Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm

shall i repeat? companies house, company accounts

i know this as i have to present my accounts every year
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Reply from my Councillor.

I have been informed that we as councillors cannot for legal reasons make any comment on specific companies or individuals rent or business rates.

Regards  

Brian
I have been informed that it would be in my best interests to keep my feckin mouth shut in other words.
So that leaves us to ponder what the legal reasons may be.

Imagine this scenario:

Quote :
All annual rent is being paid in the normal way; no variance from what is publicly expected; no late payment; no arrears; no rent holiday.

Q: Is there a rent holiday or is rent payment in arrears or is there any other special arrangement not in the public domain?

A: I have been informed that we as councillors cannot for legal reasons make any comment on specific companies or individuals rent or business rates.

instead of:

A: There is no special arrangement and the account is up to date.
If that second answer was given why on Earth would anybody want to take legal action?

If there's nothing to hide why act as if there is?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Time to get rid if this pathetic Council Leadership. Lead for years by either a primary scool teacher or someone who has NEVER had a real job. Time for a democratically elected Mayor.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:52 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Time to get rid if this pathetic Council Leadership. Lead for years by either a primary scool teacher or someone who has NEVER had a real job. Time for a democratically elected Mayor.
This ex primary school teacher who has never had a real job, wouldn't have taken the shit being foisted on the city. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:30 am

We have a city with an economy worth £1billion and it has been headed by a career local politician or a primary school teacher. Why? Red changes everything blue does then it all changes back again. Pathetic party politics gets in the way of real leadership. We desperately need someone of vision who has experience in the commercial sector and will not be swayed by three line whips and party hq. An independant elected mayor for Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:51 am

James Brent for mayor anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:07 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
We have a city with an economy worth £1billion and it has been headed by a career local politician or a primary school teacher. Why? Red changes everything blue does then it all changes back again. Pathetic party politics gets in the way of real leadership. We desperately need someone of vision who has experience in the commercial sector and will not be swayed by three line whips and party hq. An independant elected mayor for Plymouth.
Why? Because Democracy.
Why not stand for election Damon?

Getting someone else to lead Plymouth City Council would require:
Attracting someone of the callibre that you deem necessary - that would mean raising the allowance way beyond what it currently is. Plymouth University seems successful, Universities can pay their top earning staff close to and over £500k a year
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8274663/Row-over-hike-in-university-vice-chancellors-pay.html

Second, they would need to be affiliated to either Labour or Conservative.

Thirdly, they would need to be voted in as Leader by their elected peers.

Fourthly, they would need to be voted in by their constituents.

What you're suggesting would mean an enormous pay rise for the position (probably around 1000%) and removal of the current democratic process as it is.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:20 am

Even though I'm not a great fan and he is primarily trying to keep the Lib Dems in position of influence, I think Nick Clegg's suggestion that coalition government is best for the country is correct.
Conservative and Labour parties in power tend to undo the work of the other, with Labour being favoured for social fairness and the Tories for business/financial stimulation.
With the Lib Dems sat in the middle, in coalition with either party, there 'should' be less change, for change sake.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:00 am

No Hairy - they would not need to be a member of one of the political parties. An independent democratically elected mayor - like Bristol has. The party system doesnt work anymore. Hundreds of thousands of voters show total apathy. The great Tudor was elected with 1700 votes. The campaign to raise 9000 signatories to force a referendum for an elected mayor will start soon. I will not be standing, but will actively campaign to to make this happen. The rot must stop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 am

So we'd have a Mayor (who will need supporting staff if the Mayor role became "leading" Plymouth), a cabinet (made up of Councillors), other Councillors and a Chief Exec? We'd also need an additional election to take place to elect a Mayor. It's going to cost a fair old whack of cash.
And who's to say an elected Mayor, six months down the line, wouldn't be accused of being a 'pupoet' by the same people who want an elected Mayor?
I'd also expect the turnout for a Mayor election to be similar to what it is now.
It reflects that police election that nobody really wanted, that cost the public countless millions all over the UK and has changed absolutely nothing.
I don't actually have an alternative though - if I did, I'd be a very wealthy chap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 am

Don't know who said it but 'you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything' - the council have done the latter!! Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:26 am

No Hairy, wrong again. People dont vote because there is noone to vote for - same old tired interchangeable media whores who put their career, climbing up the party ladder in front of the needs of their constituents. It must change. There are several leading Plymouth businessmen who are going to be backing the campaign. There is a preferred candidate in place. Someone with gravitas and presence. Someone who has been there and done it in the business world. Someone who is passionate about Plymouth.

Cost? Yes there is a cost involved. But how much do the leader and cabinet of the Council get paid now? How much is their inexperience costing the City? Bristol has boomed under their Independent Mayor. Plymouth can and will too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:29 am

I know that My Evans expenses are unbelievably high!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 am

GOB wrote:
I know that My Evans expenses are unbelievably high!
No surprise there!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:33 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
No Hairy - they would not need to be a member of one of the political parties. An independent democratically elected mayor - like Bristol has. The party system doesnt work anymore. Hundreds of thousands of voters show total apathy. The great Tudor was elected with 1700 votes. The campaign to raise 9000 signatories to force a referendum for an elected mayor will start soon. I will not be standing, but will actively campaign to to make this happen. The rot must stop.
It needs doing, Good luck to you Damon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 am

Tudor Evans's expenses were nearly £40,000 a year so it's not such a bad little earner if you can get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 am

Businessmen? I have absolute faith in businessmen....... sarcasm 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:41 am

All this Mayor crap is just that it's crap. It won't be long in this country before we have a feckin huge scandal where the local mayor is trousering baksheesh from the recipients of the lucrative contracts being handed out, at least the current lot do it to have their tummies tickled by a rich bloke.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:44 am

Knecht - believe me they are not all like you know who. It will be someone with a real social conscience, but also has headed one of Plymouth's most well known businesses. Remember the economy of Plymouth is worth £1billion. Right now we have a leader (huh) who is shit scared of the man pretending to throw the cash around. We need someone who knows what they are doing.

First target is 9000 signatories to force a referendum. Then on to beat the political sheep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Knecht - believe me they are not all like you know who. It will be someone with a real social conscience, but also has headed one of Plymouth's most well known businesses. Remember the economy of Plymouth is worth £1billion. Right now we have a leader (huh) who is shit scared of the man pretending to throw the cash around. We need someone who knows what they are doing.

First target is 9000 signatories to force a referendum. Then on to beat the political sheep.
Where do I sign?

lol! Lenszner for mayor - lesnzner for mayor - lenszner for mayor. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Where do I sign?

Naaaaat fit and praaaaaaper ! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Gimme a pen!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Where do I sign?

Naaaaat fit and praaaaaaper ! lol! 
haha - quite right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:23 pm

GOB wrote:
Tudor Evans's expenses were nearly £40,000 a year so it's not such a bad little earner if you can get it.
They aren't expenses. 'Expenses' is a rail ticket, a sandwich at a service station, a coffee. What you've done is confuse an allowance. Do you expect someone to lead an entire City for free? The wage is ridiculously small compared to the Chief Exec and there's consultants that earn way beyond Tudor Evans' allowance who put in nowhere near the hours.

This has little to do with the thread though - the rumour still hasn't been proven.... probably as it's a nonsense.

I'd also really like to meet a very successful businessman/woman with a true social conscience - that's bollocks. If a business person worth millions has a social conscience, they'd not be worth millions.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I agree something desperately needs doing to rid the system of "professional politicians". This flip flopping between Tory & Labour is killing the city, & the entire country for that matter.
If the role you are proposing carried a hefty salary I can't see it working. It would simply attract out of work CEOs who tend to go from one failure to the next.
A wealthy self made man who doesn't need the money, isn't afraid to rock the boat or call a spade a spade would probably work long term.
The obvious name is Chris Dawson, however I suspect you are talking about someone like Mike Leece who as far as I am concerned falls very much into the previous category I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next