Dougie
Grovehill
seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Why?

Little Empire builders want to maintain the influence that their little empires have. Threats to the dominance of their little empires must be crushed.

Or were you asking rhetorically? jocolor

Both lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Why?

Little Empire builders want to maintain the influence that their little empires have. Threats to the dominance of their little empires must be crushed.

True enough, although - as I've posted elsewhere, no doubt - it's difficult to see exactly what this particular empire's supposed to achieve. Especially when the emperors place such importance on liking and being liked by other people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 pm

It's always dangerous when someone that is a self confessed antagonist above normal values, gains any amount of power, no matter how insignificant.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Pasoti (and Exeweb now) never used to be like that.

I suppose that had it not changed, we'd not have the excellent ATD that we have now.
They (Pasoti) have done us a favour in some respects.

I think what is happening of late, is that there is poignant criticism abound - not from loudmouth, renegade shoot-from-the-hip types, but from calm articulate posters such as Mr Symons and JonB. Alarm bells really ought to be ringing in the ears of the powers that be, over the road.

It is sad, but what was once a bastion of independence and critical debate, has now turned into nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Club.

I'd be amazed if Dave Gadd was happy with the current Status Quo, and what his baby has become.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think what is happening of late, is that there is poignant criticism abound - not from loudmouth, renegade shoot-from-the-hip types, but from calm articulate posters such as Mr Symons and JonB. Alarm bells really ought to be ringing in the ears of the powers that be, over the road.

Some of the 'privately-messaged-so-we-can-be-as-abusive-as-we-want-without-being-seen' messages I've had lately seems to indicate that there certainly are alarm bells ringing. Some of the milder stuff includes accusations that I'm 'playing to a crowd' . I've also been called 'a naughty schoolboy', 'sad', 'pathetic' and 'mentally ill'. as well as other insults, far more abusive and unpleasant; or as I like to call it - water off a duck's back.

On the up side, I had a lot of supportive messages when I posted my thoughts on Chris Webb's transformation from supporters voice to management lackey - some of which really surprised me. All I'd say is that CW shouldn't take his popularity for granted, if the messages I've had are sincere.

I hope this site does grow to a point where it challenges pasoti's dominance. I also hope it manages to retain its ethos of free debate within the law. The current culture on pasoti needs to be challenged.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Music to our ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Music to our ears.

Nah, just me playing to the crowd lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Music to our ears.

Nah, just me playing to the crowd lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Be careful with those PMs Andy. They are not as secure as you think. After my PMs were disabled I did some research online. I suggest everyone does the same.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
The current culture on pasoti needs to be challenged.

There are many posters who don't seem to post anymore or who are posting less and less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
The current culture on pasoti needs to be challenged.

There are many posters who don't seem to post anymore or who are posting less and less.

Very true.

Maybe those of us who aren't banned should make the decision to post more/again? Wouldn't do any harm for the majority to be reminded that there are alternative points of view.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:11 pm

It's just not worth it Peggy, it's populated by the flag waving foot soldiers of the Forza Verde. Truly depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Be careful with those PMs Andy. They are not as secure as you think. After my PMs were disabled I did some research online. I suggest everyone does the same.

Interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 pm

GOB wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Interesting stuff!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

?? By any chance lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
It's just not worth it Peggy, it's populated by the flag waving foot soldiers of the Forza Verde. Truly depressing.

Just like the Demport Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:27 pm

GOB wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Interesting stuff!

Depressing, more like.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't go to football much these days but have noticed in the PL the fans all seem to stand behind the goals. Is this usual and they get away with it cos there's so many of them ?
Bloody farce if true and it's only the stewards at lesser matches who dare to 'get involved'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
GOB wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Interesting stuff!

?? By any chance lol!

No I was looking at this one - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You gotta laugh, you really have! How things all fall into place FFS! lol!

So this can really be done then, pm's can be hacked?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm

GOB wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
GOB wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Interesting stuff!

?? By any chance lol!

No I was looking at this one - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You gotta laugh, you really have! How things all fall into place FFS! lol!

So this can really be done then, pm's can be hacked?

And it all starts to make more sense! lol!

Oh deary me, well we may aswell just publish all PM's recieved on pBay in the past on here then in a seperate thread for all to see seeing as they're not as private as they appear lol!

Go on Mr Symons lol! lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Interesting bit about password changing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:37 pm

I bet there's been a few interesting ones, no wonder paranoia is the No1 daddy on there lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Interesting bit about password changing.

We've known for sometimes how it can be done and we've posted several warnings regarding it, but I didn't realise there was actually a way of hacking them!

This'll open a few eyes! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. lol!

I won't do that, for several reasons.

Firstly, whatever mods (on any site) may choose to do, I treat PM's as exactly that - private.

Secondly, the bulk of the messages I got were via facebook and twitter's PM systems. I'm not going to put friends of mine in the firing line.

Also, once you do that, trust is gone between yourself and people who've taken time to message you. As I said, I've had some abusive, but plenty of supportive messages and I wouldn't want to be thought of as someone who breaches the trust implicit in the PM system on any site. Let others sink to that level.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:42 pm

What about the football ?

Mods ! mods ! Thread hijack ! Tringy's a troll !

Leave us hard working mods alone, we're too busy reading PM's, we'll ban him later lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. lol!

I won't do that, for several reasons.

Firstly, whatever mods (on any site) may choose to do, I treat PM's as exactly that - private.

Secondly, the bulk of the messages I got were via facebook and twitter's PM systems. I'm not going to put friends of mine in the firing line.

Also, once you do that, trust is gone between yourself and people who've taken time to message you. As I said, I've had some abusive, but plenty of supportive messages and I wouldn't want to be thought of as someone who breaches the trust implicit in the PM system on any site. Let others sink to that level.

Spoilsport Razz lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next