Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Watching this game,i didn't have any feelings of anger,disappointment,urge to see Argyle get an equaliser,hatred of the referee,resentment of the opposition or humiliation,all of which would undoubtedly have been to the fore not more than a year or two ago.I just felt nothing,complete neutrality and acceptance of matters. I planned to have a few drinks tonight and will still do so but whereas awhile back i'd have been seething about all things Argyle even when i was totally pissed,i'll have forgotten all about it in 10 minutes time.Anyone else feel the same or was it just me?
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 pm

You're not the only one.

I just didn't care one way or another infact I even found myself laughing when our last attack turned into nothing.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 pm

How peculiar - i feel identical. Totally devoid of emotion
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Watching this game,i didn't have any feelings of anger,disappointment,urge to see Argyle get an equaliser,hatred of the referee,resentment of the opposition or humiliation,all of which would undoubtedly have been to the fore not more than a year or two ago.I just felt nothing,complete neutrality and acceptance of matters. I planned to have a few drinks tonight and will still do so but whereas awhile back i'd have been seething about all things Argyle even when i was totally pissed,i'll have forgotten all about it in 10 minutes time.Anyone else feel the same or was it just me?

I think there's an increasing number of otherwise loyal and longstanding supporters who feel the same - completely cheesed off with the property-developing, superfan culture at Home Park, to the point where they have, to use Jock's wonderfully elegant phrase, run out of fucks to give.

I think we can see, laid bare on national television, just what is important at Home Park just now, and it isn't the football.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Been this way for a long while now
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Yes me to, i know we will always be shit, now i pretty much accept it.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm

and me.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:45 pm

We just started laughing and joking about it. I think jokes are an excellent coping strategy.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Feel a bit numb, but more the realisation that we ARE that bad. That amateurish, and to think I was going to go to that shower of shit and spend good money on it.

Seeing PJ and Newell sat together I felt nothing but contempt for them.

How's the search for a chairman going James?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 pm

I had forgotten all about the match until my Father in Law mentioned it. Had a nice time at the pictures and meal afterwards. I had a good laugh when I saw the score.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Not caring (or rather making yourself not care because of all the shit) gets easier as time goes on, honest. I thought it was a 1pm KO today. Until about, um, five to two.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Well I still care. It bloody hurts. Hurts deep inside in a way that gnaws away at my very soul. Not once did I consider that we might lose today. Not once. Yet we were well beaten and I can't even find anything, despite a sending off that seems unpopular, to excuse it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well I still care. It bloody hurts. Hurts deep inside in a way that gnaws away at my very soul. Not once did I consider that we might lose today. Not once. Yet we were well beaten and I can't even find anything, despite a sending off that seems unpopular, to excuse it.

This.

Having to explain my behaviour to my family is not normal. It hurts, somewhere in the pit of my stomach.

Pissed off beyond belief.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I felt a warm feeling together with a slight burning sensation, then I realised I had pissed myself.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

This.

Having to explain my behaviour to my family is not normal. It hurts, somewhere in the pit of my stomach.

I snapped at the kids when they got back and there were still 4 minutes injury time to go, because they were happy and chasing each other around the living room. Made me feel a right prick afterwards and although I apologised and tried to laugh it off, my stepson looked like he could cry.

It still hurts, but not as much as it used to. It's like you become more immune to it the longer it goes on.

Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
Been this way for a long while now

As have i, i hate feeling like it, i also hate not having that 'buzz' i used to get before away matches. I hope under a new manager it will come back and my enjoyment at Argyle will rise again.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Iggy wrote:
I felt a warm feeling together with a slight burning sensation, then I realised I had pissed myself.

Fank fuk four that, I fout it was jus me.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Well if the axe does fall on Fletchers head, the announcement that he has gone will be followed up by announcing that Darren Purse will be player manager in the interim (and get the job after five games. king )
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Well if the axe does fall on Fletchers head, the announcement that he has gone will be followed up by announcing that Darren Purse will be player manager in the interim (and get the job after five games. king )

hey i called the purse as manager months ago lol
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

This.

Thirded.

Each to their own but I feel a lot more connected and a lot less numbed to it all right now than I did under the late Sturrock 2 and Mariner days.
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 am

Iggy wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

There was a time I would of been mightily pissed off to the point of getting a posse together, burning torches, pitch forks and all, and march up to the gates of HP.

Now - the biggest concern I have is whether to have Ready Break or Cheerios for breakfast. Razz
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 am

mariner was a coaching masterclass compared to this idiot fletcher !

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

It was a strange feeling at the end of the game. Most fans seemed to just turn on their heels and walk out. No anger, some grumbling but mainly it seemed like numbed indifference. A few fans berated people for not clapping the team off the pitch. I would have stayed and clapped if there had been some kind a heroic (in the broaden sense) rearguard determined backs against the wall fire in the belly effort to grind out a result from the team but there was none.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am

Turned it off after half an hour but still listened through morbid curiosity on the car radio, as I travelled into Landan, for updates.

Felt sad but not at all surprised.

I see that Lostwithiel Green, one of the Banana Bus boys and an ex member here, has thrown in the towel. He and the rest of us will be back if the club gets an owner and manager worthy of the name and the vermin that currently infest the corridors of power and influence are removed.

I really don't know what will happen next but I'm not confident it will be any better.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange feelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange feelings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next