Greenskin
tcm
mouldyoldgoat
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Dorchester Away - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong (I seldom am) but isn't this a cup match where you play the team you get drawn to play? Like there is a choice or something.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:27 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong (I seldom am) but isn't this a cup match where you play the team you get drawn to play? Like there is a choice or something.

Spoil sport
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 am

Greenjock wrote:
Arsenal at Highbury in the 80's, now that was atmosphere.

3-0 down in no time against probably the best team in Britain yet the thousands of Argyle fans still sang and sang. Never heard the arsenal fans the whole game and we were stood right next to them.

God knows how many Argyle fans were there, heard so many stories, but it was well over 10k which was higher than our home gate the previous week against Grimsby.

Highbury atmosphere.......try Feb 1958...63000.....Arsenal 4-5 Man U......and the memory a few days later of Munich.....I will never forget it as long as I live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:44 am

ZYPH wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

3-0 down in no time against probably the best team in Britain yet the thousands of Argyle fans still sang and sang. Never heard the arsenal fans the whole game and we were stood right next to them.

God knows how many Argyle fans were there, heard so many stories, but it was well over 10k which was higher than our home gate the previous week against Grimsby.

Highbury atmosphere.......try Feb 1958...63000.....Arsenal 4-5 Man U......and the memory a few days later of Munich.....I will never forget it as long as I live.

The world was black and white back then. What colour did arsenal wear?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Plastic gooners eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorchester Away
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6