Czarcasm
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
George Cooper has left the club by mutual consent to the surprise of no one and the dismay of the Popworld and Revolutions management.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The replies should be interesting

Surprised at the shit aimed at him, not anyone's fault getting injured, I've heard all the Revs rumours but if we sacked every player who partied hard we'd have half a team most of the time. Most of the rumours are sheer jealousy anyway.

Gerry Mcelhinney-22 pints in a post match session.

Good news about the Miller from the Millers i think, bit worrying to read the words "injury prone" from some of the fans on their website but good luck to him anyway and could be a useful signing if he stays fit.

i hope thats not the case we dont need anymore injury prone players here.

welcome to the club Miller hope you do the business here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 8:30 pm

30 games in a team that was the best in the league for large parts of last season, bodes well. Let’s hope he can stay fit.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:16 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
George Cooper has left the club by mutual consent to the surprise of no one and the dismay of the Popworld and Revolutions management.

Surprised at the shit aimed at him, not anyone's fault getting injured, I've heard all the Revs rumours but if we sacked every player who partied hard we'd have half a team most of the time. Most of the rumours are sheer jealousy anyway.

Good news about the Miller from the Millers i think, bit worrying to read the words "injury prone" from some of the fans on their website but good luck to him anyway and could be a useful signing if he stays fit.

Drinking 22 pints isn't illegal and although I doubt McElhinney could last a current day league season, I suspect he would't seen in Jesters on a Tuesday afternoon either.

Good news about Miller, seems an upgrade on Garrick. Predominately a winger, can play WB or through the middle. Injury record is a concern especially hamstrings but playing 30 games for the team I thought were the best we came up against can't be bad.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Drinking 22 pints isn't illegal and although I doubt McElhinney could last a current day league season, I suspect he would't seen in Jesters on a Tuesday afternoon either.

Good news about Miller, seems an upgrade on Garrick. Predominately a winger, can play WB or through the middle. Injury record is a concern especially hamstrings but playing 30 games for the team I thought were the best we came up against can't be bad.

Miller looks to be the missing link to help Jephcott and hardie
We don't need Jephcott gassing himself running after the ball.

We lost what he needed after Cooper got injured someone to put the ball in the box on a plate for him.

Cause mk dons aside, you do that and he scores.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Was filed under no chance he would come back anyway.

Ben Purrington has joined Ross County on a two-year deal from Charlton Athletic.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 1:33 am

Plymouth Argyle have one more new signing 'pretty much already done' while Steven Schumacher is aiming to add two more on top of that to his squad ahead of the 2022/23 League One campaign.

Schumacher told Plymouth Live: "There will be more coming in the building, hopefully three more. I think we are close to agreeing with one. It's pretty much already done and hopefully two others will be announced in due course."

The Pilgrims' boss is hoping to have some, or all, of those new recruits available to start training with the rest of the Argyle squad on Monday, July 11. That would be after they return from their Spanish warm weather training camp next week.

Understandably, Schumacher was guarded about giving away any details about his targets, so as to not alert rival clubs, but he did admit he wanted to add one more striker to the mix at Home Park.

Schumacher said: "We play with two up front and we have only got three. We can't run with just three strikers. So, yeah, a forward player is definitely on the agenda, and some other places as well.

"I don't want to give too much away but it's other positions that are going to give us cover and competition."

Last season, Swansea City loan signing Jordon Garrick played as a versatile wing-back or speedy striker for Argyle, but that will not be the case with Miller.

Schumacher said: "I haven't seen him play up front. I think he did in his non-league days. I have always known him to be a left-back, or a winger or a left wing-back."

Miller's first training session with the Pilgrims' squad on Friday seemed to confirm Schumacher's opinion about the 26-year-old not being a goalscorer.

"He missed a sitter yesterday from about two yards out," said Schumacher. "We let him off with that because he could just be rusty!

"He has been brought in to be a left wing-back. He's a different type of player than Conor Grant. He's more explosive, gets to the by-line and will take you on one-v-one.

"Conor is more of a prober, and works his way up into those positions. We have got two different options, and obviously we have got Ryan Law as well who's in that mix.

"But, as we spoke with Lawsy, the plan will hopefully be to get him out on loan so he can go and play a full season somewhere."

Law, 22, who signed a new one-year contract with Argyle at the end of last season, played the first half of the game against Parkway in the left wing-back role.

Butcher played in central midfield during the second half and almost scored a goal with a curling shot which was touched over the crossbar by Parkway goalkeeper Kyle Moore.

Schumacher said: "He's a great lad, he has settled into the group really easily. He has got loads of quality. When we are watching him in the training sessions and in possession you can see how comfortable he is on the ball.

"He's a great athlete. I knew he could run box-to-box but he was outstanding on the running sessions that we have done. He has been right at the very front.

"He's going to be a good player for us. You can see, he's a good size, 6ft 2, 6ft 3, he has got a left foot in midfield for us, so he's another weapon to add to our team.

"I think there is more goals in him. I think he got four or five last season, but I think he can get more towards 10 goals if he keeps putting himself in the right positions.

"He has got that energy to get from box to box, and he has also got quality when he's there. You saw that with his effort (against Parkway) when he cut in on his left foot and whipped one in which nearly went in the top corner.

"That's something that not all of our midfield players can do so hopefully he can add some goals to our team."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 am

Still waiting for the "player that can change a game" that we were promised with our increased budget.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 1:35 am

We still not signed any more players ? What’s happened to the one shuey said on the verge of signing when was that last week or was that all bollocks I don’t think there’s a club in L1 that’s signed less players than us ..everyone seems to be doing there buisness except us ….hmm
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:53 am

Just relax Reg football is about much more than winning games these days.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 10:31 am

RegGreen wrote:
We still not signed any more players ? What’s happened to the one shuey said on the verge of signing when was that last week or was that all bollocks I don’t think there’s a club in L1 that’s signed less players than us ..everyone seems to be doing there buisness except us ….hmm

You're not the only one in the south west concerned over the lack of new players joining their chosen club. I understand that clubs "must" upload their lists of retained and released players by the third Saturday of May which mystified me further as to why ECFC didn't react sooner when these lists were available - in fact I think it was about two to three weeks before the start of last season that Matt Taylor finally started picking over the bones of those players still without a club. With nothing currently on the horizon, I'm beginning to believe that this season will see Taylor will rely heavily on the loan market.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Mate of mine is a Norwich fan and says we've signed Bali Mumba on loan who's a right back. I've no idea if that's true or not
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 12:46 pm

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 5:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
shiney seats & Poundland tv screens cheers
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Weren't you one of the ones moaning about the state of the Car Park and the "Brentihad"?

The constant sniping when things aren't really that bad is as tedious as the happy clapping was.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Weren't you one of the ones moaning about the state of the Car Park and the "Brentihad"?

The constant sniping when things aren't really that bad is as tedious as the happy clapping was.
yeah Brent’s bit of the car park I was moaning about yeah not the other half of that the club were left with that’s not to bad in fact that part ain’t to bad that’s why im surprised halletts tarting it with his eco bollocks or is that just the excuse of not put money into team I’ve not made my mind up yet …but how many players signed ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 3:08 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

yeah Brent’s bit of the car park I was moaning about yeah not the other half of that the club were left with that’s not to bad in fact that part ain’t to bad that’s why im surprised halletts tarting it with his eco bollocks or is that just the excuse of not put money into team I’ve not made my mind up yet …but how many players signed ?

I'm largely pro Hallett yet I cannot resist rubbing twats like Clodagh and Dickler up by daring to criticize the great man himself. Hallet is way better than Brent no doubt but his decision to spunk what must be an average years budget on the car park, telly and new seats is beyond me. If we finish at least in the playoffs then he has got away with it yet all it would take would be injuries to Pan, Edwards and Hardie early in the season and we would be fooked and probably relegated. I think we have missed a massive opportunity to actually compete with the bigger hitters this year.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 3:49 pm

apparently some guy from norwich is coming here on a season long loan. plays right wingback
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 4:36 pm

We still need strikers imo.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 6:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
We still need strikers  imo.

i agree im not fooled like a few who think scoring 15 passed a pub team from Gibraltar that we dont need to add a striker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 6:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i agree im not fooled like a few who think scoring 15 passed a pub team from Gibraltar that we dont need to add a striker.

I don’t think anybody’s fooled by that scoreline Angers, some new blood coming in next week.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 6:45 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I don’t think anybody’s fooled by that scoreline Angers, some new blood coming in next week.

not on here of course just on other online formats lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 am

RWB Cover for Edwards.
CB cause wouldn't want to rely on Galloway & Bolton being fit and Gillespey doesn't cut it
A midfielder that can play where Camara does in case he leaves
A couple of strikers preferably target men to play alongside the 3 we have.
Big horrible bastards who can hold the ball up to play Hardie etc in.

Then we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Finn Azaz has joined us from Aston Villa on a season long loan. Welcome to the club Finn.

Azaz comes aboard

From the Link wrote:
Argyle have signed Finn Azaz on a season-long loan deal from Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old midfielder becomes the Pilgrims’ third acquisition of the close season, following the arrivals of Matt Butcher and Mickel Miller.

Finn spent last season on loan with Newport County, becoming one of two County players to be selected in the Sky Bet League Two Team of the Season, along with former Pilgrim Dom Telford. Finn was also named the League Two Young Player of the Season.

Azaz scored seven goals and provided assists aplenty in 42 games playing in a creative midfield role for the Exiles, as they finished 11th in League Two.

London-born Finn began his career in the youth system of West Bromwich Albion, and after signing his first professional contract with the Baggies, spent the 2020/21 season on loan to Cheltenham Town, for whom he played 37 times as they were crowned League Two champions.

Soon afterwards, Azaz switched his permanent allegiance to Aston Villa, who immediately arranged the loan at Newport which proved so successful.

Argyle boss Steven Schumacher said, "I am thrilled that Finn has decided to come and join us on loan from Aston Villa.

"He is a creative and exciting midfield player that will add quality to our team.

"He has an eye for a goal, and his composure in attacking situations is what really stood out to us.

"Finn had options to go to other Sky Bet League One teams, but I believe he was impressed with our vision as a club.

"He also knows that we as the coaching staff, will take the time to help him develop and improve his own game, preparing him for the next step in his career."

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip said, “I am delighted that we have managed to attract a top young player who has already performed incredibly well in Sky Bet League Two last season.

We are very hopeful he can build on that and do similar for us in Sky Bet League One.”
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:17 pm

Underwhelming signing considering the very good season financially we had expected league 1 top end players go the full hog Si dip into the national League ffs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer news in the coming weeks
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next