+2
Nick
Mr President
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Presidents Progress Empty
PostSubject: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi Ladies / Gents

Just finished another one.

The Club have given me a page on the OS for them.

Obviously all the staff are on the well earned Civic Reception so it will be posted tomorrow and I will get it linked to ATD.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:40 am

Yer tis

Nothing revelatory here I don't think. However, I'm not sure the accompanying pic is Christmasy enough - Chris, want me to photoshop some snow on the tops of your ears?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Almost fell asleep reading it to be honest lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Dear oh dear, certainly not a good ears day all round.
The cut off chimpanzee at the bottom hasn't got any eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Dear oh dear, certainly not a good ears day all round.
The cut off chimpanzee at the bottom hasn't got any eyes.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Is the club still shopping at Matalan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Almost fell asleep reading it to be honest lol

Actually Pafc, that's pertinent.
While I would want a fan OWNED club, I'm not really sold on the idea of fans heading up the tribal speak of private owners.... 'going forward' indeed. Pleeeeeeeeeeease. Bring back Ryles on the Road.
That's what happens ..... the culture is the culture, and the new boys will now have woollen scarves double tied over dark coats, in the Tudor Evans Ceaucescu tradition.
Most fans, but not all, in that position will just trott out bland every day stuff that reflects the reality. Now we have peace in our time and the trenches are just a memory, it's a tough choice betwen listening to Chris or a Fletcher interview. jocolor
They should have made Gob President.... and that's not a typo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm

greengenes wrote:
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't .

I agree. Though the obvious response is "Praised if he does, praised if he doesn't."
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't think its a bad piece- not a lot of 'fresh' news (probably due to Ridsdale leaving and giving interviews to the media), but at least its a form of communication to the fans. I'd rather this than the likes of that scumbag Campbell giving titbits to his chums who'd then lord it on pasoti rumours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Some of you on here confuse the hell out of me . The guy is reaching out to you and he addresses you nice and politely .

What does he get ?

Little digs and jibes and petty criticism .

Its silly folks .

What WOULD make you happy ? eh ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 pm

don't take life too seriously, you age quicker and anyway, I think Chris is getting to like a nit of banter with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

GOB wrote:
don't take life too seriously, you age quicker and anyway, I think Chris is getting to like a nit of banter with us.

You won't find anyone with a bigger sense of humour than me . Laughter is the best medicine and all that ....

Its the incredible lack of Football based stuff on here that surprise me .
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

greengenes wrote:

Quite frankly, so what?

Is there a rule somewhere that the 'center' of conversation has to be about 'football', whatever you define that as being?

Why can't a website 'focus' on different aspects of "football", as opposed to the more normal faire of 'Shirt Auctions' that you find on all the best ones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Quite frankly, so what?

Is there a rule somewhere that the 'center' of conversation has to be about 'football', whatever you define that as being?

Why can't a website 'focus' on different aspects of "football", as opposed to the more normal faire of 'Shirt Auctions' that you find on all the best ones?

Are you serious - A football fans site that doesn't do football ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Could be worse, could be Ebay lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm

So it's obviously taboo to even call them 'Ultras' now, is it?

I hate to bring him up, but why is Ian Newell organising this? He hardly craved involvement last season when some common or garden fans first mooted this. The young'uns are hardly going to respond to a cheerleader who's what? Nearly 60? Rolling Eyes

I also don't understand why Chris is so super-keen to get this going, but them obsolve himself from the difficult bit - keeping it going? It's like Groundhog day, what with his Trust resignation.

'Singing group', FFS... Laughing

All together now, "Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbayaaaaaaaa"

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 pm

greengenes wrote:
Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Quite frankly, so what?

Are you serious - A football fans site that doesn't do football ?

If you don't understand what I meant from what I wrote, then I give up.

I'm not a teacher and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 pm

GOB wrote:

I agree - its absolutely disgusting ! My God ! Fancy people raising money for the benefit of OUR Club . Sick to the stomach me .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
If you don't understand what I meant from what I wrote, then I give up.

I'm not a teacher and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Thats a shame . Oh well .
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

You won't find anyone with a bigger sense of humour than me . Laughter is the best medicine and all that ....

Really?

47 posts in, and I'd say sense of humour 'bypass' would be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

I agree - its absolutely disgusting ! My God ! Fancy people raising money for the benefit of OUR Club . Sick to the stomach me .

you seem quite volatile lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Infamy Infamy ...... you know the rest . LOL
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 pm

In all fairness...

If you didn't read the stuff on the forums and just read the official site or looked at the topic in the club emails, then Chris's 'missive' had some good nuggets in it.

But what else is entailed in the El President 'role'? Has that been defined yet?

And is Chris speaking on this thread as "El President" or 'El Fan'?

I need the official avatar...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Rickler wrote:

And is Chris speaking on this thread as "El President" or 'El Fan'?

Will he ever come on as "El Tel(l) all" ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next