seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick

Nick

Presidents Progress - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I thought the Trust were overseeing the elections? Dingle's post suggests that it has now been superceded by Chris. Completely? Not sure we have the full facts here...

Any Trust types around to clarify?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Dingle wrote:
I've just returned home from the Senior Greens meeting where James Brent was, as per usual, an engaging and entertaining speaker. The membership of this club, which used to be a haven for having an afternoon off from 'jobs around the house' or shopping, a place to have a chat and a cup of tea, has recently had its ranks swollen by a couple of younger members - El Prez and sidekick, Is nowhere safe from this pair.

I was also disturbed to hear from JB's mouth that El Prez will be making the arrangements for and overseeing the GASBoard election - as it had to be seen as a separate entity from the club itself. But how is the President of the club (even though he has graciously turned down the parking space he was entitled to) not representing the club. Especially as he is taking every opportunity to criticise the Trust and even loudly endorsing one of the possible candidates.

James Brent is keen to strengthen the links between the club and the university. Why not let the business school run the election so it can be seen as a truly independent and democratically run event.

That is absolutely scandalous.

So where as we once had hoped that the Trust represent the broad sweep of the support via a democratic process instilled through a written constitution, they have now been superceded by a Supervisory board, the elections being run by someone who has an official role within the club. This has gone way too far, I am sick of seeing that mans, ovular head all over the place! Twisted Evil

Entirely agree. Why not go the whole hog and announce the results before holding the elections.

I just hope that if/when the honeymoon's over (as confirmed by relegation or continued mismanagement) the gullible twosome maintain their high profile by publicly admitting they got it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Ovular head ! lol!

I'm getting beyond caring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Dingle wrote:
I've just returned home from the Senior Greens meeting where James Brent was, as per usual, an engaging and entertaining speaker. The membership of this club, which used to be a haven for having an afternoon off from 'jobs around the house' or shopping, a place to have a chat and a cup of tea, has recently had its ranks swollen by a couple of younger members - El Prez and sidekick, Is nowhere safe from this pair.

I was also disturbed to hear from JB's mouth that El Prez will be making the arrangements for and overseeing the GASBoard election - as it had to be seen as a separate entity from the club itself. But how is the President of the club (even though he has graciously turned down the parking space he was entitled to) not representing the club. Especially as he is taking every opportunity to criticise the Trust and even loudly endorsing one of the possible candidates.

James Brent is keen to strengthen the links between the club and the university. Why not let the business school run the election so it can be seen as a truly independent and democratically run event.

Can I just get this straight please Dingle, are you saying that the club President will be running the elections to the GAS Board?

I do hope this isn't another of those planted stories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Has this been confirmed? If Chris is overseeing the GAS Board elections, this is becoming more like a third world country than a football club every day.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Has this been confirmed? If Chris is overseeing the GAS Board elections, this is becoming more like a third world country than a football club every day.

Oh look ! my man wins ! .................... by a landslide ! lol!

Get the flag out !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Brent definitely said at the Guildhall meeting that the Trust would be overseeing the election.

What can possibly have changed to make Brent backtrack on that? For him to place the conduct of the election in the hands of one person - whoever that person may be - then the election is both flawed and open to abuse. Whatever my reservations about him, I can't believe Chris would want that. Even his most ardent disciples would see the potential problems. And anyway, outside of banana republics and dictatorships, whose elections are overseen by one person?

Surely Brent can't be this naive?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Brent definitely said at the Guildhall meeting that the Trust would be overseeing the election.

What can possibly have changed to make Brent backtrack on that? For him to place the conduct of the election in the hands of one person - whoever that person may be - then the election is both flawed and open to abuse. Whatever my reservations about him, I can't believe Chris would want that. Even his most ardent disciples would see the potential problems. And anyway, outside of banana republics and dictatorships, whose elections are overseen by one person?

Surely Brent can't be this naive?

Maybe somebody from the Trust board would like to contact El Prez and Mr. Brent and ask for clarification.
It is a rather important issue.

PS. On a personal level, I have had enough. Anybody got James Brent's contact info?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:46 pm

GibGreen wrote:

Can I just get this straight please Dingle, are you saying that the club President will be running the elections to the GAS Board?

I do hope this isn't another of those planted stories.

Actually Gibber, you are dead right, this could well be another planted story. It would be good to get confirmation of this.

'Dingle' .... could you please post again, as you are still online to confirm your statement, and also send a confirming email to us at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... something about your email address is not quite right. Thanks . Best to check eh ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Dingle wrote:

EDITED BY ATD ADMIN:.........
MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY A RUMOUR AS YET FROM A MEMBER OF 3 DAYS. WE WILL SOON FIND OUT IF IT IS YET ANOTHER PLANTED STORY FROM THOSE THAT SHOULD BE BEHAVING BETTER. IF NOT, MY APOLGIES TO 'DINGLE'. WE SHALL SOON FIND OUT. ATD ADMIN

I've just had a PM from Chris Webb on pasoti. He's happy for me to relay that the above story is (my words now) a crock of shit. Chris wants no part of the GAS Board elections.

Hope this puts this one to bed.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dingle wrote:

MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY A RUMOUR AS YET FROM A MEMBER OF 3 DAYS. WE WILL SOON FIND OUT IF IT IS YET ANOTHER PLANTED STORY FROM THOSE THAT SHOULD BE BEHAVING BETTER. IF NOT, MY APOLGIES TO 'DINGLE'. WE SHALL SOON FIND OUT. ATD ADMIN

I've just had a PM from Chris Webb on pasoti. He's happy for me to relay that the above story is (my words now) a crock of shit. Chris wants no part of the GAS Board elections.

Hope this puts this one to bed.

I hope so too. Unfortunately he tweeted his ire at the rumour/plant giving IJn another opportunity to roll out his own freak tweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Don't worry about it Dougie ... we're not. Just the latest attempt by the usual suspects to try and blacken the name of this website. In my personal opinion, they're out to try and close us down.
We were onto it in half an hour, well quicker than Pasoti and their methods. The useraccount Dingle has been suspended, the false email account has not replied, and the IP noted for future investigation. There's new software that can see through some of the proxies etc. Slowly we re getting a good record of the games to dicredit this site, and we will expose them when we feel we have enough evidence... we know who they are, it's just a matter of proving it. We're getting there.
And Andy, thanks for that, much appreciated, good to know someone we trust took the time to help us out.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm

I withdraw my comments, Dingle you are the disappointing one (or whoever put you up to it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:36 pm

And some have the temerity to label this site as a freak show.

Maybe they should look closer to home.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I withdraw my comments, Dingle you are the disappointing one (or whoever put you up to it).

Dingle Dangle ................. keyboard numpty ! lol!

Jeeez there are some retarded Avivas out there ! What makes them tick ffs ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Dingle - Spooner - we'll soon have The House of Fraser on here.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
One more thought on the whole GAS Board thing.

There seems to be a narrow view both on here and on PASOTI that the election will be played out online, with only known online names and faces in the running. If, as has been mooted, the vote will be amongst people who turn up to a specific match, then thats a constituency of around 6,000 people. The combined total of regular posters on both sites can only be 3-400 at a guess. Any candidate who thinks that either website is going to be a major influence is deluding themselves. Potential Fans reps need to reach out to the ordinary 5500 who just turn up to watch football. Us internet obsessives aren't as important as we'd like to believe.

Spot on Andy. I'm very interested in how individuals are going to claim to represent certain groups of fans. Someone standing as an average Argyle fan who thinks that he or she has a fair idea of what other fans are saying and thinking from their conversations with their mates down the pub,I can see. Someone claiming to represent a large group of people without consulting that group of people,I can't see. The views of a couple dozen people on an internet forum cannot be taken as truely representative of a much bigger group.

The Trust by pooling all the views collected together by it's leaders and people working with them,is much more likely to be closer to an overall view of the fanbase. We also have 2 sets of surveying tools we can use to ask for opinions. From my own conversations with fans in the Far Post club and sometimes the Fansfest,I'm positive that a very large number of fans don't look at internet forums anything like as much as some people would like to think. Pasoti appears to get used frequently by fans to check whether there's any news on transfers. Other than that most don't or rarely look at it. This site being newer even less. Some don't even know of ATD's existance. It is growing though. Most fans I talk to don't go anywhere near Facebook and Twatter just as well be in outer space. The thing I've found is most of these fans have computers but haven't got the time or the inclination to spend hours on forums. Some check their emails once a week. Obviously the internet is a growing and very powerful means of communication but ignoring the rest of the fans is very shortsighted. I think the Trust recognises this fact and will do what it can to speak to as many of these fans as possible. It's not easy,we will use all means at our disposal.

Whereas the Trust was reactive to whatever the latest thing was at the club and some of the nuts and blots of running the organisation were skimmed over (mainly because of the speed things were moving at) it will now become more proactive. I want to involve as many people as possible. Just this afternoon I've delivered a batch of share certificates to a couple who don't look at forums but overheard me say something about it,in the Far Post and volunteered to help. After a chat this afternoon she's now going to take a batch off me for another area. A lot of our communication will be like this,word of mouth and getting people involved.

Remember this isn't our Trust. It's yours! We're just looking after it for you.

If anybody ever wants a chat about Trust issues or you have ideas.Or want to help. Apart from at the gazebo,you can usually find myself and John Demellweek in the Far Post before games (occasionally we're in the fansfest) and always in the Far Post after games for 45 minutes or so. Just ask someone and you'll be pointed in our direction,especially if your buying beer.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Such cunning! Such wit! Were you in the secret service during the Cold War, Dingle? Bravo, Dingle, bravo!

Jerk.

Good post, Richard. Very much agree with what you are saying. Especially "Remember this isn't our Trust. It's yours! We're just looking after it for you."
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Dingle wrote:

From Twitter......

Chris_Webb1 Now I'm apparently being accused of running the GASB elections. Nobody told me about that! It really is never ending. #givemeabreak
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm very interested in how individuals are going to claim to represent certain groups of fans. Someone standing as an average Argyle fan who thinks that he or she has a fair idea of what other fans are saying and thinking from their conversations with their mates down the pub,I can see. Someone claiming to represent a large group of people without consulting that group of people,I can't see. The views of a couple dozen people on an internet forum cannot be taken as truely representative of a much bigger group.

Richard am I right in thinking your comment above is aimed at Tony on the farm? Must admit I did nail colours to tonys flag but now not so sure. Still think the trust is the best option for representing the majority. Where as tc or other independents might only represent there mates/minority
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

knecht wrote:
Dingle - Spooner - we'll soon have The House of Fraser on here.
Don't worry Knecht, that crossed our mind a day or two ago, and was one of the reasons certain tabs were being kept. Can't wait for Popham to turn up jocolor
Both are suspended, not banned. 'They' are more than welcome to come back on here and debate their actions and the actual subject matter. But only when they have supplied us with a proper email address, just like the rest of us fans abide by.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Now I wonder, what sort of person would try to stir trouble like we've been getting recently, and all the while appeal to the Aviva faithful for support because he's such a good guy ? Looks like Exeweb has been nobbled and ATD is in the firing line. What a hypocritical tw@t pig
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
From Twitter......

Chris_Webb1 Now I'm apparently being accused of running the GASB elections. Nobody told me about that! It really is never ending. #givemeabreak

If Chris Webb actually performed the duties of President and frequented this site, we could have asked him directly!

He has nobody to blame but himself for half the situations he finds himself!

He's turned into a whining crybaby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Well done to the Mods for nipping this in the bud as quickly as they have done. Perhaps we should pass the ip addresses to Webby and Nool in case they want to sue for 'libel'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 pm

It's a fair summary of the current focus on this site that we send a player back to his parent club and keep another player until the end of the season (a season in which could decide our league fate) and that thread gets 96 views. A thread on Chris Webb gets over 1600 views.

Where is there a genuine football debate which doesn't involve James Brent as an asset stripper, Chris Webb and IJN as dictators and for some delight in all things pessimistic? Some even predicted we were certain to defeat at home to Crawley 5 minutes after we beat Burton.....doesn't matter though because they've cut and pasted Port Vale where once stood Crawley....oh I almost forgot Aidy Boothroyd is a saviour Sleep

I'm all for open debate and is why I registered with this site, I just don't see it for the smog of personal bitching.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next