Dougie
Grovehill
seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 am

[quote="Greenjock"][quote="The Red Star"][quote="Enjoy Life"]
What official capacity does Ian Newell have?

.[/quote]

Newell is a tw@t, that is official

[/quote]

I think it's actually Witchfinder General, oh no sorry, that witch who needs a good seeing to banter with Dane Bunney was all about his niece Sleep

James Brent=King Chris Webb=Minister for Information Ian Newell=Armed Forces Commander Dane Bunney,Dingle,The Spooner=Foot soldiers/tossers/Newells Numptys

What's your role Enjoy Life? [/quote]

I don't have a role GJ. Why should anyone have a role? Why can't I simply be a fan of Plymouth Argyle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 am

Enjoy Life wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

What official capacity does Ian Newell have?

Newell is a tw@t, that is official

I think it's actually Witchfinder General, oh no sorry, that witch who needs a good seeing to banter with Dane Bunney was all about his niece Sleep

James Brent=King Chris Webb=Minister for Information Ian Newell=Armed Forces Commander Dane Bunney,Dingle,The Spooner=Foot soldiers/tossers/Newells Numptys

What's your role Enjoy Life?

I don't have a role GJ. Why should anyone have a role? Why can't I simply be a fan of Plymouth Argyle?

I don't know EL, but if they don't have a role, then are a few individuals with no reason at all who just seem to want to stir up trouble and disrupt this site. Just seems fishy to me. I really like your concern for this site and the direction it's headed, and isn't it liberating to be able to enquire?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 am

FToG might not have an official role, but he's cropped up in the director's box too many times already this season.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:40 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
FToG might not have an official role, but he's cropped up in the director's box too many times already this season.

Ee's ebullient ! It's his natural habitat. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 am

Enjoy Life wrote:
I was only questoning why a football website is so focused on two individuals.

I understand your point EL, but I don't think it's a valid one.

The two individuals are in relationship with the club at the moment and that makes them game for debate on what is chiefly an Argyle football forum. Add to the pot a combination of old and a few recent issues it would be unfair to expect the individuals to be ignored. ATD encourages both football comment as well as comments regarding club politics.

If comments regarding the two individuals should not be popular then so be it, nobody is forced to read a comment and it would be wrong to sacrifice basic freedoms simply for a synthetically produced high digit at the bottom of the Home page and, if the moderators were to encourage such an agenda they wold rightly be accused of placing their own personal interest before that of the majority. A forum that has no agenda should not fear a fluctuating user number. An opinion, no matter who's or what it is and within the realms of law and within the boundaries of common decency and the "football talk" culture, will always be more significant then digits to any self respecting forum, users and Moderators.

Incidentally, the user numbers of ATD continue to rise and the opinions regarding the two characters seem to be pretty much aligned with the vast majority seemingly happy with the general site content. The most viewed topics are the topics discussing the two individuals. If the majority required change then the topics and opinions would simply be watered down by users such as yourself, over a period of time. It's about evolution and opinion, it's not about an enforced dictatorship used for personal ambitions.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 am

Indeed club politics should be commented on, anything I have said (& try to say in future) regarding persons invloved is meant to be constructive but will go unheard until I 'PROVE' what I did to save the club (see other threads) it appears.

Some of the vitriol towards the two persons refered to elsewhere is regrettable as we are ALL pafc fans at end of the day. I personally have NO issue with them as such but I will criticise if I wish to. I have met neither person I hasten to add.

My theory is the Club is in danger of being influenced by persons with no real mandate & that HAS to be a concern. I look forward to it being addressed in the near future. Thats just MY opinion.
PASOTI is getting more & more like the offical site, fans need to voice concerns (whether right or wrong) and not get a load of grief for doing so.

The club is on a knife edge, fans are right to be nervous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Some of the vitriol towards the two persons refered to elsewhere is regrettable

It is indeed, Greg. However, when it's dished out our way some of us (including me) find it very difficult not to respond.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 am

Peggy wrote:

It is indeed, Greg. However, when it's dished out our way some of us (including me) find it very difficult not to respond.

Just think.............. if they had not been such small minded tossers and banned my visionary self, we wouldn't have had Big Gay Bears, Animal Farm, Napoleon, Avivas etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Just think.............. if they had not been such small minded tossers and banned my visionary self, we wouldn't have had Big Gay Bears, Animal Farm, Napoleon, Avivas etc.

Sod you, the tossers actually banned ME, yes ME FFS!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:45 am

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Sod you, the tossers actually banned ME, yes ME FFS!

lol! lol! But I get all the stick. Apparently I've ruined his life on FF and Exeweb . I think I'm now an even bigger loon than Nigel lol!

What he still can't seem to grasp is that if the boot were on the other foot, he would have reacted in exactly the same way. I have offered peace and been refused, so who is responsible for the continuation of the war of words ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 am

Odd that Tring, same here. I haven't said anything about either of them for about a month now, yet I'm still favourite topic of vitriol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 am

and me, I've been really good, it was a massive effort I can tell ya yet still I'm evil! lol!

Bollox to em! lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 am

i am grateful for a site where opinion is valued however different it is....................

peggy-thats fair comment but i can only speak for my own experiences, i do understand a lot has gone on which i find very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am

Well nobody else has been called a witch Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:09 am

Peggy wrote:

You could double up as Heather Mills, she's got one wooden leg as well.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am

Peggy wrote:

As I said, Witchfinders !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 am

i am grateful for a site where opinion is valued however different it is....................

peggy-thats fair comment but i can only speak for my own experiences, i do understand a lot has gone on which i find very sad.

I think you only have to look at what's gone on this week to see why some on here give Ian and Chris such a hard time. Someone posts a complete falsehood about Chris running the GAS election. Chris and Ian start their usual 'look at what they're saying about me/us now on ATD' routine, completely overlooking the fact that the rumour a) wasn't started by a regular (any guesses who it might have been?), and b) was quickly shown to be rubbish by posters on here.

Net result - Ian and Chris get to give the impression that ATD are giving them a hard time; no retraction or apology from either of them after the Mods on here take action to prove that the post was a falsehood; no acknowledgement that much of the crap on here comes from, well, lets call them 'un-named trolls'.

If I'd been on the receiving end of that sort of thing (and I appear to be getting a certain amount of stick from some just because I post on here now) then I'd be a bit testy, to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

I think you only have to look at what's gone on this week to see why some on here give Ian and Chris such a hard time. Someone posts a complete falsehood about Chris running the GAS election. Chris and Ian start their usual 'look at what they're saying about me/us now on ATD' routine, completely overlooking the fact that the rumour a) wasn't started by a regular (any guesses who it might have been?), and b) was quickly shown to be rubbish by posters on here.

Net result - Ian and Chris get to give the impression that ATD are giving them a hard time; no retraction or apology from either of them after the Mods on here take action to prove that the post was a falsehood; no acknowledgement that much of the crap on here comes from, well, lets call them 'un-named trolls'.

If I'd been on the receiving end of that sort of thing (and I appear to be getting a certain amount of stick from some just because I post on here now) then I'd be a bit testy, to say the least.

Cerbera likes this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

If the dynamnic duo do actually mischief make in order to try to damage the name of ATD and we have no concrete evidence that they do, that would indeed reflect really badly on them.

Don't know about anyone else but I couldn't do such a thing. Piss taking is one thing but deliberate fabrication and scheming is something else.

I sincerely hope that this isn't the case.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:31 am

I'm not saying that either of them are directly involved in that sort of thing; for a start it just isn't Chris's style. They do however have enough disciples, followers, call them what you will, that I could easily see it happening without the two main protagonists necessarily getting their hands dirty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

There's a lot more happening then just that. The site (ATD) has been under constant attack by way of creating false email and contact information and attempts to create false accounts etc. it's a long list that's getting longer! Luckily the Mods are playing it well or this site would be closed by now just as the old site was closed.

The simple question that I think nearly everyone is asking is, if there's nothing to hide and there's no agenda, why is there such a huge effort and desire to create such mayhem, division and antagonism, what are they so scared of that they are willing to put so much time and effort into silencing?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:40 am

GOB wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

There's a lot more happening then just that. The site (ATD) has been under constant attack by way of creating false email and contact information and attempts to create false accounts etc. it's a long list that's getting longer! Luckily the Mods are playing it well or this site would be closed by now just as the old site was closed.

The simple question that I think nearly everyone is asking is, if there's nothing to hide and there's no agenda, why is there such a huge effort and desire to create such mayhem, division and antagonism, what are they so scared of that they are willing to put so much time and effort into silencing?

I don't doubt that for a minute, Gob.

I'm just commenting on what I've seen so far in the relatively short time I've been reading and posting on here. Anyone with even half a brain can see that some posters are registering on here just to try and stir up trouble.

I'd add to this that, since I've been posting on here I've copped dogs abuse from some, mainly via PM on pasoti, but also on Twitter and facebook, simply because I've expressed my dissatisfaction with pasoti's current control-freakery and Stalinism, as well as poor moderation. At least on here if someone disagrees with me they have the courtesy to say why. I've never had as many posts removed, edited and deleted on pasoti as I have in the last month. Strange, that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 am

Pasoti (and Exeweb now) never used to be like that.

I suppose that had it not changed, we'd not have the excellent ATD that we have now.

They (Pasoti) have done us a favour in some respects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:47 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
GOB wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I don't doubt that for a minute, Gob.

I'm just commenting on what I've seen so far in the relatively short time I've been reading and posting on here. Anyone with even half a brain can see that some posters are registering on here just to try and stir up trouble.

I'd add to this that, since I've been posting on here I've copped dogs abuse from some, mainly via PM on pasoti, but also on Twitter and facebook, simply because I've expressed my dissatisfaction with pasoti's current control-freakery and Stalinism, as well as poor moderation. At least on here if someone disagrees with me they have the courtesy to say why. I've never had as many posts removed, edited and deleted on pasoti as I have in the last month. Strange, that.

I think the whole world is aware of it Andy and I haven't even mentioned the text messages and phone calls and threats yet!

I would simply ask everyone to ask themselves, why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am

Why?

Little Empire builders want to maintain the influence that their little empires have. Threats to the dominance of their little empires must be crushed.

Or were you asking rhetorically? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next