FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Even if by some freak accident of nature we won this afternoon..

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

The interview with James Brent before the game today on Radio Devon was interesting. He is clearly standing by Fletcher. He again said words to the effect that he dislikes the aspect of the game where managers are sacked far too quickly. I've got a lot of sympathy with that. The trouble is do you count the last four games, this season so far or the whole of Fletcher's tenure? I was prepared to give Fletcher time but I think it has run out.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Some managers are sacked far too quickly. Some good managers too. Carl the clueless, however, cannot be described as a 'manager'. He is in a job he clearly cannot do. It would not be a sacking in the traditional sense, more of a terrible mistake being rectified.
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 pm

amen to that freathy, i dont know what fletcher is but i know what he isn;t a fookin football manager,
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:52 pm

After today i still say get the useles tw@t out
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Agree with you punchy. Today makes no difference to my opinion. All it showed was that when the lads aren't under pressure (no one thought we'd win or draw today) they can play football.

Fletch is a nice loyal guy but its time for a change. That said in Brent's view today has probably brought fletch three more games.
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Agree with you punchy. Today makes no difference to my opinion. All it showed was that when the lads aren't under pressure (no one thought we'd win or draw today) they can play football.

Fletch is a nice loyal guy but its time for a change. That said in Brent's view today has probably brought fletch three more games.

That's the problem though - we lose a couple badly, then put in a better performance. One step forward, two back. It's been like that all the way through Fletcher's time in charge. As long as he stays as manager, this is the best we can look forward to.
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:37 pm

If we lose Tuesday and Saturday I think that will be it.

A great point today, how shit does that sound? A great point at home to Gillingham ffs, but that's 1 point out of 12 and 2 tough away games next week.

1 point out of 18 and out of the FA Cup would be as bad if not worse than Reid, and at least Fletcher's had 2 transfer windows and a year to get to where Reid was.

We're 19th in League 2 and Bristol Rovers have a game in hand. It's pathetic and by the sounds of it James Brent wasn't quite so praising of Fletcher today.

Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Last season we survived because our defence was solid and we ground out results. We've now gone 15 games since we kept a clean sheet!

What's going wrong at the back? High balls into the area seem to be catching us out which is pretty basic stuff.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

flech in brent in webby in,,,,,,,,just hang on ya gready cnuts, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:00 am

Yep,still want him to go.

Thread from PASOTI STASI :-

Brent's comments re Fletcher on Radio Devon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah,Brent seems to be slightly annoyed then ??.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 am

We played some good football yesterday, and as somebody as already said it proves that certain players can step up and play well e.g Young, Bashera,Nelson and Purse played really well in particular. We manage to stop The Gills playing their usual game yesterday and we should have won, but hey we let in a late goal which is why we are 19th and they are still top.
Agree it does'nt change anything still for a lot of fans, Brent remains ill advised by discredited individuals and continues to employ a well meaning, rookie as manager with generally poor or average results, so it's still FLETCHER OUT for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:33 am

akagreengull wrote:
We played some good football yesterday, and as somebody as already said it proves that certain players can step up and play well e.g Young,Bashera,Nelson and Purse played really well in particular. We manage to stop The Gills playing their usual game yesterday and we should have won, but hey we let in a late goal which is why we are 19th and they are still top.
Agree it does'nt change anything still for a lot of fans, Brent remains ill advised by discredited individuals and continues to employ a well meaning, rookie as manager with generally poor or average results, so it's still FLETCHER OUT for me. cheers

Yeah,but Baz will be gone in January probably. It would be wise for Brent to start looking for a replacement in that area sooner rather than later..

I agree that Purse had a good game.
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I think Baz is pretty rubbish; he's a very average defender and is hardly that good when he plays in a more advanced role; most of the praise he gets seems to come from him being linked to a few Championship clubs a while ago. For me, Berry's probably our most saleable asset right now and Gurreri and Cowan-Hall could both develop into very good footballers.

Lowry looked OK and he's a defensive player and he's tall but I think we need a decent left back (I don't rate Williams that much) and we're massively exposed when Purse is out of the team too.

Griffiths up front looks poor as a target man and unless he has players supporting him, he's lost. Feeney works hard but he's not a goal threat. Young has the odd good game but he seems to have no real control over the ball.

Gilmartin was, for me, to blame for the second goal - it was flung towards the far post and he should have got to it - his kicking was poor too.

Nelson looked OK although he tends to drop far too deep and his distribution is as bad as Gilmartin's was yesterday.

Hourihane was pretty anonymous and Chadwick was his usual self when he came on.

We played OK and we have some average players but although we have 32 players on the books, our lack of depth is very obvious.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 pm

So, away for a week, 1 point from 2 home games, and nothing changes. His time is running out, it seems.

The only person who doesn't seem to see that is Brent!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm

hairy j wrote:
I think Baz is pretty rubbish; he's a very average defender and is hardly that good when he plays in a more advanced role; most of the praise he gets seems to come from him being linked to a few Championship clubs a while ago. For me, Berry's probably our most saleable asset right now and Gurreri and Cowan-Hall could both develop into very good footballers.

Lowry looked OK and he's a defensive player and he's tall but I think we need a decent left back (I don't rate Williams that much) and we're massively exposed when Purse is out of the team too.

Griffiths up front looks poor as a target man and unless he has players supporting him, he's lost. Feeney works hard but he's not a goal threat. Young has the odd good game but he seems to have no real control over the ball.

Gilmartin was, for me, to blame for the second goal - it was flung towards the far post and he should have got to it - his kicking was poor too.

Nelson looked OK although he tends to drop far too deep and his distribution is as bad as Gilmartin's was yesterday.

Hourihane was pretty anonymous and Chadwick was his usual self when he came on.

We played OK and we have some average players but although we have 32 players on the books, our lack of depth is very obvious.

I think those two are both beginning to shine over recent weeks.
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 pm

hairy j wrote:
I think Baz is pretty rubbish; he's a very average defender and is hardly that good when he plays in a more advanced role; most of the praise he gets seems to come from him being linked to a few Championship clubs a while ago.

I'm right with you on that one. Baz was always a liability at full back in my estimation... always being rounded and scampering back to no avail. I guess the 'Baz is great' routine started when Warnock supposedly was interested in him. As one of the scorers of those long range away efforts that Arnasson also contributed to, they will all flatter to deceive and never play regularly in anything like a decent team.
I guess some fans need to think we have at least soome players that are lusted over, just like some spouses like to think they are still a 'player' outside of their humdrum life.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

well acording to alittle birdy you may be proved wrong in jan,,,(swfc ?)
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I think Baz is a good player, any decent attacking side has left and right backs that can motor up front and put a decent cross in, after doing that he shouldn't have to motor back because the rest of defence are too old to cover his attacking run. He would look better in a better team, but then most of our players would.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Bump Laughing
Back to top Go down

FLETCHER OUT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLETCHER OUT.   FLETCHER OUT. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Bump Laughing

There are about 20 Fletcher Out threads on ATD that could be "bumped"