Dougie
Grovehill
seadog
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
It's a fair summary of the current focus on this site that we send a player back to his parent club and keep another player until the end of the season (a season in which could decide our league fate) and that thread gets 96 views. A thread on Chris Webb gets over 1600 views.

Where is there a genuine football debate which doesn't involve James Brent as an asset stripper, Chris Webb and IJN as dictators and for some delight in all things pessimistic? Some even predicted we were certain to defeat at home to Crawley 5 minutes after we beat Burton.....doesn't matter though because they've cut and pasted Port Vale where once stood Crawley....oh I almost forgot Aidy Boothroyd is a saviour Sleep

I'm all for open debate and is why I registered with this site, I just don't see it for the smog of personal bitching.

If certain folk didn't make themselves the club news, then I doubt if we would even hear them getting a mention.
Social interaction is not that hard to understand is it ?
In this particular case, we are talking of who has fluence over the so-called future fan input into the club. The process employed to effect that is of interest to a fanbase tired of lies, deceit and bankruptcy. Do you follow me ? it's just human beings reacting, it's not an illness, it's just life... enjoy it. spend less time on your statistics. The sun shone today, daffodils are shooting up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:05 pm

The problem is that someone has dropped out of the limelight and is struggling to come to terms with it, hence the determination to screw over other people's interest. At first I found it annoying, then I found it funny, now I'm genuinelly starting to feel sorry for the guy, there must be very, very little in his life. How sad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm

I was only questoning why a football website is so focused on two individuals.

Yes, I understand social interaction, if anything there is too little of it these days....true interaction. Why not coordinate to be part of the process? Why not stand?

Maybe I don't come from a standpoint that says until I know otherwise I think the worst of people.

For what its worth I hate coordinated atmospheres, I hate choirs, I hate music after goals. I'll place my age... I like terracing, self-made atmospheres and bovril (preferably not draught!). Forza whatever has no relevance to me. Do I think that its part of some campaign for Chris Webb to takeover the club...no.

I simply think that the language and insinuation on here doesn't help the process. In addition the language on here will put off people disaffected with PASOTI.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
It's a fair summary of the current focus on this site that we send a player back to his parent club and keep another player until the end of the season (a season in which could decide our league fate) and that thread gets 96 views. A thread on Chris Webb gets over 1600 views.

Where is there a genuine football debate which doesn't involve James Brent as an asset stripper, Chris Webb and IJN as dictators and for some delight in all things pessimistic? Some even predicted we were certain to defeat at home to Crawley 5 minutes after we beat Burton.....doesn't matter though because they've cut and pasted Port Vale where once stood Crawley....oh I almost forgot Aidy Boothroyd is a saviour Sleep

I'm all for open debate and is why I registered with this site, I just don't see it for the smog of personal bitching.

Really?

Well you've wasted every one of your 16 posts to date, by whining on every one of them, about the subject matter choice of ATD members, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Not really. I didn't realise that this was a large private room for conspiracy theorists. Willing to discuss our fight to avoid falling out the football league though and other matters of Pilgrims' progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm getting bored of his ubiquity, we comment on the news agenda here which is increaingly being set by 2 people and one website. Therefore we talk about it a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
I was only questoning why a football website is so focused on two individuals.

I don't think it is.
personally, i think this country is still fixated on Hitler and the last big war. Every night, night after night, there's replayed film of the same old battles. I would have thought that people would have had enough of it by now, but apparently not. So, the answer is not to watch it oneself, and as you so rightly put it, enjoy life.
If so many are perhaps disaffected with pasoti and perhaps don't like this offering, then maybe they should start up another forum if they want to talk about Chadders and his injury. I personally don't. I did the Chadders/injury thing the last time he was here, and there's nothing more to be said, he's injured... and probably will be again in the not too distant future. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:

For me it's because I'm not that bothered about Bignot, hasn't done a thing of note except get sent off, and ditto with Sutherland. If there was news of a new striker, bought and paid for, and not just another loan extension, then I reckon the thread would get more views. As it is we get news of loan extensions as if we should be doing cartwheels. We moan because of the shit served up to us by the owner and his lapdog the President.

Thats just me personally like though. Anyway Enjoy Life, what did you think of the Presidents Progress update? Full of useful info on Forza Verde 1886 and flags, just for a change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm

[quote="Greenjock"][quote="Enjoy Life"]It's a fair summary of the current focus on this site that we send a player back to his parent club and keep another player until the end of the season (a season in which could decide our league fate) and that thread gets 96 views. A thread on Chris Webb gets over 1600 views.

[/quote]

For me it's because I'm not that bothered about Bignot, hasn't done a thing of note except get sent off, and ditto with Sutherland. If there was news of a new striker, bought and paid for, and not just another loan extension, then I reckon the thread would get more views. As it is we get news of loan extensions as if we should be doing cartwheels. We moan because of the shit served up to us by the owner and his lapdog the President.

Thats just me personally like though. Anyway Enjoy Life, what did you think of the Presidents Progress update? Full of useful info on Forza Verde 1886 and flags, just for a change. [/quote]

[b]Why can't I do quotes?[/b]

To answer your question I couldn't give a shiny shite about Forza 1886. I'm from a time that enjoyed the game and the banter with the away fans. Even woth crowds of 3-4.000 there always used to be atmosphere. Now we have consumers..........?

As it happens though increasingly the youth seem to need to be coordinated into some sort of choir or some facebook "likey" gang. If the club can use that to generate more support then great. I don't care whether it's the "club" or Chris Webb. If people enjoy coming to Home Park, they'll come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Just to be clear, and as said on The Other Place, the outgoing board of Woz, Gareth and I agreed that it must be the incoming elected board with its mandate from the members that makes the decisions that shape the future of the Trust. So we've been somewhat treading water, doing a lot behind the scenes (like asking SD about the 20% and its view on the GAS Board), catching up on stuff put to one side during the administration (like the share certificates) and showing some examples of community-oriented activities (most notably the Foodbank collection). We also have some new initiatives ready to roll, if the new board wants to use them.

The new board in my view MUST engage more with the "offline" fans. The reason things have been Internet-focused during the administration is because that's the most efficient channel to get message out, and then rely on word of mouth for the rest. That will change, and I've read some good ideas for that here on ATD, thanks!

The new Trust board will be announced on Feb 6th. Whether I'm part of that or not, I look forward to the Trust becoming much more proactive again on the important issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 pm

And my point is that the Club President seems obsessed with the flags and the Ultras and not a lot else. I'm totally underwhelmed by John Deehans appointment and the "new" signings brought in so far in January. I reckon a fair few others must share my view, and thats why this thread will get far more views than a post telling us one crap player we've had for ages is staying a while longer, whilst another crap player we've had for a while isn't.

If I started a thread called "What a pair of tits" there would be more views than usual for a new thread because some people would think I was talking about Chris and Ian, which creates interest on this site, and some people would think there might be a photo of a huge set of jugs on it, which creates interest on most internet sites.

Simples.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Indeed Laughing
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:34 pm

The most hits on the RSPB site are for Great Tits and Blue Tits, most visitors stay less than 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 pm

[quote="pepsipete"]The most hits on the RSPB site are for Great Tits and Blue Tits, most visitors stay less than 5 seconds.[/quote]

Wankers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Indeed Laughing

And thats the nature of this site EL. People use this site to question whats going on at the club, because you can't ask certain questions on Pasoti. Thats why Pasoti gets such a large amount of press, and on Pasoti the big cheese is Ian Newell and Chris Webb is the Club President and Ian's friend.

Enjoy Life Presidente?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Has this site been so consumed with asking questions though that it can't help itself? Is everything bad?

What official capacity does Ian Newell have?

Don't you love to hark back to days when we discussed formations and tactics?

What I can see is that Chris is working to drive attendance at Home Park. Would I join in?....no....but some will. Anecdotal evidence is that the atmosphere has been better the last two games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Has this site been so consumed with asking questions though that it can't help itself? Is everything bad?

What I can see is that Chris is working to drive attendance at Home Park. Would I join in?....no....but some will. Anecdotal evidence is that the atmosphere has been better the last two games.

"Officially" Nothing I know of. But he certainly has a lot of sway on there. You question Brent or Chris and Ian is on you like a shot followed by his band of loyal followers. It just gets to some people because their whole outlook on Argyle seems to have changed dramatically recently, and where they used to be the people asking the questions, they now come across as bodyguards preventing the asking of questions.

And I haven't been to HP since the Ultras sprang to life, but I listen to every game and on Saturday Sparksy described Home Park as like a library, so I guess which anecdotal evidence you go by.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Nope, going on anecdotal evidence from people who are there.

Not spoiling for a fight, so not contradicting for contradictings sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:

Then why don't you start talking about it then. see who's interested.
For someone who doesn't want to talk personalities, you don't half talk a lot about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am

Enjoy Life wrote:

Newell is a tw@t, that is official

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:56 am

The Red Star wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

I think it's actually Witchfinder General, oh no sorry, that witch who needs a good seeing to banter with Dane Bunney was all about his niece Sleep

James Brent=King Chris Webb=Minister for Information Ian Newell=Armed Forces Commander Dane Bunney,Dingle,The Spooner=Foot soldiers/tossers/Newells Numptys

What's your role Enjoy Life?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 am

Greenjock wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

I think it's actually Witchfinder General, oh no sorry, that witch who needs a good seeing to banter with Dane Bunney was all about his niece Sleep

James Brent=King Chris Webb=Minister for Information Ian Newell=Armed Forces Commander Dane Bunney,Dingle,The Spooner=Foot soldiers/tossers/Newells Numptys

What's your role Enjoy Life?

Can I just say.. I enjoy enjoy(ing) life.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:02 am

I'm with Jock coming the comings and goings of poor journeymen footballers doesn't engage me at all. They're even worse journeymen than we've had to suffer for the last few years. Quite honestly the only players I would shed a tear if they went are Bhasera and Nelson.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the effort, but the last 3 years has ground me right down
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:14 am

Tactics & formation ? didnt know we had any !!!! lol!

at times it looks like we dont know what they are..................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next