mouldyoldgoat
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Tom Daley  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Surely it is the fucktards that watch the shite telly like splash that need berating? Tom Daley is cashing in, so what? More concerned about the saviours of our club picking the last of the meat off the carcasse to be honest. At least Daley is good at something, if any of you wankers think that getting a bronze in the Olympics is failing then you are so thick then me telling you different isn't going to help is it?
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Iggy wrote:
Surely it is the fucktards that watch the shite telly like splash that need berating? Tom Daley is cashing in, so what? More concerned about the saviours of our club picking the last of the meat off the carcasse to be honest. At least Daley is good at something, if any of you wankers think that getting a bronze in the Olympics is failing then you are so thick then me telling you different isn't going to help is it?
He luv's getting bronzed though Iggy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Tom Daley is an outstanding talent with a whole lot on his shoulders for such a young age. Typical janner attitude (hating anyone with a remote amount of talent)

Personally I am proud of the lad for what he has achieved and you nasty so & so's should climb back in your box and hang your heads in shame.

Jeez, I'm gobsmacked!!!

Ok so like I've already said he's a great talent. Only of the top 5 or so divers in the world.

He did really well in the Olympics to grab a bronze medal, admittedly after one of the Chinese divers completely fluffed one of their last few dives, and he won two golds at the World junior championships as well.

Now that he is 18 he won't be able to compete in the junior championships anymore so it will be the main events all the way. Diving is similar to gymnastics in that the best competitors are usually quite young, so at 18 he isn't some kind of child prodigy, it's just that diving has never really been a sport many people take notice of.

I don't hate Tom Daley, I don't know him. What I do know is that he has not been shy when it comes to publicising himself and he was described as the pin up boy of the London Olympics, where Jess Ennis, who won gold, was undeniably the pin up girl. There was a huge poster draped outside John Lewis of Tom Daley for the duration of the games and you could not switch on a TV or pick up a magazine without seeing his gleaming white teeth staring back at you.

Jess Ennis was the same. Every magazine and every TV show had her on it, but the difference for me is that she won gold. She was also the World and European champion, expected to win and did the business despite all of the distractions.

I don't see Jess Ennis signing up for a reality show where she teaches Chris Moyles and some wanker from Big Brother how to do the hurdles or javelin.

Maybe it's because he's just a young lad at 18, or maybe he's greedy? Who knows? I'd like to think it's a sign that Jess Ennis is too professional to fuckass around on a show like Splash when she is almost certainly in training for the World Championships in 2013.

Maybe because I'm not from Plymouth I dont "get it". To be honest I think that a city the size of Plymouth has spectacularly underachieved over the years when it comes to sportsmen and women. Sharron Davies, Trevor Francis and Tom Daley in my opinion is a pretty piss poor return for such a big city over the years.

Maybe it's just me who can't stand the instant celebrity culture these days, and you will all be glued to your TV sets on Saturday night applauding the local boy done quite good? I just think that if people like Tom Daley turned around and laughed at these kind of TV shows then the writers, producers etc would have to actually try using their brains instead of just coming up with another crock of shit like Strictly, Splash and whatever that Ice skating show is called, and if enough people turned off shit like X-Factor and the Voice, then there might be some real talented musicians given a chance to shine instead of these fake-tanned glorified karaoke singers.

Sex sells though, so no matter how old the girls and boys are who are parading around like sex symbols at 14, with the British public lapping it up. Simon Cowell is a genius with a fake tan and gleaming white teeth so who wouldn't want to look like him and be famous for their 15 minutes?

Let's just hope Tom Daley works as hard, actually slightly harder next time, than the divers who took silver and gold, and he puts his media career on hold and concentrates on his undoubted talent.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:11 pm

A back-pedal that Sir Bradley would be proud of!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Iggy wrote:

I don't think he's a failure Iggy, but I don't think he will realise his full potential if he carries on with all the media crap. When your main rivals are Chinese you can be absolutely sure that they will be practicing day and night and not spending more time in front of the cameras.

And so what if he is cashing in? So what if Brent is cashing in then, or Webby and Newell?

I reckon Daley has 5 years left at the top in diving which is 2 Olympic games tops. I know that if I were in his position my goal in life would be to get at least one gold to be able to say I was the best at what I do. It's the ultimate pinnacle for sportsmen and women and some of them are more concerned about making money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
A back-pedal that Sir Bradley would be proud of!

What by me? You think I would sell out just to please you? I would rather watch Splash with the cast of Geordie Shore you cocksucker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:25 pm

was expecting far more than that mild respone from you jock, I was sat here waiting for a high level of direct abuse to be well aimed. You're slipping mate. lol!
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

I simply put an inane and ridiculous comment to irritate you. I succeeded I am pleased to say

That is simply what has been done to me since I started posting so thought id do the same!

(Still a back pedal)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Mods if you dont start to crack down on these multiple accounts im off as its getting fecking ridiculous,

Which multis are they angry? Please give us mere mortal mods the benefit of your expertise. We have a number of multis on here which we know about and a number of accounts which we suspect may be ones. We have suspected trolls on here as well but until these posters do something wrong, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. ATD is constantly under attack by others intent on harming the site. We need new posters to keep the site fresh and posters accusing every newbie of being a troll, dane, IJN, prez or one of their bitches does not help our cause and quite frankly makes ATD no better than pasoti!

Pm the mods with concrete evidence or give it a rest!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
I simply put an inane and ridiculous comment to irritate you. I succeeded I am pleased to say

That is simply what has been done to me since I started posting so thought id do the same!

(Still a back pedal)

You've been a mild irritation since you started posting to be honest, but not half as irritating as you would like to think you are Very Happy

You get your kicks signing up to ATD every month or so and thinking up new names, professions and life stories, but you just can't hide the similarities in all of your aliases style of posting. Due to me being at home constantly I have a lot of time on my hands so I see your accounts come and go. Start off friendly and saying all the things you think the posters on here want to hear, but when it becomes obvious that you are not who you claim to be you get the same old comments from most people, and this leads to you saying the same old thing over and over again until eventually you let the mask slip completely and you start with the insults.

The account gets suspended and you go away chuckling until you come up with another hilarious character. Personally speaking I used to bite and give you loads of abuse, but now I just think of you as a sad sexual deviant who sits there wanking with your thumb up your ass over ATD. I'm actually glad to be of service and if it saves you hiring an oiled young man with a car battery and leads every now and again, then I'm thinking of asking for a donation of say 25% of what it normally costs for you to pop your cork. Sounds fair enough to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:

(Still a back pedal)

You've been a mild irritation since you started posting to be honest, but not half as irritating as you would like to think you are Very Happy

You get your kicks signing up to ATD every month or so and thinking up new names, professions and life stories, but you just can't hide the similarities in all of your aliases style of posting. Due to me being at home constantly I have a lot of time on my hands so I see your accounts come and go. Start off friendly and saying all the things you think the posters on here want to hear, but when it becomes obvious that you are not who you claim to be you get the same old comments from most people, and this leads to you saying the same old thing over and over again until eventually you let the mask slip completely and you start with the insults.

The account gets suspended and you go away chuckling until you come up with another hilarious character. Personally speaking I used to bite and give you loads of abuse, but now I just think of you as a sad sexual deviant who sits there wanking with your thumb up your ass over ATD. I'm actually glad to be of service and if it saves you hiring an oiled young man with a car battery and leads every now and again, then I'm thinking of asking for a donation of say 25% of what it normally costs for you to pop your cork. Sounds fair enough to me.

he is thick as shit if he thinks no one knows who he is even if our mod team are blind to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Before another new user is hounded off the forum Noseyparker is NOT a multi and is certainly not Dane feckin Bunney or Cerbs.

Nosey has provided me and with that the other mods proof of who he is and there is no reason whatsoever for him to be doubted.

A recent IP trace backs up his proof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Before another new user is hounded off the forum Noseyparker is NOT a multi and is certainly not Dane feckin Bunney or Cerbs.

Nosey has provided me and with that the other mods proof of who he is and there is no reason whatsoever for him to be doubted.

A recent IP trace backs up his proof.

cheers cheers cheers

He's just a cnut then lol!
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Mods if you dont start to crack down on these multiple accounts im off as its getting fecking ridiculous,

Which multis are they angry? Please give us mere mortal mods the benefit of your expertise. We have a number of multis on here which we know about and a number of accounts which we suspect may be ones. We have suspected trolls on here as well but until these posters do something wrong, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. ATD is constantly under attack by others intent on harming the site. We need new posters to keep the site fresh and posters accusing every newbie of being a troll, dane, IJN, prez or one of their bitches does not help our cause and quite frankly makes ATD no better than pasoti!

Thank you for that post. In all seriousness, these people are no more than bully boys (or girls) and my attitude is now 100% more hostile toward people than they were when I joined. I have no desire to justify to these people who I am but am amazed at how awful people are treated on here. If this was a "factory floor" then the perpetrators of the bullying tactics would be down the road years ago.

Once again thank you for highlighting the hostility of these people and I hope they think before heaping their vile poison onto entirely innocent and decent people in the future

Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Just one question comes to mind on the Tom Daley controversy-why the feck are people arguing about him and his tan on an Argyle website? scratch
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Greenskin... degrees of seperation, I think?

Daley - Plymouth - Postbox - Webby - Argyle - ATD ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Read his posts does it remind you of someone? does someone not have previous for posting in this manner? ffs if you cant spot the obvious when its in your face its no wonder this place is so easy to hack.

Ill give it a week before his mask slips. Faking email addresses and IP isnt hard you know. But im not going to be on here to say i told you so im off. See you all later people support your club and fight the 3 stooges every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Bye!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
I rest my case.

Tis only a bit of banter Jon. If you're offended now whatever you do don't look at my posting history lol!

I've told much nicer people than you to go feck yourself, and much bigger tossers. If the mods are satisfied you're a standup guy then fair enough. I still find it too much of a coincidence that your posting style is a mirror image of countless other posters on here who thrived on pretending to be something or someone they are not.

As someone once said, ATD could be a nice little site if you got rid of Tring, Rickler and 101 accounts who all seem to be the same sad tw@t getting a hard on over me lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Burp ! Just in from the pub.Have the bears not been hunted to extinction ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Bye!

Golly. It seems you've driven someone to deletion.

You do realise that you're the cause. AoM leaving, is the effect

You now have to assume the persona of Angry of Mayfair.

Do you like the 'larger lady'?
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm

I am guilty of sticking up for myself old chap, no more, no less. Wouldn't you do the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Jock, there are only one or two posters on here with a distinctive style (and, thankfully you're one of them). If Angry can legitimately claim to know for sure who someone is from their style then he surely deserved an honour in the New Year's List.

ATD gives a lot of grief to new posters - and on occasion deservedly so - but ATD ought to be able to take it as well. And ought to accept new people on face value until they prove otherwise. I actually know someone very well who has most certainly been no stranger to argument & banter who was greeted on here with such a traditional ATD "welcome" that they almost gave up immediately.

Nosey may prove to be a troll. He may be legit. He is welcome on here until he breaks the very loose rules that exist.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Greenskin... degrees of seperation, I think?

Daley - Plymouth - Postbox - Webby - Argyle - ATD ??

Thanks Ricks,so obvious now! Very Happy Threads have been known to drift off topic on ATD before [aided and abetted by myself at times, it must be said] but this one must already be a shoe in for next years "Threads which drifted off topic the most" award.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Daley
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next