality, and cider sales were going through the roof.

It's almost like it's come back into fashion, but one of the ciders attributed to the boom in sales was Magners, which I can't stand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15999889
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd just like to say that I haven't been able to get any spinach anywhere. This has been the case for about two weeks now and, as somebody who'd normally eat the stuff nearly every day, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Can't be helping my iron levels, either.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Peggy wrote:
I'd just like to say that I haven't been able to get any spinach anywhere. This has been the case for about two weeks now and, as somebody who'd normally eat the stuff nearly every day, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Can't be helping my iron levels, either.

Selling off best before packets cheap at Trago Kwop earlier.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Peggy wrote:
I'd just like to say that I haven't been able to get any spinach anywhere.

You could spend the money you've saved, on cider.

Result.

Jon, I take it you raided the garage for the thatchers gold?

Good man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:07 pm

For all your Spinach and Cider needs, I heartily recommend Cornish Farm Foods; they deliver, too. Their Sales and Marketing geezer is a decent bloke, also Wink

No point asking me to sort out an order for you now, though. I finished work an hour ago and I have no intention of lifting a finger until 9.30 on Monday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
For all your Spinach and Cider needs, I heartily recommend Cornish Farm Foods; they deliver, too. Their Sales and Marketing geezer is a decent bloke, also Wink

No point asking me to sort out an order for you now, though. I finished work an hour ago and I have no intention of lifting a finger until 9.30 on Monday morning.

I'm sure Peggy feels loads better knowing she could've had spinach delivered by your firm Andy, as she's fecking gagging for some now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Spinach isn't exactly something I'd say you 'gagged' for, but if there's break in at Trago Co-op tonight I'm at home finishing my book study

Andy - is your spinach competitively priced? (Oh - and now my cold's gone I keep forgetting to text you about my cheese samples ...)
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 pm

The weather here is neither too hot or cold. Peggy, you could try kale instead of spinach, its also a good source for your vitamins. Cider is not my drink of choice after a few too many Taunton Exibitions. Does that still exist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Spinach news: I have no idea whether our spinach is competitively priced. Never buy the stuff, see.

Our Free-range meats, cheeses and scrumpy certainly are. Now those items, I consume regularly.

In other farm-related news, as I drove into Kersworthy Farm this morning, I ran over a rabbit. Don't worry, there's thousands of the little feckers all over the fields. I can however report that, following the accident, it's current condition is listed as 'delicious'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Spinach news: I have no idea whether our spinach is competitively priced. Never buy the stuff, see.

Our Free-range meats, cheeses and scrumpy certainly are. Now those items, I consume regularly.

In other farm-related news, as I drove into Kersworthy Farm this morning, I ran over a rabbit. Don't worry, there's thousands of the little feckers all over the fields. I can however report that, following the accident, it's current condition is listed as 'delicious'.

lol! Pity it was just a rabbit and not a Bunney albino

Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Hope you took the batteries out. Smile
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 pm

You are rampant tonight Hippo
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 am

shall be away. child minding most of the weekend Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 am

Just had a Jehovahs Witness knock on the door, and it's pissing down. I almost felt sorry enough to say come in and dry off but I'm not interested in your shit, but you just know they would try and convert you, so I told him to feck off.

My dad used to let a couple of them come in when my brother was alive, and they were told in no uncertain terms that they were welcome to have a sit down and chat, my brother was quite bad by then and he used to smile when they called and the two JW's were really nice to him, but it was just general chat, no religion.

I feel bad for telling him to feck off now Crying or Very sad but I was quite polite-ish for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 am

I'm told that if you say to them that they can come in if you all pray together that sends them away. Apparently they are not allowed to pray with a non-JW. Ain't belief wonderful!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 am

knecht wrote:
I'm told that if you say to them that they can come in if you all pray together that sends them away. Apparently they are not allowed to pray with a non-JW. Ain't belief wonderful!?

I'll remember that for next time. They've probably changed their rules though knowing my luck Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next