Freathy
Dougie
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread Empty
PostSubject: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 am

As I'm just about to start out to deepest Dorset thought I'd get this one going. It's pelting down with rain here and the back garden is absolutely sodden. Hope the Dorchester pitch drains well. Weather forecast looks brighter for kick off.

You'll find me outside the ground today selling FA Cup half and half special edition Hooper Hearing Aids, notebooks with IKEA pencils for the wannabe PIs in the crowd and Tony Hooper/Mary Whitehouse In Love t-shirts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 am

Snowing up that way innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 am

Been pouring down here all night. Gardens flooded, and at the moment it's a sort of 70/30 sleet, more rain than snow.

It has been very wet in Wiltshire for a couple of weeks and Dorchester's not that far away really.

All the firework displays around here were cancelled yesterday because the ground was already waterlogged.

It is forecast to be brighter down there this afternoon but I'm not sure what state the pitch was in to start with sunny
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:04 am

I doubt Dorchester's pitch has very good drainage. Will be surprised if there's not a pitch inspection.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 am

Pissing down here and Gales forecast all the way up the channel, wet as fook, arrived at the refinery 0630, no hope of a passage to Dorchy now, good luck to all who get there.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 am

Anyone who fancies watching the game at the GT suite - usual £5 entry - free pastie and pint. No Savile gags today tho :-(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Anyone who fancies watching the game at the GT suite - usual £5 entry - free pastie and pint. No Savile gags today tho :-(

for that i expect the price to be lowered king
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am

This is what it was like wherever Curtis Nelson is this morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
This is what it was like wherever Curtis Nelson is this morning.

He's in Dorchester affraid
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:32 am

Is Dorchester dropping down to Plymouth level

Dorchester Town Football Club are seeking more volunteers to help with a tidy up of the stadium tomorrow morning in preparation for the cup game against Plymouth Argyle Sunday.

Dave Read will be organising the big clean so for those who are willing and able to lend a hand, please be at the stadium for 9am. If you can, please bring a brush and shovel.

Also, volunteers are sought to sell raffle tickets on Sunday prior to kick off. With a first prize of £400, a second prize of £100 and a third prize of £50 all kindly donated by Harmony Music in Dorchester, demand will be high. If you can help please contact Dave Ring or Lloyd Spracklen by calling on 01305 850099 or post a reply below.

Thank you for your support, it's very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am

Freathy wrote:
I doubt Dorchester's pitch has very good drainage. Will be surprised if there's not a pitch inspection.

Their pitch is well known for draining too efficiently and often needs watering pre game .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:42 pm

You know what guys ? I just had my first feeling of pre match nerves............. for years ! And I'm not even going of course. Wink

How village am I ffs ! ?

I'm sure the dream team of Carl and Romain will have the boys finely tuned and ready to go, Nool will be looking out for celebs to be photographed with ,Where's Webby will still be searching for his IP address, whilst Jameson and the Snooper will be compiling a list of suspected Savile joke tellers and quaffing pints of real ale like real men !
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:44 pm

braintree & gloucester tis are off - braintree must have lost 100k as a result Sad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
braintree & gloucester tis are off - braintree must have lost 100k as a result Sad

Braintree was live on ITV1. What will they show instead?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:

According to PASOTI,the pitch at Dorchester has just been passed fit to play on. COYG cheers

I have to make do with ESPN,as the people who were thinking of going to the match decided not to now.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

What a barrel of laughs that sounds.......NOT
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Dorchester forum quote

Just in case there was any doubt, there has just been a pitch inspection and it passed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Anybody got a link for comms?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Team

Rene Gilmartin; 2 Durrell Berry, 17 Curtis Nelson, 4 Maxime Blanchard, 33 Scott Griffiths; 19 Joe Lennox, 6 Conor Hourihane, 27 Andres Gurrieri, 16 Jamie Lowry, 14 Onismor Bhasera; 10 Rhys Griffiths.

Substitutes: 1 Jake Cole (gk), 7 Paris Cowan-Hall, 8 Luke Young, 11 Warren Feeney, 18 Guy Madjo, 23 Jamie Richards, 29 Tyler Harvey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 pm

I think I have found a link to watch the match, what a total bummer!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
Anybody got a link for comms?

Check your PMs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Just watched the Dorchester lineup on ESPN....if we dont beat this lot we need bleddy shooting
Back to top Go down
Greendave

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Not on at the moment but will be soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Greendave wrote:

Not on at the moment but will be soon.

Sodding site asks for mob number. When I enter it says I have to reply to a message on it to activate. No sodding signal where I live!!!! It'll have to be the radio.

Last edited by knecht on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Bit of a mixture line-up from us. It's like we're not quite putting out our best team.

Glad Griffiths the Goal has a chance against the sort of standard he's been prolific against in the past. Getting the ball to him in decent areas will be key.

Having said that the conditions aren't great. I'm more than a bit worried affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread   Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorchester Match and Chant Watch Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next