Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Out to the patio to bask and tidy up and watch the river flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:15 pm

An afternoon off work; sadly, won't be enjoying the sunshine as self, #1 son and The Leader of the Opposition (the missus, innit) are heading to an 'open afternoon' at #1 son's new Primary School. Meet the teachers, mosey round the classrooms and pretend to look enthralled with whatever second rate art or music they've put on in order to demonstrate what a fabulous place it is.

Hopefully there will be tea and biscuits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:31 pm

And if you dare to question what goes on there will be a closing of ranks.

An immensely difficult job is teaching but so insular!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:19 am

Posted on exeweb this morning, 1st time I've even looked at it for months, we all have numpties don't we, lots on there too, thinking we're going to be challenging for promotion next season Embarassed I love to stir it me Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:36 am

It's a fairly mundane thing, but this is my 1000th post cheers

**Wipes sweat from brow, removes cap, raises bat to acknowledge applause from the crowd. Takes a fresh guard to prepare for the next thousand.**
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:35 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

**Wipes sweat from brow, removes cap, raises bat to acknowledge applause from the crowd. Takes a fresh guard to prepare for the next thousand.**

SHOULDN'T WE BE THE ONES TO TAKE GUARD FROM YOUR NEXT 1000? JUST ASKING LIKE Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:04 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

905 for me, doubt I'll make a 1,000 lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:26 am

knecht wrote:
And if you dare to question what goes on there will be a closing of ranks.

An immensely difficult job is teaching but so insular!

You want to try being married to a head teacher. It's the most differcult job I have ever had. There again I said that when she was a teacher! Shocked

Maybe its just her......... coming dear!!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:17 am

I used to be married to a head-teacher (OK of a PRU) and she was my boss for a few months. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:48 pm

A quiet day listening to Test Match Special on Radio 4 - The radio station for Mundaners everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:36 am

Monaco GP. That was pretty mundane.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:59 am

Ironing, getting lunch and just finished the food shop!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:19 am

For further mundanity, I am now watching the Indy 500 on Sky.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:21 am

How nice to get back to the mundane after all the other stuff going on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:26 am

In the words of Gerry Adams, it hasn't gone away you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:45 am

pepsipete wrote:
How nice to get back to the mundane after all the other stuff going on

And thanks to all those with mundanity to report.

Me, I've been busy doing interesting and nice things. Some of them in the sunshine.

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:54 am

Too knackered to do anything today. I woke up at 7:00 and again at 10:30. Had brunch and slobbed around reading and being on here (not mundane).

I must have a shower - especially as I have changed the bed....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:04 am

I hate that. The bed thing, I mean.

You wake up, all full of the joys of spring, laughing at the crazy blackbird, and think 'these sheets are coming off. Today.' True to your word, you rip them off the bed along with your body. Sometimes, you even put them straight in the washing machine.

Then you get on with your day. You might go to work, or you might not. You might look after a child - yours or somebody else's - or an elderly relative. Or both. You might watch some sport, or a film, or listen to some music, or all of these things. You probably eat two or three times, drink something five or six or more times, and go to the toilet on a number of occasions (washing your hands afterwards each time, of course).

And so the day draws to a close. Sleep beckons, possibly preceded by a little read or something saucy, or both. You make your way wearily to the bedroom, only to find ...

You've only forgotten to put the clean ones on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:39 am

Peggy wrote:
I hate that. The bed thing, I mean.

You wake up, all full of the joys of spring, laughing at the crazy blackbird, and think 'these sheets are coming off. Today.' True to your word, you rip them off the bed along with your body. Sometimes, you even put them straight in the washing machine.

Then you get on with your day. You might go to work, or you might not. You might look after a child - yours or somebody else's - or an elderly relative. Or both. You might watch some sport, or a film, or listen to some music, or all of these things. You probably eat two or three times, drink something five or six or more times, and go to the toilet on a number of occasions (washing your hands afterwards each time, of course).

And so the day draws to a close. Sleep beckons, possibly preceded by a little read or something saucy, or both. You make your way wearily to the bedroom, only to find ...

You've only forgotten to put the clean ones on.

You might hear me laughing out loud all the way from sunny Calstock to Demport! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am now going to go and put the fresh stuff on the bed......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:53 am

Been at a Vintage Car and Steam Engine show which I thought was going to be extremely mundane as I know nothing about cars, steam engines or motorbikes, but it was a nice family day out and the kids especially enjoyed it.

My 8 yr old stepson had a go on the go karts, which were more like buggys, and he was actually really good and a right little daredevil. He went on a similar thing last year and was so slow he kept getting passed by everyone else and stalling. It's amazing how much they grow up in a short space of time.

Also watched ferret racing and was taught how to trap beavers and other animals and then skin them, by a guy who swore he lives in the mountains and trades furs. He was sort of believable except he had a broad cockney accent and a mobile phone with I'm forever blowing bubbles as it's ringtone.

Still if a beaver strays into my garden I'll know how to trap it, kill it and turn it's bones into glue and it's fur into a winter hat.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:23 am

Just finished checking some old lottery tickets and I have won..........

bugger all as usual! Sad

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:38 pm

80's popular music lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:40 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Just finished checking some old lottery tickets and I have won..........

bugger all as usual! Sad

Just done the same, we have won the grand total of

£3.10 thank feck for the Euro lottery lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:05 am

Had a day's paid work today. Pretty mundane. Didn't get to read my book at all, except on my lunch break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:08 am

Dentist again for me. Where I had a tooth out last week has become badly infected and I look like the swarm of wasps Cerbs shoved up his ass have flown out of his ass and into my mouth and had a sting fest. Buzztiality I believe it's called Cerbera!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next