tcm
mouldyoldgoat
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
pilgrim_pete

Dorchester Away - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

What do you want me to say?

Every time this whole sorry debacle gets brought up, my name is dragged through the mud time and time again.

Look at your post at the top of this page.

Greenjock wrote:
It's not a vendetta Damon. Ian Newell has wronged me several times and others many more times, yet is spoken about as some kind of saint because he runs pantomime auctions where one rich guy pays off the debts of another rich guy.

Newell is the chief and your groupie is Sean Rapson who Newell and Webb on several occasions told me unquestionably was the person who made threats to me and my family under then name greenman on here.

Andy had the same treatment and I was told by Mr Newell that Sean must have heard the GT'S discussing me and decided to get me on their behalf as he was starstruck by the GT'S and was like your groupie.

Newell also said the GT'S have an issue with Andy and again you must have been discussing this when Sean overheard it and decided to take matters into his own hands.

To anyone who doesn't read this site regularly - it looks like, again, you are accusing me of being greenman. You seem to delight in re-telling that story over and over again, but never once actually add 'I have talked to Sean and now know he ISN'T greenman'. That bit if always conveniently omitted.

I've lost track of the amount of times I have been through this now. I'm not sure what you think my personal relationship is with Ian and Chris, but it goes no further than saying hello if I pass them at work or perhaps if they prop up the bar. I am a barman, it is part of the job.

I asked Ian and Chris why I was named, and they give me their explanation. It could be true. It might be total bollocks, but do you know what? I really do not give a shit.

Despite your efforts to keep repeating the story and bringing me into it over and over again, my name has been cleared. Beyond that, my give-a-feck o-meter is currently reading 0.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Ok Sean. I won't name you again if I tell people what these two respected figures in the Argyle community tried to do to you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Sorry to butt in here but why can,t Madjoe play, I,ve only received a put down from Symons not an answer, sorry to be bore.

I missed the original question - but it's quite possible the club loaning him to us don't want him cup-tied.

tim

Thanks, it is as I thought, just worded it wrong on my portable thingy and incurred some pedantry, better get out the way of the argument now. flower lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

So it is now POTD then,Dorchester must be hoping hundreds of Argyle fans turn up with cash in hand,which i expect they will do now. Hope Dorchester is well prepared for the green army invasion that day Very Happy ..

And it's on ESPN (Sunday Nov 4th - 4:30pm KO) too. A cash bonus of sorts ?.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First train from Plymouth that day is 11:45 with one change,arrives Dorchester at 16:00.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

er theres no train back ?
2000 to westbury but is there a connection, so much for a 'local' tie lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

From the Emirates to Dorchester............... look how the ride is being enjoyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 am

Actually Tringy I prefer this cup draw to Arsenal. I thought Arsenal was shit. Football should never be watched from seats twice as high as the keeper can kick a ball, getting tickets to sit with your mates was nigh on impossible, the atmosphere was worse than Barnet and for a London game the Emirates is a bitch to get to and out.

Dorchester is a new ground in a nice town with decent real ale and cider boozers and its 5 minutes from the railway station plus a real blood and snotters cup tie with all the crowd close to the action.......and you can watch it from Cyprus Basketball
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:00 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Actually Tringy I prefer this cup draw to Arsenal. I thought Arsenal was shit. Football should never be watched from seats twice as high as the keeper can kick a ball, getting tickets to sit with your mates was nigh on impossible, the atmosphere was worse than Barnet and for a London game the Emirates is a bitch to get to and out.

Dorchester is a new ground in a nice town with decent real ale and cider boozers and its 5 minutes from the railway station plus a real blood and snotters cup tie with all the crowd close to the action.......and you can watch it from Cyprus Basketball

It's a good job our visits to places like the Emirates will be an extremely rare occasion from now on then isn't it and our visits to non-league standard 'grounds' the norm.

Trust in brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 am

Nick Wall wrote:

Totally agree, Nick....Arsenal was one of the most vanilla football experiences I've ever had. Before and after the game was fun. I genuinely had a more enjoyable football experience away at Grays Athletic in pre-season when Holloway started.

Anyway, roll on Bradford. New town, new ground, floodlights (or whatever they've got now), beer and curry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

Freathy wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:

It's a good job our visits to places like the Emirates will be an extremely rare occasion from now on then isn't it and our visits to non-league standard 'grounds' the norm.

Trust in brent

One of the best things about finding this site is to discover you are alive, kicking and still in full-on suicide mode, Mr Freath.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 am

The Emirates was shit, granted. It didn't help that we were then managed by Sturrock - his teams are never quite set up for a giant kill, not having the gung ho attitude we came to expect from Holloway, and it showed. A Karl Duguid consolation goal, and a comfy arse.

But if the choice was between regularly going to Molineux, the Hawthorns and Selhurst Park (not that those are necessarily the best grounds in the second tier), or going to Dagenham then Accrington...well, only a sadist wouldn't prefer the former.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am

Did you used to post on Pasoti then Egun? What was your name on there, I was Argyleiggy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

Arsenal at Highbury in the 80's, now that was atmosphere.

3-0 down in no time against probably the best team in Britain yet the thousands of Argyle fans still sang and sang. Never heard the arsenal fans the whole game and we were stood right next to them.

God knows how many Argyle fans were there, heard so many stories, but it was well over 10k which was higher than our home gate the previous week against Grimsby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am

Iggy wrote:
Did you used to post on Pasoti then Egun? What was your name on there, I was Argyleiggy?

Aye, I'm still registered there as Rush Goalie but my real name is Jes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The Emirates was shit, granted. It didn't help that we were then managed by Sturrock - his teams are never quite set up for a giant kill, not having the gung ho attitude we came to expect from Holloway, and it showed. A Karl Duguid consolation goal, and a comfy arse.

But if the choice was between regularly going to Molineux, the Hawthorns and Selhurst Park (not that those are necessarily the best grounds in the second tier), or going to Dagenham then Accrington...well, only a sadist wouldn't prefer the former.

Oh yeah, agree on that. Been to all of those 3 you mention, Selhurst Park many times.

One of my favourite Argyle wins is a 2-1 away at WBA in - I think - 1992. Kevin Hodges winner in off his arse.

Our car once got bottled driving away from Molineux early in the Shilton era by a George Berry lookalike.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Short for Jessica.

(gawd I'm funny)

(I called you girls name)

(I don't even know your gender, just assumed on the basis that you have a chap in your avatar)

(I almost wrote 'black chap' then, which would be singling out his creed)

(Does that make me racist?)

(PASOTI will have a field day)

(oh gawd)

(gawd)

(gee)

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Short for Jessica.

(gawd I'm funny)

(I called you girls name)

(I don't even know your gender, just assumed on the basis that you have a chap in your avatar)

(I almost wrote 'black chap' then, which would be singling out his creed)

(Does that make me racist?)

(PASOTI will have a field day)

(oh gawd)

(gawd)

(gee)

Actually, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I remember you, don't worry we don't require real names here as on the farm pseudonyms are fine. lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:

3-0 down in no time against probably the best team in Britain yet the thousands of Argyle fans still sang and sang. Never heard the arsenal fans the whole game and we were stood right next to them.

God knows how many Argyle fans were there, heard so many stories, but it was well over 10k which was higher than our home gate the previous week against Grimsby.

Was that the FA Cup 6-1 defeat (i think we had 15,000 there or something along those lines). We all went mad when we scored the goal.

I was well pissed before that game and fell over in the street,ripped my brand new cords and had a deep cut in my leg.

Two plod came over and asked if i was ok and also asked if i was a Plymouth fan. I said yes and they replied ''had a few then'',they then directed me to the away end.

If that were to happen today i would probably get knicked or be refused entry in to the ground etc....

There was another game we played Arsenal in the 80s - 1983 ( League Cup),we had a few up there that night [me and my then mates went up on the special train that ran from Penzance]. I remember some Argyle fans throwing Airbomb repeaters/coins/bits of terracing in to the section holding the Arsenal fans,they responded by throwing missiles back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes it a difficult one do i prefer a trip to the emirates,,one the best stadiums in the world playing one of englands finest clubs, or do i prefer to watch a poorly managed argyle team, scuffling around with a poxy non league team in dorset, how village how aviva jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Yes it a difficult one do i prefer a trip to the emirates,,one the best stadiums in the world playing one of englands finest clubs, or do i prefer to watch a poorly managed argyle team, scuffling around with a poxy non league team in dorset, how village how aviva jocolor lol!

Ah yes, there's nothing Aviva about turning up at the Emirates in face paint and a jester hat, despite not being able to find Home Park with sat Nav and a sniffer dog. Those thousands that went to Arsenal, never to be seen again, they're the real fans, not the ones who'll be supporting Argyle in a small Dorset town next week. Bloody bandwagon jumpers, they're probably only going so they can be seen on telly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Ah yes, there's nothing Aviva about turning up at the Emirates in face paint and a jester hat, despite not being able to find Home Park with sat Nav and a sniffer dog. Those thousands that went to Arsenal, never to be seen again, they're the real fans, not the ones who'll be supporting Argyle in a small Dorset town next week. Bloody bandwagon jumpers, they're probably only going so they can be seen on telly.

cheers

Basketball Basketball Basketball

Come on 68, you've been suffering too long. You've got a week to get over the bitch slap that Andy's given you and come along for a good old blood and snotters game with a few ales..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Nick i like a good bitch slap but not fom the boy symons, i will be hoping for a miracle that clueless and his merry men make it to the third round i will celebrate that with a pint of old Dog Breath in a french jazz club, so i think i will pass on the delights of dorset
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Was that the FA Cup 6-1 defeat (i think we had 15,000 there or something along those lines). We all went mad when we scored the goal.

I was well pissed before that game and fell over in the street,ripped my brand new cords and had a deep cut in my leg.

Two plod came over and asked if i was ok and also asked if i was a Plymouth fan. I said yes and they replied ''had a few then'',they then directed me to the away end.

If that were to happen today i would probably get knicked or be refused entry in to the ground etc....

Yep the 6-1. Set off at 6am from Truro to get to snozzle to catch a coach.

It was like something out of Victorian times, no toilet, no heating, broken window. Freezing all the way. Twas January I think.

Got to Highbury late then had to queue for ages. By the time we got in it was already 3-0.

They had some team though, but our fans were amazing, especially when Rowbotham scored, it was like we had won the cup.

There was another game we played Arsenal in the 80s - 1983 ( League Cup),we had a few up there that night [me and my then mates went up on the special train that ran from Penzance]. I remember some Argyle fans throwing Airbomb repeaters/coins/bits of terracing in to the section holding the Arsenal fans,they responded by throwing missiles back.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Those who fancy watching the likes of Arsenal against Argyle may not be 'real fans' but they would be regular punters should the happy with mediocrity mindset ever be extinguished. The latest developments at HP involving the new superfan elite and their jolly band of bucket rattling, Janner singing followers, will invariably lead to many more seasons of Devon derbies and bonding trips to the likes of Dorchester and high flying Cheltenham.
PAFC........... Village and proud . Not everyone's idea of fun. Right Big Andy ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorchester Away
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next