Czarcasm
Cornish Chris
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Northampton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Match official

NICHOLAS KINSELEY

Assisted by John O'Brien and Akil Howson

Fourth Official John Brooks

Midfielder returns to Sixfields

Northampton Town have signed Leicester City midfielder Ryan Watson on loan until January 3rd 2016.

Watson, 22, who came up through the ranks at Wigan Athletic before joining Leicester in summer 2013, had a previous loan spell at Sixfields at the start of the 2014/15 season

Jason Taylor was shown a straight red card at Barnet so will our game
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:12 am

Just one of those nothing clubs aren't they? All I really know about them is that they used to play at a cricket ground, and that they usually contrive to lose to us no matter how crap we are.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 am

Jason Taylor was sent off by Plymouth Ref Lee Swabey
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:49 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Just one of those nothing clubs aren't they? All I really know about them is that they used to play at a cricket ground, and that they usually contrive to lose to us no matter how crap we are.

And it's a ball ache to get to.

(I do get the irony in a Plymothian saying that, tbf)
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

And they're cowardly with regards to naming their town. Surely it should be Northhampton? Go on, be brave, give us a double-H.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Only time I've been to Northampton, I was coming from Wales, and the strangest stag do I've ever attended. I got a bit lost and ended up driving through Hereford, so I can't really make comment on how difficult it is to get to from down here. That was in the 2011/12 season, and the game was a shocker. I think we must have 'passed' the ball into touch when under no pressure whatsoever 6 or 7 times. Woeful. :/

Oh well, I'm going to plump for us nicking a 2-1 win against the run of play tomorrow. I will be at Lanson beer festival though, so fingers crossed for sunshine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Northampton was probably a pleasant county town once before it was stuffed up by developers, ring roads and overspill. There are a few good boozers dotted about none of which are near the ground which is on a soulless retail park off a the ring road

I remember Hargreaves and MacGregor going there and Wotton almost going there back when it was a significant step up.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Wasn't it them who somehow managed to lose 4-0 to us when we were looking like dead certs for the Conference? Nick Chadwick scored and we all got excited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Wasn't it them who somehow managed to lose 4-0 to us when we were looking like dead certs for the Conference? Nick Chadwick scored and we all got excited.

Cant remember that but I did go there when they turned us over 3-2 in the FA Cup (Luggy's first stint)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:24 pm

They had season in the old first division in the 1960's-went up through the divisions under a manager called Dave Bowen and went all the way back down again, where they've stayed ever since. George Best once scored 6 goals against them in an FA cup tie. Famous town for shoe making at one time, hence the Cobblers nickname. Er,thats about it really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:26 pm

I checked their record against us on GOS and it seems they havent beaten us at Home for 17 years
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Cant remember that but I did go there when they turned us over 3-2 in the FA Cup (Luggy's first stint)

He was never particularly one for the cups was he?

I seem to remember around the same time we would have played quite an appetising Premier League team away (Derby?) if we'd got through the second round, but we lost to a dire Bristol Rovers team in a replay.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

4-1 maybe? Think it may have been Purse's first game or goal for us?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:37 pm

From Greens on Screen-

Argyle  4 - 1  Northampton Town
ARGYLE: Jake Cole, Durrell Berry, Darren Purse, Maxime Blanchard, Onismor Bhasera, Will Atkinson,Simon Walton (Luke Young), Conor Hourihane, Ashley Hemmings, Craig Sutherland (Luke Daley),Nick Chadwick (Matt Lecointe).
[Non-playing subs: Larrieu, Nelson]
Goals: Walton (Cool, Chadwick (9), Atkinson (17), Hemmings (44)
NORTHAMPTON: Walker, Corker, Crowe, Tozer, Johnson[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], Westwood, Davies, Jacobs, Niven (Turnbull), Robinson,Akinfenwa[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
Goals: Akinfenwa (90+3)
Venue: Home ParkAttendance: 5,762Visitors: 268
Total Points: 12Position: 24
Match Milestones

• Maxime Blanchard's Argyle debut
  • Ashley Hemmings's Argyle debut
  • Darren Purse's Argyle debut
  • Ashley Hemmings's first goal for Argyle
  • Will Atkinson's last goal for Argyle

After crashing out of the FA Cup in a live TV game against non-league opposition, manager Carl Fletcher boosted morale by signing three new loan players in time to face Northampton Town. In total, four players made their home debut with Nick Chadwick back at Home Park after making his debut six years ago. Argyle got off to a great start by scoring two goals within the first ten minutes. Simon Walton slotted home a penalty before Chadwick celebrated his return by heading in at the near post after good work from Conor Hourihane. With the clock on 17 minutes Will Atkinson scored the goal of the game when he skipped past two defenders and curled a left-foot shot into the far corner. The Pilgrims were looking to score with every attack but the fans had to wait until the stroke of half-time when new on-loan winger Ashley Hemmings slotted home from 12 yards to end a goal-infested 45 minutes that left the Green Army in shock. With the game won, the second half never reached the dizzy heights of the first period and Northampton grabbed a late consolation goal to deny the Pilgrims a rare clean sheet. Never mind, it was a rare treat to see the new-look Argyle team win in style!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

I seem to remember around the same time we would have played quite an appetising Premier League team away (Derby?) if we'd got through the second round, but we lost to a dire Bristol Rovers team in a replay.

Went to that one-my old man was still alive and we drove up in his car, parked in one of the side streets about 10 minutes from the ground. I'd bought a lager six pack for the trip home and left it in the old man's car boot, which unfortunately didn't quite shut properly-you can guess the rest, suffice to say it was a dry journey home, thieving little buggers. Rovers were generally rubbish back then but they did have Nathan Ellington playing and his pace was the difference on the night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Went to that one-my old man was still alive and we drove up in his car, parked in one of the side streets about 10 minutes from the ground. I'd bought a lager six pack for the trip home and left it in the old man's car boot, which unfortunately didn't quite shut properly-you can guess the rest, suffice to say it was a dry journey home, thieving little buggers. Rovers were generally rubbish back then but they did have Nathan Ellington playing and his pace was the difference on the night.

If I remember rightly Stonebridge had a goal wrongly chalked off for offside in the first match. Bristol Rovers went on to beat derby as well.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 am

Northampton are on form right now plus our good result the other night after 2 defeats should give the players a bit of confidence to..think were in for a entertaining draw 1-1 or maybe a 2-2
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 am

Games like today are important if Adams wants to set a different tone from the Sheridan regime. A draw is the least we should expect.

I won't be listening as just en route to Porthcurno in the rain for a walk on the coastal path to Pendeen. Bleddy weather but at least no tourists.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 am

I do not fancy your walk, rain radar showing heavy rain and high winds, keep away from the cliffs edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Games like today are important if Adams wants to set a different tone from the Sheridan regime. A draw is the least we should expect.

I won't be listening as just en route to Porthcurno in the rain for a walk on the coastal path to Pendeen. Bleddy weather but at least no tourists.

I would be inclined to catch the bus from Porthcurno to Botttallack and ensconce yourself in the Queens for the day, there's lots of pictures on the wall so you won't miss out on the scenery. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:04 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

I'm half way through a weeks holiday. Tuesday was the only dry day so far!
We're going to walk from Lostwithiel to Lanhydrock this afternoon, blow the cobwebs away.
It may be shit weather, but i'd rather be in shit weather in Cornwall than shit weather in Birmingham/London/Insert Northern City Here.
Should get back to hear the second half/final score.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:35 am

This should be a 2 goal margin in Argyles favour. No messing no pack drill 3 Points on the Board
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Weather not too bad. Porthcurno to Sennen Cove done and enjoying a lovely pint of Rattler. Heading to Cape Cornwall and then a few pints in St. Just. Geddon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Rattler..YUM. finished my work for the day, settling down with the bobble hat on and a cider or 10..
Ive been allowed into my own place cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Pompey are losing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northampton match thread   Northampton match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Northampton match thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next