Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 am

If as has been suggested, there is some sort of rent/rates holiday in place, why do they not admit it ?

My guess for what it's worth, is if in fact some such arrangement is in place, the football club post brent, will pick up the bill and the increased rent.

Not only is he restricting the future of the club through his asset stripping clusterfuck but is also piling on loans/debts. Those who seem to think they will inherit the kingdom and are protecting him from the potential fury of the support base, are equally to blame.
Through the controlled Pisspoti, the local press and the council, brent is managing to keep the heat off his activities which will ultimately heap further misery on the football club.

Meanwhile, the terminally addicted are joyous at a couple of scrappy wins in the basement division. Avivas to the slaughter.

Reminds me of Blackadder 1, when Edmund was gathering his evil gang to take over the kingdom.........

'Blessed are the meek, for they shall be slaughtered !'
Let's get those meek bastards now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Should this not offer yet another opportunity for the Trust to ask questions and inform the fanbase of the concerns ?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 am

Hairy-his name is Mark Lowry
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 am

popcorn time yet ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:31 am

Ah, Councillor Lowry. I wouldn't expect any specific facts/figures as this is a personal financial issue (personal to James Brent) but then it might be different as it's not a domestic financial issue - I've not seen something like this before and I've been involved in FoI requests for a few years.
I'll still eat my cardigan if 'no rent has been paid' but I don't think you'll get dates and payment amounts.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:40 am

So just for clarification Hairy, Councillor Lowry is the PCC Finance Chief.

Secondly it is not a JB personal finance issue. PCC paid £1.6 million of taxpayers money saying that it was a good commercial deal for the City. A good commercial deal means that there is good value in the return on that £1.6million. A 'holiday' where there is zero return looks more like Tudor and his cronies sticking their collective arse in the air and shouting feck me harder to the Akkeron crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 am

Cllr Lowry is cabinet member for finance. He'd be the person to approach - as you have. I can't say you won't get the information you want but it's a bit fuzzy with me if you will get it. It depends what you want. Would a yes/no answer be ok or would you want proof?
By the way, any one can ask for a FoI to be answered wherever they live. If you want to ask Sunderland council how much they spent on lamp-posts and you like in Penzance, you can.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:13 am

I have asked how much rent has been paid and if there is a rent payment holiday then how long the holiday period is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 am

I'd be surprised if you didn't get an answer on that. It seems a 'normal' type question to ask. I'd hold back on the question about if Akkeron are bumming the Council though.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:37 am

knecht wrote:
The rivalry between Calstock & Gunnislake is bigger than that between Arsenal & Spurs, England & Germany, IJN & ATD! That's how big it is! I know what I'd catch there..... I just would never go that far.  
Glad to hear that Knecht.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:31 am

Maybe we should create here a list of the Councillors that have been written to and their replies, or lack of?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 am

GOB wrote:
Maybe we should create here a list of the Councillors that have been written to and their replies, or lack of?
Good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:15 am

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/modgov?modgovlink=http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/mgInternet/mgMemberIndex.aspx
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:23 am

knecht wrote:
The rivalry between Calstock & Gunnislake is bigger than that between Arsenal & Spurs, England & Germany, IJN & ATD! That's how big it is! I know what I'd catch there..... I just would never go that far.  
Fecking right it is,none of the rivalries mentioned could match the sheer hatred engendered by the annual Hawkmoor cup match.Bloodshed,broken limbs,flourishing of the laws of cricket at moments of controversy,stumps kicked out of the ground,holes kicked in the pavillion doors-and that was just the tea ladies.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Fecking right it is,none of the rivalries mentioned could match the sheer hatred engendered by the annual Hawkmoor cup match.Bloodshed,broken limbs,flourishing of the laws of cricket at moments of controversy,stumps kicked out of the ground,holes kicked in the pavillion doors-and that was just the tea ladies.

Ha h ha ! I'll bring a picnic next time I'm down and this match is scheduled.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:58 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Sadly it doesn't happen anymore. Gunnislake is really struggling at the moment whilst Calstock are on a bit of a roll with 4 consecutive league Championships! Would be a bit one sided these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Jon L wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Sadly it doesn't happen anymore.  Gunnislake is really struggling at the moment whilst Calstock are on a bit of a roll with 4 consecutive league Championships!  Would be a bit one sided these days.

What they need is a sugar daddy like B***t or Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Get the council to buy the ground for millions then lease it back for rent that doesnt have to be paid - simples
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Get the council to buy the ground for millions then lease it back for rent that doesnt have to be paid - simples
It's a beautiful plan, innit. Wonder if we could all do the same with our houses?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Jon L wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Sadly it doesn't happen anymore.  Gunnislake is really struggling at the moment whilst Calstock are on a bit of a roll with 4 consecutive league Championships!  Would be a bit one sided these days.
Gunnislake are indeed struggling,which is very sad as Hawkmoor must be one of the most picturesque grounds in the country,never mind the district.They had a very promising side about 5 years ago which would have taken them up a few leagues but lost a lot of players to other clubs and general drift away from cricket,which seems to be quite common these days.When i played in those matches,Calstock had Stewart Storey playng for them-he was a very fine all rounder for Surrey and Sussex,came down to Calstock after he retired.Surprised me how competitive he was even at a much lower level-remember doing an umpiring stint after getting out and standing at the end from which he was bowling some crafty spinners.He threw one up in the air and our batsman smashed a towering hit down towards long on.As the ball was in the air,Stewart said "if he f****** well drops that,i'll go down there and wring his f****** neck!"lol! The fieldsman caught it unfortunately,would have been interesting to see what would would have happened if he hadn't.Decent guy off the field,he played a major role in setting up the now sadly defunct Tamar league,seem to recall that Pat Pocock used to come and stay with him quite often.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Off topic but..I played against Calstock many times for Taverners in the Tamar league.Once you got Storey out,the rest was simples.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:53 pm

All interesting memories. Stewart and Margaret returned to Sussex 4 years ago to be nearer their family and I am still in contact with him a few times a year as he follows Calstock's fortunes from afar.

The club never won a thing (even when Stewart was playing) and did well to survive at all for so long. In 2010 we managed to put together a decent side which won the Tamar League and we defended it in 2011. Seeing how the league was declining and after something better we opted to join the Cornwall League and have breezed through Divisions 7 and 6. In those 4 seasons we have only lost 3 league games and haven't lost at home since August 2009!! Records any club would be pleased with even if it is low level.

The best part of the last few years has been starting a junior section and there were more junior members than adult members last year. The U11 finished joint top of their league beating Callington and Werrington which is very promising for the future. Next year there will be U13, U11 and an U11 girls team which for those of you who have experienced playing at Calstock in the past, would be pretty unimaginable I think!!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Think this beeb report on the costs of local ouncils gagging their employees and leavers will give a clue to chance of a straight answer.

the beeb

Labour-led Plymouth City Council said it did not "hold" the information in "electronic records or databases" and it would need to be "extracted from manual records" which would have exceeded the costs allocated to a freedom of information request. wrote:
How convenient.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Surely all council employees are paid by BACS and there would have to be an auditable set of accounts. All payments made by the council to anybody, anywhere, for anything must surely be recorded on computerised finance systems, otherwise an auditors job would be very difficult and a lot more expensive. I know some people think Plymouth is a little backward but this is the 21st century and Plymouth is big enough to be a unitary authority; are they seriously suggesting payments possibly totalling many tens of thousands of pounds are not on a computer??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 pm

So no council employee is going to admit this all and any freedom of information request will be met with a bullshit standard reply? How feckin convenient for Newell and his love of the city of Plymouth. Even if Brent is feckin over the city Newell is so proud of, the man he has a frighteningly abnormal man crush on, the truth will always remain hidden? You'd think porky would be tearing the hair he hasn't got out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:35 am

To me it seems like a local authority with a need and desire to cover its ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next