seadog
mouldyoldgoat
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Tom Daley  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What a shower of wankers. He is just a kid who has done more in achievement than all on here put together in terms of a sport. Most on here wouldn't even dive off the board he does let alone win something for doing it. Sad old feckers with a gripe against a lad who has at least succeeded in something previously. Give the kid a break and remember he is just that, a kid.

Thats a bit harsh Sensible Aviva.

What about all the "Kids" his age that have had to endure Afghanistan, do they get a postbox?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:32 pm

The trouble is the way people carry themselves, not success per se... most people are happy to see a dedicated sports person do the best they can, and I'll be happy for the lad if he eventually gets his gold. I very much doubt he will though, the Chinese are a class apart.
But just look at the difference between Tom Daley and Wiggins.... no controversy where Wiggo is concerned. Wiggo knows how to behave and how not to appear a fool. All the difference in the world, just as there is all the difference in the world between the two sportsman's achievements to date. Like it or not many sports youngsters go down the route of celeb hood at the expense of their sport ... it's nothing new. I don't think Daley's cause was helped by moving schools with complaints ringing about ex school buddies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:35 pm

We are talking about sport not war punchdrunk and nobody is decrying the youngsters who go to such places as Afghanistan. Picking fault in a teenager for being good at what he does just because the media like him stinks of jealousy and sounds pathetically sad. Wiggins is an adult whereas Daley is a mere boy in comparison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Penzance wrote:
The trouble is the way people carry themselves, not success per se... most people are happy to see a dedicated sports person do the best they can, and I'll be happy for the lad if he eventually gets his gold. I very much doubt he will though, the Chinese are a class apart.
But just look at the difference between Tom Daley and Wiggins.... no controversy where Wiggo is concerned. Wiggo knows how to behave and how not to appear a fool. All the difference in the world, just as there is all the difference in the world between the two sportsman's achievements to date. Like it or not many sports youngsters go down the route of celeb hood at the expense of their sport ... it's nothing new. I don't think Daley's cause was helped by moving schools with complaints ringing about ex school buddies.

Not Sure on that one Penz, perhaps someone should tell wiggo that hanging around with Weller is a bit contrived!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Truth is alway painful isn't it Pussycat of Mayfair. Didn't your mummy ever tell you that jealousy is a coat best worn in private because worn publicly it makes you ugly and sound needy of an audience when you speak.

no i still think and feel the same towards him i just dont like you Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm not picking holes in him for what he is good at, I'm picking holes in twats watching tv shows like splash ffs. Any respect or admiration I had for him as a sportsman went out of the window a long time ago.

He's the new Beckham. Another fucktard who is built up as something amazing but in truth he gets signed for his off field value rather than his footballing ability. There is no bigger whore than Beckham but Tom Daley appears to be in line to run him close.

I have nothing but admiration for Bradley Wiggins and what he has achieved but if he had fecked around as much as Daley appearing on every tv show, in every magazine, he wouldn't have won the tour de France. When Tom Daley puts in asmuch effort and actually wins gold then I will admire him as well.

And if Bradley Wiggins brought out a record like a cover of Queens bicycle song I would slate him as well, but I don't think Wiggins is as big a pratt as Tom Daley.

And you're right sensible, I'm really jealous that I'm not going to be on splash with Joey Essex and some other halfwits like Kris Akabusi or John Fashanu who I should also admire for their sporting prowess.

It's wankers like Tom Daley who encourage kids to aspire to be on big brother ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Wiggo is nothing like Tom Daley. Too right it's contrived, his suit at the BBC do was a hoot ... almost an icon outta Quadraphenia... great stuff. He carries it all with a little style and a lot of irony... he does his own thing, not what some tv PR man suggests.
He's bold and brash, he doesn't suffer fools, he speaks plain enough and is not precious. AND he's the Tour de France champ AND a multi gold medalist to boot.

Yes, I know he's a pro earning millions and has no need to paint himself orange and go all reality tv, but them's the breaks.

I guess the problem deep down is that so many of the Olympic and swimming sports are like watching grass grow ... there's just little to no spectator interest for these sports in a money sense. So, in step the corporations and circus people to try and make something out of nothing. A lot of people aren't into that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:57 pm

And I care how? I know I'm loveable and that you just can't afford me.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 am

GOB wrote:
Hate to be unpopular but I was quite pleased to see a Janner do pretty well in the Olympics.

Well said! Sadly a Plymouth trait is to criticise and bring down people who do well that are from Plymouth.

Incredible comments about a lad who is the best sportsman to come out of this city for years. Hang your heads in shame gentlemen for some of the comments made about him
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am

Greenjock wrote:
I'm not picking holes in him for what he is good at, I'm picking holes in twats watching tv shows like splash ffs. Any respect or admiration I had for him as a sportsman went out of the window a long time ago.

He's the new Beckham. Another fucktard who is built up as something amazing but in truth he gets signed for his off field value rather than his footballing ability. There is no bigger whore than Beckham but Tom Daley appears to be in line to run him close.

I have nothing but admiration for Bradley Wiggins and what he has achieved but if he had fecked around as much as Daley appearing on every tv show, in every magazine, he wouldn't have won the tour de France. When Tom Daley puts in asmuch effort and actually wins gold then I will admire him as well.

And if Bradley Wiggins brought out a record like a cover of Queens bicycle song I would slate him as well, but I don't think Wiggins is as big a pratt as Tom Daley.

And you're right sensible, I'm really jealous that I'm not going to be on splash with Joey Essex and some other halfwits like Kris Akabusi or John Fashanu who I should also admire for their sporting prowess.

It's wankers like Tom Daley who encourage kids to aspire to be on big brother ffs.

Wow, just wow! I can't say anything else other than "wow"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 am

Noseyparker wrote:
GOB wrote:
Hate to be unpopular but I was quite pleased to see a Janner do pretty well in the Olympics.

Well said! Sadly a Plymouth trait is to criticise and bring down people who do well that are from Plymouth.

Incredible comments about a lad who is the best sportsman to come out of this city for years. Hang your heads in shame gentlemen for some of the comments made about him

you still here pretending to be someone your not?
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
GOB wrote:

you still here pretending to be someone your not?

Haha, are u still being cynical, angry & generally horrible?

Hang on, I'll answer that. YES!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 am

Noseyparker wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Wow, just wow! I can't say anything else other than "wow"

Lost your tongue all of a sudden? So tell me Noseyparker, will you be watching Splash next Saturday? Tuning in to see which TOWIE or Geordie Shore super celebrities will be gracing our screens with their talent?

Tom Daley is being advised by some shark who knows that even winning Gold in 2016 won't make an ounce of difference to his worth as a "celebrity" in fact what might be even better for his career is to get injured in the run up to the Olympics and break down live on TV, mentioning his recently deceased father. The fuckwits who watch X-Factor, Big Brother, I'm a celebrity etc will lap it up.

My prediction is that Tom Daley, if he even bothers training hard for the Rio Olympics, will finish worse than 3rd next time around, or he will have realised long before then that he can't be fecked to put in all that effort when there are TV shows like Splash available to him, and will retire from competition citing an injury.

I hope I'm wrong but it's how I see it. Too many people today famous for being famous. Not an inkling of talent on show, but a great smile and looks good with an orange tan, which is what all the 11 yr old girlies aspire to have now. Parents spray tanning their kids and paying fortunes for teeth whitening, but can't afford to send them to University? All because of people like Jade fuckin Goody, and the idiots who watch these cnuts do feck all and rake in millions.

Am I jealous? No not one bit, but I am fed up of shit like this on TV constantly. I wish someone would do something about it and try to get quality programmes made by people with talent. Writers given a chance to come up with great drama's or investigative documentary's that open viewers eyes to some of the wonders of the world or the atrocities that occur every day.

Instead we have lazy bastard TV companies who know it is easy and cheaper to have these ex-reality show stars on another reality show, whilst the camera focuses on Tom Daley backside, which by the way is a bit sick seeing as he's 16, no matter what your sexual orientation is.

I've been watching repeats of Clocking Off recently. A brilliant drama series about ordinary people who work in a factory. It was co-written by the guy who wrote Shameless and many of the writers went on to write The Street, another great British drama series. How sad is it that this is the best thing I can find to watch on my 150+ channels? A repeat of a series from 1999.

The best drama's out there at the moment are not British. The writers are not given a chance when they are up against these Z list "celebrities" who would jump into a tank full of horse shit if it kept them in the public eye for another week.

It keeps getting reported that Tom Daley has fecked off all his former mates now that he's a big star. Well I hope that some of these former mates of his go on to become doctors and do something useful with the talent they have, and put in hard work to get there, or become the next Beatles or Stones with some brilliantly written songs about their life in Plymouth. Plenty of bands like The Arctic Monkeys have written about everyday life in their homeown and Jake Bugg is doing it right now, writing his own songs about living on a big housing estate in Nottingham and the everyday things that really affect his life.

If your musical persuasion is JLS or One Direction, Matt Cardle or whichever new Simon Cowell inspired "star" is flavour of the month, then I'm sure you will enjoy Splash and watching a bronzed 16 year old boy climbing out of the pool alongside an ex-Eastenders actress in his budgie smugglers, while in China the divers who beat Daley this year are working on the routines that will beat him time and time again.

I know which route I would take if I had the talent that Tom Daley has. I just hope some fucker gives him a good shake sooner rather than later and talks some sense into him before he agrees to do another pile of crap TV show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
We are talking about sport not war punchdrunk and nobody is decrying the youngsters who go to such places as Afghanistan. Picking fault in a teenager for being good at what he does just because the media like him stinks of jealousy and sounds pathetically sad. Wiggins is an adult whereas Daley is a mere boy in comparison.

.........and lost his father at a vunerable age...........extra pressure to do well for his old man.......keep trying Tom......there are some callous sods on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Yup you keep raking in the appearance money from dogshit tv shows Tom, Plymouths proud of you! A role model to the fake tan teenagers of swilly.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Quote :
Tom Daley is being advised by some shark

The programme on Tom Daley featured the fella behind the scenes who runs Team Tom. Not someone you could easily fall in love with. I suspect he's all over this kind of thing. Keen as mustard for his 25% no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Tom Daley is an outstanding talent with a whole lot on his shoulders for such a young age. Typical janner attitude (hating anyone with a remote amount of talent)

Personally I am proud of the lad for what he has achieved and you nasty so & so's should climb back in your box and hang your heads in shame.

Jeez, I'm gobsmacked!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Mods if you dont start to crack down on these multiple accounts im off as its getting fecking ridiculous,
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Which one of me are you talking to? Oh, do me a favour?

Close the door on the way out please?

#cretin
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Mods if you dont start to crack down on these multiple accounts im off as its getting fecking ridiculous,

There is help out there Mr Angry. All you have to do is ask........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Gosh Nosey, with your incisive thought and cutting wit, why has it taken so long to give the ATD congregation the benefit of your presence?
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Well by all accounts I have been on here for years in many guises!

Thank you for your kinds comments with regard to my wit, I accept them in the spirit they were given
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Are you related to Paul or Scott?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tom Daley    Tom Daley  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm