Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:12 am

Well I am crying Sad Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:13 am

hairy j wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
You mean he is dying of AIDS Sad 
WTF pete?! There's a line. You crossed the line bro.
I'm With Hairy on this one Pete. I just really winced when I read that.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am

Apologies if I have upset anybody, especially Tring. Just shows how dangerous rumours can be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:17 am

I thought it was a LOL actually - I didn't expect Pete to be quite so twisted. He's gone up in my estimations. Hopefully, the high horse tabloid moralists aren't reading today.

Geddon Pete!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 am

No offence taken Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmT3wm-0A
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
No offence taken Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmT3wm-0A
None intended, thought you would see the humour. Humour in a Rumour lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:43 am

I don't base any of my predictions/assessments on rumour. With the main players involved in and around HP these days, it's surely obvious that virtually 'anything' underhand and devious is likely to be occurring.

Anyway, the terminally tinted still have a club to support and the bigger picture doesn't seem to bother them, so geddon janners !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:47 am

Moving this thread along from Pete's frankly disgusting post (shameful). Where is Damon? He's not been around to back this rumour up.

Damon's farted in the lift and got out on the 3rd floor.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 am

No need to get quite so anal about what is just another chronic illness Hairy. Medication is now so advanced that its no worse than say diabetes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:59 am

So without trawling through all 11 pages of this thread the fact that it is now November and not a peep of news reference the "development" speaks volumes.
If there is anything behind this rumor which i strongly suspect that there is then it seems all is not well in Brenton Abbey!!
Looks like the filthy, stinking, Evil plans might never get off the ground level after all!!
Jog on Brent !!

cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm not, I LOLd,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So without trawling through all 11 pages of this thread the fact that it is now November and not a peep of news reference the "development" speaks volumes.
If there is anything behind this rumor which i strongly suspect that there is then it seems all is not well in Brenton Abbey!!
Looks like the filthy, stinking, Evil plans might never get off the ground level after all!!
Jog on Brent !!

cheers cheers cheers 
You could always read the thread punchie - that's what this place is for.... or maybe not in so e cases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Jog on Brent !!

cheers cheers cheers 
You could always read the thread punchie - that's what this place is for.... or maybe not in so e cases.
Cheers,
Reading through 11 pages on a Saturday afternoon is not really my idea of fun but you live and learn i suppose.
And besides it doesn't take much to see which way the wind is really blowing when it comes to the speccy banker.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:18 pm

CEO apparently told the senior greens that delays are due to Kier's subcontractors being slow and that they are expected on site next month (meeting was 31st October so presumably that means November).

No mention of tenancy agreements being part of delay. I'm surprised that deal for Ice Rink or Car Park hasn't been lauded in same manner as the Odeon deal.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Still here Hairy. I trust my source on this. I don't know GG but his info seems to be coming from the same place. And I didn't break this on this site. But I have written to the Head of Finance at PCC asking for clarification on the deal and over a week later still have no reply. My OPINION is that PCC has paid £1.6 million for HP, justifying it by claiming that they have struck a good deal for the City whilst the reality is they have struck a dodgy side deal with Brent regarding rent holiday.

Brent has mentioned an increase of £30000pa in rent but we are now being told rent isn't being paid.

I believe Brent has a Teflon arse but Tudor and the Cabinet don't. They have bent rules to breaking point to give Brent whatever he wants. It needs a local politician with real balls to break cover. They are all shit scared of Brent, all their eggs in one basket and I don't think a visit from the Local Govt Ombudsman to Tudor would be very welcome right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:10 pm

People don't want to believe it, that's the problem Damon. Then when they're forced to believe it they consider it as just good business!

Nothing wrong with having a right old wheeler dealer at the helm of the club, they're not going to be doing everything for themselves and nothing for us are they?

Then you have the problem that both of us are seen as just troublemakers who will do anything to slag off Brent, Newell, Webb or harm the club in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 pm

hairy j wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
You mean he is dying of AIDS Sad 
WTF pete?! There's a line. You crossed the line bro.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:45 pm

[quote="hairy j"]Has anybody actually asked the question? Dunlop did, the answer wasn't good enough. Who are the reliable people? I wouldn't call someone reliable if they're a) making it up or b) leaking private and confidential information. Greengenes has a 'source' who's not involved in the politics at PAFC - well, I'm sorry, if you leak a snippet like this, you've become involved. Who's the source? It's someone close!
This information is available to a good 1,000+ people, if it was true, wouldn't it have been leaked already to a local newspaper who really love stories like this. Ask yourself that.

I'd also question the morality of an insider - I.e. a PCC employee or an elected member - leaking information like this to others. Greengenes is potentially putting this person in a precarious position. In my opinion, they deserve to be in that position as divulging information like this is strictly a no/no. If it was whistleblowing an assault, a crime or something else illegal, you are encouraged to do that but James Brent's rent account should not be public knowledge.[/quote

Actually as James Brent's rent account is for a public asset then if he isn't paying it then damn right it should be public knowledge! I would say that Green Genie is a fairly reliable guy too. You're just being contrary to piss people off as per.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Still here Hairy. I trust my source on this. I don't know GG  but his info seems to be coming from the same place. And I didn't break this on this site. But I have written to the Head of Finance at PCC asking for clarification on the deal and over a week later still have no reply. My OPINION is that PCC has paid £1.6 million for HP, justifying it by claiming that they have struck a good deal for the City whilst the reality is they have struck a dodgy side deal with Brent regarding rent holiday.

Brent has mentioned an increase of £30000pa in rent but we are now being told rent isn't being paid.

I believe Brent has a Teflon arse but Tudor and the Cabinet don't. They have bent rules to breaking point to give Brent whatever he wants. It needs a local politician with real balls to break cover. They are all shit scared of Brent, all their eggs in one basket and I don't think a visit from the Local Govt Ombudsman to Tudor would be very welcome right now.
So what do you do to get him to visit?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm

http://www.lgo.org.uk

Should be all you need there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Who is the 'Head of Finance'? I've never met the person myself. It's a hokey story Damon. Hokey cokey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:20 am

So, if you've never met him he doesn't exist? Even under another title. I know how you civil servants love your titles.

Personally, with no knowledge or expertise in these matters at all, I suspect that the reality is that rent/rate holidays are not unusual in these sort of situations. I suspect that a number of organisations negotiate deals. That's how capitalism & politics work. Using this as another stick with which to beat Brent is a bit like complaining that Amazon doesn't pay its fair share of taxes. That's how the system works. It's shit but it's what we have. Me? I'm going off to live in a commune in the wilder reaches of Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:29 am

Where, Gunnislake? Don't do it Knecht, you just don't know what you will catch there! affraid 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:44 am

The rivalry between Calstock & Gunnislake is bigger than that between Arsenal & Spurs, England & Germany, IJN & ATD! That's how big it is! I know what I'd catch there..... I just would never go that far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:01 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Still here Hairy. I trust my source on this. I don't know GG  but his info seems to be coming from the same place. And I didn't break this on this site. But I have written to the Head of Finance at PCC asking for clarification on the deal and over a week later still have no reply. My OPINION is that PCC has paid £1.6 million for HP, justifying it by claiming that they have struck a good deal for the City whilst the reality is they have struck a dodgy side deal with Brent regarding rent holiday.

election time is going to be fun when this comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next