Dougie
Grovehill
seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Phew! What have you been eating?

I don't spend too much time giving Pasoti, Newell or Webb much grief to be honest. I'd rather discuss football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Each to their own. What I don't get is the clash of styles on here between we should take a moral high ground about the "tactics" of Ian and Chris and that everyone will see them for what they are and feel enlightened to explore ATD etc coupled with the opening line of "usual patronising shit from baked bean head"

EL, there's a clash of styles here for one simple reason. The webste consists of individual posters with their differing views on Argyle.
We don't have a style, we exist to enable fans of Argyle to express their varied legal opinons..... full stop.

Across the road offers the more totalitarian option.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Knecht, there's a fair few of us that have joined this site that have made the same points to the old school chaps, but we haven't suffered as they have so I'm happy to let them vent their spleen. I still don't think it's to the benefit of this site but, as you say, the basic principle of questioning lies behind it all.

Speaking personally, apart from a few digs because I post on here, I've not a problem with Ian Newell. I do have a problem with the Pres, whose face must surely appear on a flag soon, and I will question his behaviour and motives on here. I can't see me posting much more on Pasoti due to the inane pack mentality and the absolute ignoring of the really important issues.

I sincerely hope you stay and contribute on here.

PS Cerbs Where's that pic from Sat of us band of brothers (and sister).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Phew! What have you been eating?

I don't spend too much time giving Pasoti, Newell or Webb much grief to be honest. I'd rather discuss football.

Sorry, the "you" was a general "you" not you Very Happy .

And I've just read Charlie's post re the balance between Mr Newell v Mr Webb. My view is the contrary of yours. Ain't the world a wonderful place and such differeing views are all part of life's rich tapestry. I love you

edited to add: Sorry, I've just re-read what I posted and it's not what I intended. I meant to say that I have more issue with Mr Newell than the President. NOT that I have no issue with him.

Last edited by knecht on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 pm

We 'could' ignore them and 'talk football' but that's been crap since Ollie left and those who delighted in silencing some of us and supported Stapes to the bitter end , are now acting as the fans' Gurus and are still 'it's our way or the highway bully boys'.

It's why ATD was created and exists.

If we don't question, nobody will. The GAS board will be controlled too. It's what these people do best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

I bribed him not to post it Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Peggy wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

I bribed him not to post it Embarassed

Err. check out Block 17.............. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Not enough, obviously Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:24 pm

My problem with the Pres is that I feel he sold out. What he started was praiseworthy. Questioning what was going on and not letting it go, like a dog with a bone. All of a sudden now nobody can doubt Brent. Nobody needs to know financial figures. Nobody needs do anything other than take everything being fed to them as gospel. Why the sudden change of tack?

And I defy anyone to tell me that in his day job that Chris Webb would stand for that. People being told what was happening not consulted. People being inconvenienced, even if it is just by a bloody flag, people not being allowed to ask questons. No post would be delivered in the whole of the UK if Royal Mail tried imposing changes without the minimum of 2 years prior consultation of a change in working hours, or uniform or even what brand of coffee was sold in the vending machines.

Every Argyle fan has the right to ask questions like how much has Brent laid out so far? Every Argyle fan has the right to say hang on, as a paying customer what if I don't want a great big flag passing over me even for a few moments every home game. Every Argyle fan has the right to ask why racist chanting seems to be the norm in the Argyle end these days and what is being done about it?

But ask these questions of El Presidente right now and you're a weirdo or a coward, or you don't get a reply, and if you ask it on the Brent PR site that Pasoti has become, you risk being banned or having the ultimate insult of your post going to Junior Pasoti.

Funny how this wasn't his stance a year ago. Wonder what changed his mind?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm

That's a good post Jock. they're not telling us a thing. It's all been seen so may times before.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Just shut up, stop bleddy questioning we superfans. You don't need to know anything. Be good boys and girls and enjoy the flags, I mean ride !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Just shut up, stop bleddy questioning we superfans. You don't need to know anything. Be good boys and girls and enjoy the flags, I mean ride !

And don't forget the t shirts they are going to go down a bundle -- I can't wait Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

And don't forget the t shirts they are going to go down a bundle -- I can't wait Sleep

Just waite for the ATD T shirts to come out! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I don't like that people are put off this site by anyone else. 'If you dont like it go and post on PASOTI' isn't a phrase I like reading. If people can't hack the debate, fair enough. If people are actively told to delete their account and go elsewhere...that's gay.

President's progress...not even worth reading. Bring back Ryles on the Road.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 am

[quote="penzancepirate"][quote="Enjoy Life"]Each to their own. What I don't get is the clash of styles on here between we should take a moral high ground about the "tactics" of Ian and Chris and that everyone will see them for what they are and feel enlightened to explore ATD etc coupled with the opening line of "usual patronising shit from baked bean head"

[/quote]
EL, there's a clash of styles here for one simple reason. The webste consists of individual posters with their differing views on Argyle.
We don't have a style, we exist to enable fans of Argyle to express their varied legal opinons..... full stop.

Across the road offers the more totalitarian option.[/quote]

But you do not help yourselves when a great deal of the threads turn into rants and name calling about Ian and Chris, ironically complaining about bullying.

In my opinion (and I believe we're entitled to them on this website Smile ) you will lose people who may be attracted to your more liberal approach to discussions because of this approach which others have admitted is personal. If it is personal keep it amongst yourselves. If it is about how the club is being run then say so without the insults.

p.s Why do my bloody quotes not work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:03 am

Greenjock wrote:
My problem with the Pres is that I feel he sold out. What he started was praiseworthy. Questioning what was going on and not letting it go, like a dog with a bone. All of a sudden now nobody can doubt Brent. Nobody needs to know financial figures. Nobody needs do anything other than take everything being fed to them as gospel. Why the sudden change of tack?

And I defy anyone to tell me that in his day job that Chris Webb would stand for that. People being told what was happening not consulted. People being inconvenienced, even if it is just by a bloody flag, people not being allowed to ask questons. No post would be delivered in the whole of the UK if Royal Mail tried imposing changes without the minimum of 2 years prior consultation of a change in working hours, or uniform or even what brand of coffee was sold in the vending machines.

Every Argyle fan has the right to ask questions like how much has Brent laid out so far? Every Argyle fan has the right to say hang on, as a paying customer what if I don't want a great big flag passing over me even for a few moments every home game. Every Argyle fan has the right to ask why racist chanting seems to be the norm in the Argyle end these days and what is being done about it?

But ask these questions of El Presidente right now and you're a weirdo or a coward, or you don't get a reply, and if you ask it on the Brent PR site that Pasoti has become, you risk being banned or having the ultimate insult of your post going to Junior Pasoti.

Spot on. Top post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 am

I wonder If the 'comedy' t-shirts will have images of previous directors, in yet another piss poor attempt to direct the flak away from the current status quo on them?

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 am

There's pictures on here.

Personally, I'm a bit uncomfortable about these. Not sure they're a good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Spot on. Top post.

Agreed. Far more eloquent then I could ever manage.

I know you are reading this Chris. If you wonder why more and more people are giving you a hard time its because people share the same views as Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am

Peggy wrote:

As I thought, another piss poor attempt to direct flack away from the current owner. Why bother targeting people who no longer have any input in the club, these might have been fun 12 months ago but totally pointless now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 am

Personally, I'm a bit uncomfortable about these. Not sure they're a good idea.[/quote]

As I thought, another piss poor attempt to direct flack away from the current owner. Why bother targeting people who no longer have any input in the club, these might have been fun 12 months ago but totally pointless now.

[/quote]

Because they raise money for the next flag ffs, get with the program Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 am

And they paint us as the villains and anti Christ!

I agree, this is very bad taste indeed and that's coming from someone that despises these characters that brought the club to its knees!

As others have said, it's just another diversion away from the issues that are important and confirmation as to why one or two so badly want this site closed and are consistently attacking it and keeping the Moderators busy, questions undermine the agenda of these guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

Bogsider wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Moist raises an interesting point regarding the legalities of them. Only time will tell if Stapes and Co take action.

I would never defend the M7 or Heaney. They deserve everything they get. However, imagine if we created a T shirt of Webb next to a prawn sandwich. Or Brent taking the adulation of the crown in the Devonport whilst a creditor is looking at how little 0.77p in the pound is. They would go mental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am

How about a photo of a blue square?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

Just like a change of government it's always the easy option to blame all the woes on the last lot. There's only so long that can go on but it's convenient to milk it for as long as possible.

I'm sure Andy is still banging on about Maggie, given the chance Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next