Greenskin
Tringreen
Czarcasm
SwimWithTheTide
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:19 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
You want some stats Greensleeves, then here are some.

ATD membership total = 545
Pasoti membership total = 5369.

Thursday 6th February 00.00am to 20.30pm

Total number of posts on ATD for that period of time = 197.
Total number of posts on Pasoti for that period of time = 205.

Tell that to your controller. Its not us who should be worried.

On ATD you have topic discussions.

On Pasoti you have the meticulously crafted agenda of James Brent and his developments.

As always, when a real issue goes down, when Chris Webb gets caught with his pants down, when Nik Barron calls the administrators in - all Argyle fans rush to ATD to find out what's going on.  study 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:59 pm

Back to the match:

We did well. Surprised to see so many say we were only slightly better than them. Could have been more like 4-0 up at half-time and handled playing against the wind much better than they did in the second half. That's the most pleasing style of football I've seen us play under this manager in spite of the inhospitable conditions and it got a win too.

I still fear the play-offs are beyond us after our previous dip in form but I think this really does put to bed all talk of relegation and of not having notably improved from last season. Boco, Banton and Alessandra did very well in a roaming three behind Reid and left their defenders clueless on many occasions. We did very well especially the defence in the second half with the ball flying all over the place. Ben Purrington will be a real talent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Inhospitable is my favourite new word of the week.

"I'm not eating that, it's inhospitable to my stomach".

It was Northampton but we've won away. Well sone bheys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Just back.
Not going to go into depth suffice to say that the thing that separated us from Northampton today was that we coped better in the conditions then what Northampton did.
Oh and i was stood right next to those 3 geezers that got hoofed out for being blootered.  drunken 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Where's the political swingers brief synopsis then....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:32 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

lol!

Moudly sticks one in the back of the net from 30 yards.

brent worship 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Yea Man wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

lol!

Moudly sticks one in the back of the net from 30 yards.

brent worship 

one nil to us.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 am

I was blown away with yesterdays result
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:01 am

Beast_Guy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Beast_Guy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The lower the level, the more the wind takes effect.  What a Face 

Mind you, I still wince at the game we lost at Reading, discussed on here recently. Two nil up against the gale at half time. Three nil shortly after the restart, yet still lost 4 - 3. Trevor frikkin Senior !!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't that when Gordon Nisbet was sent off 2nd half ??

No.

Must have been the promotion season then 85-86 he was sent off

Sorry...........As usual, Greenskin knows best......... must be my great age and all this sun ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 am

Tringreen wrote:
Beast_Guy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Beast_Guy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The lower the level, the more the wind takes effect.  What a Face 

Mind you, I still wince at the game we lost at Reading, discussed on here recently. Two nil up against the gale at half time. Three nil shortly after the restart, yet still lost 4 - 3. Trevor frikkin Senior !!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't that when Gordon Nisbet was sent off 2nd half ??

No.

Must have been the promotion season then 85-86 he was sent off

Sorry...........As usual, Greenskin knows best......... must be my great age and all this sun ! Rolling Eyes

Come off it Tringers,you know what the real reason was.You'd already left the ground early,coz yooooom naaaaaaaat a praaaaaaaaper fan!  lol! jocolor cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 am

Probably.......... we were in that bloody wooden stand. Not even allowed to smoke, to help with the shattered nerves  What a Face 

Do they allow e cigs to be vaped at the Theatre of Schemes/ other grounds ?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:04 am

Tringreen wrote:
Probably.......... we were in that bloody wooden stand. Not even allowed to smoke, to help with the shattered nerves  What a Face 

Not being able to have a fag,even in the concourse these days,is one of the worst aspects of going to HP.At WBA a few years ago they provided an open air area outside the stand where people could have a smoke,can't really see why this couldn't be done at HP-maybe this is the case for the Mayflower and Grandstands,bleddy torture in the Lyndhurst though.Not sure about e cigs,i know the health fascists have had their way on trains and in some pubs,probably Argyle would be the same.Are they any good? I bought one a while back,haven't had the courage to try it yet.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:16 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Not being able to have a fag,even in the concourse these days,is one of the worst aspects of going to HP.At WBA a few years ago they provided an open air area outside the stand where people could have a smoke,can't really see why this couldn't be done at HP-maybe this is the case for the Mayflower and Grandstands,bleddy torture in the Lyndhurst though.Not sure about e cigs,i know the health fascists have had their way on trains and in some pubs,probably Argyle would be the same.Are they any good? I bought one a while back,haven't had the courage to try it yet.

I was at that game at WBA. Lost 3 - 0 I think. The writing was already well and truly on the wall by then.

The e cigs work for me, with the very rare packet of fags [ 3 or 4 times a year] if I'm on a bender. I feel much better using them and the urge for the buzz of tobacco is diminishing with time. I think the key is to research, only buy top quality e cigs and stick with it.

I use the vgo2 variable voltage from jacvapour.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 am

I just smoke neat weed now as I can't afford an e cig or baccy, anyway back to the game, we would have drawn or lost that last year, we have obviously improved but not enough to go up. If we don't strengthen in the summer we will stagnate and could well be back in the shit, hugely important what happens in the close season now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:46 am

That was the first game I have seen since Sheridan took over, and he is clearly a massive improvement on Jonah Fletcher. I wouldn't say that we have a makings of good side yet as too many players are on short term contracts and the progress that we have made could be lost when contract renewal time comes around. But the positives are that we are not going to get relegated.

Jesus.....did I really just write that? "...the positives are that we are not going to get relegated". Look how far we have come.....(C)Tring

Northampton look dead certs for the conference based on yesterdays performance. The wind had a massive impact on the game and we should have scored 3 or 4 when it was in our favour. The wind was even stronger in the 2nd half but Northampton couldn't use it to their advantage and the game petered out with 20 minutes to go as they seemed to give up.

The Argyle crowd were very quiet but it was very cold and Sixfields in a soulless stadium. I had the misfortune of seeing the antics of "Pieface" towards the end of the game. He did not embarrass me as a fellow Argyle fan - he embarrassed me as a fellow human. I am just grateful I wasn't sat anywhere near him for most of the match.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 am

Don't diss the pieman he's the latest to be groomed (in a non sexual context obviously) as a REAL fan.

As for the game we won. We were ok. They were awful. It was windy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 pm

The Pieman kid is a bit of a twat to be fair, fat young idiot who shouts, swears and jumps around trying to be wacky.

He annoys everyone just to get attention. REAL fan, what a load of bollocks, goes to a lot of games sure but iJN and his prawn sandwich brigade don't have to endure 90 mins sat near the fecker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:30 pm

ejh wrote:
The Pieman kid is a bit of a twat to be fair, fat young idiot who shouts, swears and jumps around trying to be wacky.

He annoys everyone just to get attention. REAL fan, what a load of bollocks, goes to a lot of games sure but iJN and his prawn sandwich brigade don't have to endure 90 mins sat near the fecker.

I had the misfortune of being sold a ticket that was right in among 'Pieface' and his teenage clique.
He actually seems ok to talk to individually but craves the attention, and acts like a bit of a dick when he is in among a crowd.
He is still very young.
He strikes me as being someone who is desperate to 'be someone' at Argyle which means he should fit right in among Pasoti and the Newell cabal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 pm

In fact i was within spitting distance of pieface and the 3 drunks who got hoofed out.Then on the train back i ended up sat near a group of noisy pissheads..for 3 hours
i must attract em  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:28 pm

A goal is a goal

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks TGWU.

Two magnificent golas there. Worthy of goals of the season!  laugh 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
In fact i was within spitting distance of pieface and the 3 drunks who got hoofed out.Then on the train back i ended up sat near a group of noisy pissheads..for 3 hours
i must attract em  lol! 

Was I stood next to you at the match? Got chatting from half time. At the very back of the block you mention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:54 pm

spowell92 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
i must attract em  lol! 

Was I stood next to you at the match? Got chatting from half time. At the very back of the block you mention.

Your probably right, i was wearing a grey trench-coat and a flatcap, your the young fella that traveled from Worcester/Gloucester ?

If so then i hope you made it back ok.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Bleddy hell............ spowell is a real young man ? Why aint he rebellious and twisted like Mock ?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:03 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
i must attract em  lol! 

Your probably right, i was wearing a grey trench-coat and a flatcap, your the young fella that traveled from Worcester/Gloucester ?

If so then i hope you made it back ok.

Yep! You travelled from Darlington right?
Was good chatting to you mate. My trip back was pretty easy going actually, hope your train journey was bearable enough. Atleast this can confirm I'm a real person!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the northampton fanfest match thread   the northampton fanfest match thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

the northampton fanfest match thread
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next