Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Tom Daley  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm

knecht wrote:
Jock, there are only one or two posters on here with a distinctive style (and, thankfully you're one of them). If Angry can legitimately claim to know for sure who someone is from their style then he surely deserved an honour in the New Year's List.

ATD gives a lot of grief to new posters - and on occasion deservedly so - but ATD ought to be able to take it as well. And ought to accept new people on face value until they prove otherwise. I actually know someone very well who has most certainly been no stranger to argument & banter who was greeted on here with such a traditional ATD "welcome" that they almost gave up immediately.

Nosey may prove to be a troll. He may be legit. He is welcome on here until he breaks the very loose rules that exist.

Knecht I totally know where you are coming from and I guess it means that Newell, Webb Bunney and the others have achieved something in life by disrupting this site. How do you remedy this? I've no idea but I probably read this sitemore often than anyone other than postey and Newell and I know when I see a poster that has been on here before.

Perhaps nosey could reveal if he's ever posted under another username?

Anyway Mr Parker has quickly learned how to send pm's and has demanded an apology which I have answered in my own inimitable way. Politely of course but I believe he gets the message that if I come to trust him over time I will be gracious enough to say sorry, but until then I'm sure this place is big enough for both of us to keep out of one another's way.

I'm not particularly bothered either way to be honest and one thing I'm not is a hypocrite who will apologise just for the sake of it. If Jon? isn't another wind up merchant and turns out to be a great contributor to ATD then I'm sure he will make many new friends and won't be too upset that I'm not among them.

I still think Tom Daley is w cock for agreeing to the tv show though Jon lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:
Jock, there are only one or two posters on here with a distinctive style (and, thankfully you're one of them). If Angry can legitimately claim to know for sure who someone is from their style then he surely deserved an honour in the New Year's List.

ATD gives a lot of grief to new posters - and on occasion deservedly so - but ATD ought to be able to take it as well. And ought to accept new people on face value until they prove otherwise. I actually know someone very well who has most certainly been no stranger to argument & banter who was greeted on here with such a traditional ATD "welcome" that they almost gave up immediately.

Nosey may prove to be a troll. He may be legit. He is welcome on here until he breaks the very loose rules that exist.

Knecht I totally know where you are coming from and I guess it means that Newell, Webb Bunney and the others have achieved something in life by disrupting this site. How do you remedy this? I've no idea but I probably read this sitemore often than anyone other than postey and Newell and I know when I see a poster that has been on here before.

Anyway Mr Parker has quickly learned how to send pm's and has demanded an apology which I have answered in my own inimitable way. Politely of course but I believe he gets the message that if I come to trust him over time I will be gracious enough to say sorry, but until then I'm sure this place is big enough for both of us to keep out of one another's way.

I'm not particularly bothered either way to be honest and one thing I'm not is a hypocrite who will apologise just for the sake of it. If Jon? isn't another wind up merchant and turns out to be a great contributor to ATD then I'm sure he will make many new friends and won't be too upset that I'm not among them.

I gave 'Jon' the benefit of the doubt initially ..................... but he is a trouble making w@nker of the Pasoti control group variety.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

I gave 'Jon' the benefit of the doubt initially ..................... but he is a trouble making w@nker of the Pasoti control group variety.

He does seem to come across as being very pious.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Surely it is the fucktards that watch the shite telly like splash that need berating? Tom Daley is cashing in, so what? More concerned about the saviours of our club picking the last of the meat off the carcasse to be honest. At least Daley is good at something, if any of you wankers think that getting a bronze in the Olympics is failing then you are so thick then me telling you different isn't going to help is it?

I don't think he's a failure Iggy, but I don't think he will realise his full potential if he carries on with all the media crap. When your main rivals are Chinese you can be absolutely sure that they will be practicing day and night and not spending more time in front of the cameras.

And so what if he is cashing in? So what if Brent is cashing in then, or Webby and Newell?

I reckon Daley has 5 years left at the top in diving which is 2 Olympic games tops. I know that if I were in his position my goal in life would be to get at least one gold to be able to say I was the best at what I do. It's the ultimate pinnacle for sportsmen and women and some of them are more concerned about making money.

If Daley was cashing in on the club I would call him a Cnut but he isn't he's cashing in on himself, if Nool was to have his own tv show I would say good luck to him, it would keep him away from the trough as well. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Some sort of Osbornes scene but set in Plymouth. I'd watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:18 pm

So who watched Splash lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What the feck do I know though?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

They have done little but talk about it and Pammy getting chucked off some ice skating mullarky on t'radio, I would rather watch Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Greenjock wrote:

It was the biggest pile of shite ive watched in a long time
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

It was the biggest pile of shite ive watched in a long time

Have to agree Punch and I only managed to watch the opening couple of minutes! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

It was an abortion of a tv show.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Shame there was water in the pool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 pm

i hadnt seen celebs hit a swimming pool like that since barrymores last party.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:47 am

did not watch it, better thing to do.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 am

Tgwu wrote:

bit like Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 am

pepsipete wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

bit like Argyle.

Yes that is where I go to sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

wwwdorthisisplymouth.co.uk/Fear-Tom-Daley-quit-diving-criticism-TV-work/story-17803027-detail/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FFS this 7 day thing is crap can it not be shorten?

He deserves the stick too imo he is a sportsman not a celeb oh and he won bronze too not gold Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:50 am

I was forced to watch this abomination of a television programme yesterday. It features Vernon Kaye and Eddie The Eagle Edwards and Jo Brand. It involves people who look vaguely familiar falling into a pool. It's truly awful.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:35 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

and you Sir, are an ex pat deserter of our glorious country and should be taken off this forum for pretending to be an argyle supporter! Perhaps Limassol United have a team?

Just sayin!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

and you Sir, are an ex pat deserter of our glorious country and should be taken off this forum for pretending to be an argyle supporter! Perhaps Limassol United have a team?

I do know a few people who moved to Pernera and support Aris Limassol FC not Limassol United who plays in Green and white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

I really can't see what the problem is with Thomas making a few quid. His Coach has said that it does not interfere with his training and he is training as hard as ever. It is his business and nobody else's how he spend his free time and if that is making a crap TV programme and getting paid for it then so what.

I love the patronising comments about his success or supposed lack of it in some eyes. He has been a World Champion and has won an Olympic medal even if it was bronze. This scoffing at him looks just a tad green with envy to me even if this site is connected to something green already. The number of people on here who have been a World Champion at anything at all is..........? The number of Olympic medals won by these same people are.........? Zilch, zero, none whatsoever. Maybe if some trained as hard as he must have had to do giving up parts of his childhood to do it then maybe just maybe they might have come tenth in the Plymouth and District league of tiddlywinks.

If you don't like the TV programme he is doing then don't watch it. It really is that simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:06 pm

they should give you a postbox your that much of an arsekisser SG lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Like I said sensible, maybe it's because I'm not from Plymouth that I don't worship the ground Tom Daley walks on. Yes he's done extremely well at a young age for most sports, but in diving he's no child prodigy so he can't keep playing that card.

Bollocks does his media work not interfere with his training, even the GB swimming and diving performance director said so this week only to be told off by mummy for picking on Tom who's had a really hard time at all these photoshoots and tv appearances.

He comes across as a cock, whatever age he is or where he's from. He might grow out of it he might not but he's an adult now so big enough to take the criticism as well as the dollar.

If he was doing something useful I would praise him for it, but he's not, he's a media whore and a sell out and my guess is he won't reach the same heights again in his diving career which will be a real shame and waste of talent as it will just mean another tw@t competing with Vernon, davina, Dale and the others for the job of hosting this inane bucket of shit type programme for longer.

Jealousy? Not from me, but anger that someone who has so much potential would rather take the easy route to fame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 pm

But so what if he is all the things you say he is Jock. It's up to him and nobody is forced to watch him do anything. His Coach, who probably knows a bit more than you and me says he is not letting anything get in the way of training so who is more qualified to comment.

It's got nothing to do with arselicking or the fact he comes from Plymouth. He is entitled to make a living out of his fame as is anyone else in the media spotlight. If people don't like him then don't watch him. I haven't seen the show and to be fair I don't go in for any of the famous doing ice skating or come dancing or anything else for that matter. Nearly all of the sports people who become famous for something do media work or would like to. Best of luck to him if some mug is prepared to pay him big bucks as a reward. No doubt his parents paid a lot out of their own pockets previously to get him where he is and this is just a bit of payback. I just can't see why he is being slaughtered for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Each to their own then SG. Personally I just think if people like him turned down these things then there might be a chance for some talented people to make TV shows and there might be the opportunity for real musicians instead of these auto-tuned glorified Karaoke singers with their fake tans and whitened teeth who youngsters aspire to be like.

Kids might go outside and play sports every now and again and British kids might get the chance with British clubs.

If he was presenting a show about the history of Plymouth or something interesting in his spare time it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't see that he is going to be as hungry to succeed as a sportsman if ITV are bunging him sackfuls of cash to do crap like Splash.

As I've said maybe it's just me then and fake tanned reality show stars are what everyone wants to see and if he isn't putting in the hard work that his rivals are, at least there will always be Big Brother and Strictly Come Dancing for him as well as all the magazine shoots.

David Beckham is leading the way as a role model for the kids, but in ten years time a new darling will be needed and young Tom has already got a head start on his rivals.

I wouldn't mind so much once he's finished competing, plenty of work available for pundits on sports shows like Gary Lineker, but like Lineker or not at least he played at the very top and wasn't distracted by anything like TV shows or crisps adverts and waited until his playing career was over.

Tom Daley might not be dazzled by the bright lights and mingling with the other beautiful people. It would be a hell of a shame for him to turn out like George Best or Gazza who fecked their lives and careers up by wanting the high life while others were being sensible.

One of the saddest statistics you could ever hear is that our Warren Feeney gained 10 more caps for N.Ireland than George Best. That might be totally irrelevant, but I could imagine George Best doing a similar show to Splash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

He is the modern day sharron davies. But in his defence he earnt his medal sharron got hers thanks to the soviet boycot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Daley
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next