Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  Empty
PostSubject: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:14 pm

The final score was 1 0 to Torquay, perhaps a little unfair on Argyle who dominated large periods of the game, but the gulls scored a stunning goal, in a game watched by around 250 (maybe less).

Some thoughts on players of interest

Christian Walton: 2 brilliant saves in the first half and some decent catches, nearly did a Robert Green when the ball rolled under him in the second half but luckily it went out.
Jamie Richards: Thought he was pretty poor, won nothing in the air and everything he did seemed to go wrong, looked better when charging up the pitch
Paul Bignot: Thought he had a solid game against a decent Torquay winger, taken off on about 60 minutes but I thought he did well today.
Jordan Berry: Came on for Bignot, looked confident on the ball and made some great slide tackles, impressed with him.
Curtis Nelson: He was captain today, had a solid match, won everything in the air, looked calm and composed, looked like last seasons Nelson
Luke Daley: Brilliant, some great forward runs, could easily beat his man and delivered a cross, got up twice after being badly targeted and fouled by the Torquay defenders
Luke Young: Did a good job, taken off later in the match, had a free kick well saved, looks SO MUCH better in the middle
Soukouna: My man of the match, thought he did well to hold up the ball when needed and his passing was spot on, he went on a couple of forward charges and beat his man, 30 yard effort went just wide.
Copp: Came on for Young, didn't see much from him but he didn't really do anything wrong, he's looked good in other matches, promising player
Harper-Penman: He certainly has the confidence to run at his man, spend most of the game on the left, did well to cut inside and not scared to shoot
Feeney: Good today, had a shot just over from the edge of the area and used his strength to beat his man, looked very useful in the box
Sims: Didn't see him on the ball much, played just behind Feeney, I think he had a shot from inside the box saved but thats all I can say
Lecointe: Looked brilliant today when he came on, his first touch was good,he showed a lot of pace and had a one on one well saved later in the game.

We were not that bad and the lads worked well together, Daley and Soukouna being the stand out players.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks Cobi. It's slightly encouraging that we have a big enough squad not to have all the youngsters pressed into first team service. That said there must be scope for shuffling the midfield to give Young and Soukouna another shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Thanks Cobi. It's slightly encouraging that we have a big enough squad not to have all the youngsters pressed into first team service. That said there must be scope for shuffling the midfield to give Young and Soukouna another shot.

Yep I agree, I would rather have Young or Soukouna in the side than that unfit lump Walton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm

I cant see the hype about Young to be fair, local boy ? apart from one or two games the rest of the time ive seen him he has been distinctly average
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I cant see the hype about Young to be fair, local boy ? apart from one or two games the rest of the time ive seen him he has been distinctly average

Young is overrated slightly, he's average in the first team, he's not the god people make him out to be, but one thing that is true, he looks 10 times better when hes playing in the middle.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Interesting about Walton - there's a bit of talk about having England potential within the club. Also, am I right in thinking he's related to Simon??

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)     torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)  Empty

Back to top Go down

torquay match (daley and soukouna best players)
Page 1 of 1