Meeting Pub for Dorchester

Go down 
+2
Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Meeting Pub for Dorchester Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am

I have this morning spoken to the owner of the Collition Club [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and have asked if we are allowed to use his facilities on Saturday 21st July.

He is happy for us to do so as long as in your group one of you is a CAMRA member.

The landlord is flexible on the times and he will open before 12, all he asks is that we behave our-selves. (Non Ale drinkers are catered for)

The pub as a number of real ales, pool tables and darts can be played. Food is also served.

You can walk to the ground but taxi's can be called.

Be nice if we could have an idea on numbers so I can call the landlord to let him know. The London Branch has a number of CAMRA members, so should not be to much of a problem.

Lee

Last edited by Lee Jameson on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
I have this morning spoken to the owner of the Collition Club [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and have asked if we are allowed to use his facilities on Saturday 21st July.

He is happy for us to do so as long as in your group one of you is a CAMERA member.

The landlord is flexible on the times and he will open before 12, all he asks is that we behave our-selves. (Non Ale drinkers are catered for)

The pub as a number of real ales, pool tables and darts can be played. Food is also served.

Be nice if we could have an idea on numbers so I can call the landlord to let him know. The London Branch has a number of CAMERA members, so should not be to much of a problem.

Lee

I'll be there but thought we would pop into Tesco (next door to ground) for a nice cup of tea pre match:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 am

Bloody cabals! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

GOB wrote:
Bloody cabals! lol!

If theres one thing all Argyle away fans need to know is this:

The London Branch know and can sniff out the very best BEER pubs in any given locality.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:

He is happy for us to do so as long as in your group one of you is a CAMERA member.

Be nice if we could have an idea on numbers so I can call the landlord to let him know. The London Branch has a number of CAMERA members, so should not be to much of a problem.

Lee

Don't want to be a pedant, but isn't the real ale society called CAMRA, or are you referring to something else? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:

Lee

Don't want to be a pedant, but isn't the real ale society called CAMRA, or are you referring to something else? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks and changed!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

I shall be attending TPCC's President's Day on the 21 st July but can assure you that I wouldn't have wanted to travel all that way to Dorchester anyway. You must be mad.

No doubt, I would enjoy the fine ale but I can source that locally.

Have a lovely time .
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I shall be attending TPCC's President's Day on the 21 st July but can assure you that I wouldn't have wanted to travel all that way to Dorchester anyway. You must be mad.

Have a lovely time .

Thanks for your assurance that you won't be going to Dorchester. A lot of people will be absolutely gutted.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Have a lovely time .

Thanks for your assurance that you won't be going to Dorchester. A lot of people will be absolutely gutted.

GOB probably will be. I doubt Tring would be Tringing all day if he went to the game Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:

He is happy for us to do so as long as in your group one of you is a CAMRA member.

Be nice if we could have an idea on numbers so I can call the landlord to let him know. The London Branch has a number of CAMRA members, so should not be to much of a problem.

Lee

I think i would rather be castrated then attend any of our pre-season friendlies, its bad enough trying to stomach the nullifying home League games let alone friendlies ffs
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Have a lovely time .

You mean there will be a lot of people there ? jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

The lengths some people will go to for supposed fun. I can understand it with youngsters like Cobi but grown men ?

All sounds a bit desperate to me, or should that be disparate scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm well impressed with the sacrifices you are prepared to make punchdrunk. That is total dedication to not going to a match in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I'm well impressed with the sacrifices you are prepared to make punchdrunk. That is total dedication to not going to a match in my book.

And he's got the balls to state it openly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Have a lovely time .

You mean there will be a lot of people there ? jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

The lengths some people will go to for supposed fun. I can understand it with youngsters like Cobi but grown men ?

All sounds a bit desperate to me, or should that be disparate scratch

Well Tring, I can go as I am not not married have no children and there is no campaigning in Wales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm thinking about going. There's a direct train to Dorchester but I'm not sure if the tinyman would appreciate having to sit still or on my lap for the whole time.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'm thinking about going. There's a direct train to Dorchester but I'm not sure if the tinyman would appreciate having to sit still or on my lap for the whole time.

from my experience, with the constant change of scenery out of the window, he will love the train, not sure about the game though, time for a nap perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:

Lee

Should this read Coalition Club? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:22 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

from my experience, with the constant change of scenery out of the window, he will love the train, not sure about the game though, time for a nap perhaps.

He'll be fine on the train, but it's watching the shite on the pitch I'm worried about Shocked Would be a long day for him as well so it might be a bit soon for him yet.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 am

my lad regularly fell asleep until the age of 5 or so, watching argyle.

he didnt catch the bug (thankfully) and even asked me the other day if id ever seen argyle win! Thats how much attention he paid to the games, we won probably 7 out of the ten i took him to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

[quote="Sneinton Green"]my lad regularly fell asleep until the age of 5 or so, watching argyle.

he didnt catch the bug (thankfully) and even asked me the other day if id ever seen argyle win! Thats how much attention he paid to the games, we won probably 7 out of the ten i took him to![/quote]

Showing your age now SG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Pub for Dorchester   Meeting Pub for Dorchester Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Pub for Dorchester
Page 1 of 1