mouldyoldgoat
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Dorchester Away - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 pm

We're Argyle and we'll never errrrm............ learn.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

GOB wrote:
Welcome to the dark side PP lol!

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] will be on its way Laughing pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Not a bad draw. Travelling time to Dorchester isn't too outrageous. And I suppose it's a potential live TV game on ITV - I think Dorchester are about 4th in Blue Square South so it may be viewed (by TV executives as well as a sizeable rump of opinion on ATD) as a potential shock. Add in the atmosphere that'll undoubtedly be created by a decent amount of support from the Green Army, and hey presto, Sunday lunchtime on ITV it is.

This tie will not be on the box,as there are other more interesting ties they will pick from.

**Cough**

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Yeh but, ESPN...that isn't really ON TV is it. Even me who has everything cancelled that years ago.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 am

£63000 in broadcasting fees to Argyle
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

Is it November? For some reason I thought it was much later than that.

Euff.

Not sure I can afford it.

Unless my accumulators in the meantime win. Lul.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:28 am

Sunday Nov 4th Mock.

You get ESPN free with Virgins main TV package.

Being shown live on the Sunday afternoon makes it much harder for me to go Crying or Very sad On the plus side they have given Argyle over 2000 tickets.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 pm

I expect that the GT will be offering a £5 ticket to watch the match on the big screen with a free pastie and a pint at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Dont you think thats good value?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I think you're being a bit over-sensitive there Damon. I don't see any criticism, just a statement about a potential event.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Dont you think thats good value?

The last time I went to one they ran out of pasties, I like the GT but not to pay Mr Brent bills.

Good place to watch it is on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Guess you`re right Andy. No real reason to be over sensitive defending the GTs on this site tho is there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Some posters on this site are prepared to put questions to and about the Gts in public. I don't see anything wrong with that. I also don't believe that the Gt's have anything to hide; I do think a bit more openness would be helpful. You also know that I, like many others, feel that the responsibility for accelerating payments for the unpaid staff should lie with Brent and not the fans via the GTs. I, and many others want the GTs to get back to their original mission statement of helping the club with the 'extras' that will improve the club.

If the GT's did put on a do on the sunday afternoon of the FA Cup game I would guess that it would be well attended and a success. I intend to be at Dorchester instead.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Lighten up up Damon, most on here know and appreciate the fine work the GTs do.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 pm

My last post was somewhat tongue in cheek Andy!

I know that most posters on ATD are fair and open minded and in general are supportive of the GTs. I also dont have a problem with them wanting to ask questions, and where I know the answers I have tried to answer them. Speaking as an individual I have sympathy with those who hold the position of not supporting the GTs as they feel Brent should be paying the bills of the club. But he isnt and people have suffered and I will continue to hold the view that it is more important to help those who need it than to hold the moral high ground.

Just one point I think is important to add - the proceeds of a number of GT initiatives are now going to assist the Football in the Community department. The Ladies, Disability and Schools teams are now under one roof and FitC is working closely with the GTs on a number of fundraising efforts. I think its important that the GTs make people aware of individual events where the proceeds are not going to the accelerated staff fund as some people may support one cause but not the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Maybe if one of the high profile GT'S wasn't such a well known trouble-maker who is forever causing problems for posters on this site Damon, the rest of you might not get included in the skepticism.

When the GT'S get mentioned I for one invariably think of one person, as he seems to be the unofficial mouthpiece or chief.

Another good friend of yours Lee Jameson walks into a place on the PASB after his role in deepthroat, which also involved at least on green taverner, so excuse me if I don't heap praise on your group either.

Your "groupie" as labelled by the chief, was named as the person making threats against me and my family. The club president also named the same person as the culprit. The reason given? He almost certainly overheard the GT'S talking about me and decided off his own back to get me.

I'm flattered you sit around talking about me but it does suggest that fundraising isn't all that goes on within the group.

Then again I suppose the chief who told me all this was misquoted? Or I'm lying? Like I'm lying about the chief and the club president telling me several times it was Tony Hooper who was hired by your pal Lee to snoop on me, yet you all seem to get along like a house on fire.

Methinks there is a lot more than fundraising that goes on within the GT'S.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:02 pm

On the whole, I don't think you need to defend the GTs, Damon.

I appreciate the information you do post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh and the chief also said that your groupie also threatened Andy for the same reason. That the GT'S don't like him and must have been discussing this so again your young friend took it upon himself to make up an account under the name greenman to threaten and abuse Andy.

All another misunderstanding I suppose?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm

knecht wrote:

I agree, thanks Damon, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 pm

I havent got a clue what you're on about Jock. Who is the Chief? Who is the Groupie? Which young friend?

I must be so out of the loop here - you, private investigators, Andy, greenman - I have never sat in one GT meeting and heard anything about any of it. We normally drink beer, eat pasties and try and raise money.

Like any group the GTs is made up of individuals. I know some GTs dont like me posting on here but i do, and as long as i differentiate between my own views and a GT view i dont see anything wrong with that. I hope Andy will confirm that he and I have always got on OK. We may have different political views but have never had anything even approaching an argument.

The GTs is not some kind of sinister organisation Jock. You have big issues with Ian Newell, thats no secret you make it obvious and Ian's fundraising cash goes via the GTs to the staff fund. But please dont drag the GT name into your war - too many good people have invested to much hard work and too much money for it to be tainted by your vendetta.

By the way i would love to know who Chief, Groupie and Young Friend are.

Last edited by Damon.Lenszner on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
knecht wrote:

I agree, thanks Damon, much appreciated.

same here Damon
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't trust any of the self promoting, devious dimwits.If some of those GT's are genuine they need to slow down a tad and geddon a bloody diet !

It's all so village. Dave Banana ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I don't trust any of the self promoting, devious dimwits.If some of those GT's are genuine they need to slow down a tad and geddon a bloody diet !

It speaks volumes for just how out of touch, myopic and bitter you are that you think that the GT's are self-promoting. Of all the descriptions you could have used, that one is at the very bottom of the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I havent got a clue what you're on about Jock. Who is the Chief? Who is the Groupie? Which young friend?

I must be so out of the loop here - you, private investigators, Andy, greenman - I have never sat in one GT meeting and heard anything about any of it. We normally drink beer, eat pasties and try and raise money.

Like any group the GTs is made up of individuals. I know some GTs dont like me posting on here but i do, and as long as i differentiate between my own views and a GT view i dont see anything wrong with that. I hope Andy will confirm that he and I have always got on OK. We may have different political views but have never had anything even approaching an argument.

The GTs is not some kind of sinister organisation Jock. You have big issues with Ian Newell, thats no secret you make it obvious and Ian's fundraising cash goes via the GTs to the staff fund. But please dont drag the GT name into your war - too many good people have invested to much hard work and too much money for it to be tainted by your vendetta.

By the way i would love to know who Chief, Groupie and Young Friend are.

Why is that Damon?

I would agree with the others, I have no prob with the GT's and what you posted above is good to know. As Andy, the only problem I have is regarding staff payments coming from the fans as well as an issue with one or two GT's that closed our last site etc. but then we all know that story.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

It speaks volumes for just how out of touch, myopic and bitter you are that you think that the GT's are self-promoting. Of all the descriptions you could have used, that one is at the very bottom of the list.

Geddon Symons, go join 'em. You know you want to. You can sit out back and chat with the Nool too. Charideeeeeeeeee ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorchester Away
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next