green_genie
Tringreen
Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Wise words FY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:05 pm

I was thinking Chris Dawson but don't really want to mention what his staff think of his wages/management style. The system as it is isn't perfect but there's little alternative.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Chris Dawson? A social conscience? Errrr NO.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Not even the courtesy of a reply from Lowry? Why not? Something to hide?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Not even the courtesy of a reply from Lowry? Why not? Something to hide?
Maybe ask him instead of posting it here. He's probs painting.

Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 Ls_lowry_ancoats

Cmon Damon. Chillax. Life is about more than this. Hug you neighbour man!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:26 pm

What I should write to him asking why he hasnt replied to my last correspondence - you're sounding more like 'one of them' every day!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:05 pm

I wasn't suggesting Chris Dawson had a social conscience or indeed that was who you had in mind.
I meant Dawson would be the sort of person who would cut through the all bullshit & get things done without fear of ruffling any feathers.
Admittedly he'd probably cause a walkout of the Civic Centre on his first day Wink

What about the other name ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:08 pm

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:
Tudor Evans's expenses were nearly £40,000 a year so it's not such a bad little earner if you can get it.
They aren't expenses. 'Expenses' is a rail ticket, a sandwich at a service station, a coffee. What you've done is confuse an allowance. Do you expect someone to lead an entire City for free? The wage is ridiculously small compared to the Chief Exec and there's consultants that earn way beyond Tudor Evans' allowance who put in nowhere near the hours.

This has little to do with the thread though - the rumour still hasn't been proven.... probably as it's a nonsense.

I'd also really like to meet a very successful businessman/woman with a true social conscience - that's bollocks. If a business person worth millions has a social conscience, they'd not be worth millions.
Ok, let me rephrase it, Evans's allowance was nearly £40,000 last year so it's not such a bad little earner if you can get it....hope that helps you to sleep better Hairy.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Tudor also has a day job....up charles cross way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey maybe James Brent might be interested in becoming mayor of Plymouth?

He would be able to do absolutely anything he wanted then. Oh hold on a minute scratch 

All he would need is a local cheerleading group and campaign manager cheers 

I wonder if the third greatest Janner would endorse Tory Boy though jocolor lol! 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Jimmy has problems funding his diabolical development.  I suspect he welcomes this diversion.

Without absolute proof Damon just let it go... for now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Tudor also has a day job....up charles cross way...
How can you lead a council of this size and have a day job? Nobody here would do it for under £40k a year - behave.

And oooooh Damon, "one of them"? What does that even mean. I'm a liberal clever boy apparently. I care about Plymouth, I give a shit. I don't want Dragon's Den people in politics thanks.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:37 am

And I dont want politicians to continue to feck up my life, my community and my city anymore Hairy. The current bunch, not just local, have disenfranchised a generation, are totally out of touch with real life and continue to be more obsessed with their own egos and/or pockets than their constituents. And by the way this is aimed at all party politicians. Party politics is dead, yesterdays format. The way forward is Independent.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:13 am

Trouble with having an independent administration is that they spend more time debating what to do than doing it. In my opinion the best administration the nation has had during my lifetime was the 1946 Attlee government. Which achieved a lot under extremely difficult circumstances. We need another Attlee.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Good luck to you in your campaign Damon but I'ld be very surprised if an elected mayor in Plymouth wasn't another Tory or Labour politician. You've quoted Bristol as an example, I'll raise you London!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:26 am

I'll see your London Richard - but even there both Red and Blue put up the most 'independent' of party members.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Mark Lowry replies to nothing. I noticed he's become the kind of official city council spokesman now. Weird decision.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Mark Lowry replies to nothing. I noticed he's become the kind of official city council spokesman now. Weird decision.
What do you reckon to the rumour about the lack of rent payments Mrrapson?

You obviously have some good contacts to let slip about the possible PCC use of the Derry's building a month before I was getting my knuckles wrapped for breaching confidentiality clauses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 am

green_genie wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
What do you reckon to the rumour about the lack of rent payments Mrrapson?

You obviously have some good contacts to let slip about the possible PCC use of the Derry's building a month before I was getting my knuckles wrapped for breaching confidentiality clauses.
What's happened to Open Government? Was that the last lot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Neither of these systems will work until you take out greed and power from the equation.
That's never going to happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 am

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:
Tudor Evans's expenses were nearly £40,000 a year so it's not such a bad little earner if you can get it.
They aren't expenses. 'Expenses' is a rail ticket, a sandwich at a service station, a coffee. What you've done is confuse an allowance. Do you expect someone to lead an entire City for free? The wage is ridiculously small compared to the Chief Exec and there's consultants that earn way beyond Tudor Evans' allowance who put in nowhere near the hours.

This has little to do with the thread though - the rumour still hasn't been proven.... probably as it's a nonsense.

I'd also really like to meet a very successful businessman/woman with a true social conscience - that's bollocks. If a business person worth millions has a social conscience, they'd not be worth millions.
BUMP!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am

At last a worthy bump. lol!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:19 am

The rumour was that rent and rates were not being paid. That rumour wasn't accurate. Rent has been paid, in full. Rates have been negotiated under a legal framework. James Brent isn't in arrears. The facts that some of the popcorn munchers wanted to be true aren't correct.
You can think it's wrong/not right/morally wrong/dishonest if you like but the facts are, this rumour was just a rumour.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:43 am

hairy j wrote:
The rumour was that rent and rates were not being paid. That rumour wasn't accurate. Rent has been paid, in full. Rates have been negotiated under a legal framework. James Brent isn't in arrears. The facts that some of the popcorn munchers wanted to be true aren't correct.
You can think it's wrong/not right/morally wrong/dishonest if you like but the facts are, this rumour was just a rumour.
Sorry hairy, you got this one wrong. You're trying to say this is/was a non-story?? Really?

As with most rumours specific details were vague, but the very fact Damon had to press for a FOI request to actually bring this in to the public domain means it was a very worthwhile exercise bringing it to light.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi everyone - it's me, your newest member :-)

Just so you know, I despise Messers Brent and Tudor, well, my old mum always said to tell the truth :-)

So here's the other thing, i was on Pasoti (can i say that) lasted a week, made four posts and suddenly my account is 'not active' I can't think why, all i did was post 'You need to loose weight'
that's all i put, no names, nothing.....

Do you think it's because I posted it after a post by IJN? :-)

Anyhow, nice to be with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next