Dougie
Grovehill
seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

But a principled spoilsport, something which is all too thin on the ground.

Gold star to Andy sunny
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 pm

[quote="Charlie Wood"]It's just not worth it Peggy, it's populated by the flag waving foot soldiers of the Forza Verde. Truly depressing.[/quo

I could not agree more, they even moved in to my senior greens, which have stop me going,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Peggy wrote:
But a principled spoilsport, something which is all too thin on the ground.

Gold star to Andy sunny

Very very true.

All in jest though, would never expect anybody to reveal the contents of a PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 am

So Dingle's account of the meeting was true? How has this been verified Nick?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:32 am

Greenjock wrote:
So Dingle's account of the meeting was true? How has this been verified Nick?

Look in the Admin section..............
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:33 am

Bogsider wrote:
Dingle wrote:
I've just returned home from the Senior Greens meeting where James Brent was, as per usual, an engaging and entertaining speaker. The membership of this club, which used to be a haven for having an afternoon off from 'jobs around the house' or shopping, a place to have a chat and a cup of tea, has recently had its ranks swollen by a couple of younger members - El Prez and sidekick, Is nowhere safe from this pair.

I was also disturbed to hear from JB's mouth that El Prez will be making the arrangements for and overseeing the GASBoard election - as it had to be seen as a separate entity from the club itself. But how is the President of the club (even though he has graciously turned down the parking space he was entitled to) not representing the club. Especially as he is taking every opportunity to criticise the Trust and even loudly endorsing one of the possible candidates.

James Brent is keen to strengthen the links between the club and the university. Why not let the business school run the election so it can be seen as a truly independent and democratically run event.

That is absolutely scandalous.

So where as we once had hoped that the Trust represent the broad sweep of the support via a democratic process instilled through a written constitution, they have now been superceded by a Supervisory board, the elections being run by someone who has an official role within the club. This has gone way too far, I am sick of seeing that mans, ovular head all over the place! Twisted Evil

Ovular head lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 am

You'll see on this thread that I was PM'd by The Supreme Leader and he assured me he wanted nothing to do with the Board elections. Since then, he's held private meetings with David Wheeler to discuss the elections, he's been the person making all the decisions about how the elections are to proceed and be organised, even down to saying how many people (15) can attend meetings to finalise the structure of these elections.

So, The Supreme Leader fed me a line and I swallowed it. Apologies, Dingle.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:38 am

Tringreen wrote:
Bogsider wrote:

That is absolutely scandalous.

So where as we once had hoped that the Trust represent the broad sweep of the support via a democratic process instilled through a written constitution, they have now been superceded by a Supervisory board, the elections being run by someone who has an official role within the club. This has gone way too far, I am sick of seeing that mans, ovular head all over the place! Twisted Evil

Ovular head lol!

Don't tune into sparksy this afternoon - he's there too
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:39 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Dingle wrote:
James Brent is keen to strengthen the links between the club and the university. Why not let the business school run the election so it can be seen as a truly independent and democratically run event.

What an excellent suggestion Dingle.
Unfortunately, as Andy Symons, Peggy and others have aluded to, the idea of fans representation is being dominated by a strange set up to begin with with when you have a Trust already up .... and a guy who like the big hat and listens to no one. it's quite distateful, but nothing I haven't seen a hundred times before.

Brent's 'engagement' with the fans always seems to be with the Chuckle Brothers in attendance, no doubt scanning the audience for dissenting voices who they can put down with their witty repartee.

Now, if a few of us could speak with him without anyone else around....hmmmm....

The 'Chuckle Brothers' lol!

Brent either sees these goons as representative of the fanbase, or he is using them as 'tools' to boss the riff raff into paying his debts. Probably both.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:58 am

Tring, I read the admin notice, but I just wondered how we now Know that Dingle's statement is true? I can understand that his e-mail address has now been verified but as Andy has pointed out, Chris was quick to dismiss the claims as a crock of shit. If Chris is overseeing the elections, I hope the Trust make a stance and don't bother standing and explain why.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Dingle wrote:
I've just returned home from the Senior Greens meeting where James Brent was, as per usual, an engaging and entertaining speaker. The membership of this club, which used to be a haven for having an afternoon off from 'jobs around the house' or shopping, a place to have a chat and a cup of tea, has recently had its ranks swollen by a couple of younger members - El Prez and sidekick, Is nowhere safe from this pair.

I was also disturbed to hear from JB's mouth that El Prez will be making the arrangements for and overseeing the GASBoard election - as it had to be seen as a separate entity from the club itself. But how is the President of the club (even though he has graciously turned down the parking space he was entitled to) not representing the club. Especially as he is taking every opportunity to criticise the Trust and even loudly endorsing one of the possible candidates.

Any news on this, or are the Chuckle Brothers still fighting for control on every front ?

Even bleddy Napoleon himself, couldn't manage that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8