Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
He knows what running a football club is all about.
indeed he does ..early days when he bought em they were on the brink of bankruptcy mortgage his own gaff back in the day to save em (not in jimmy kind of way) the rest is history and they are where they are today even though he might not be everyone’s cup of tea

Yeah he's definitely a hard talking geezer. I recall a few seasons back after we had played the Posh, Barry was outside the Moanflower shouting into his mobile "feck off you fecking cnut". Still makes me smile.

It was Brent pitching a Hotel/Nandoes and Dentists plan to him.
laugh
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 3:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't say that I don't want competition at the back but I still want a decent striker.

Same, i also want to see somekind of marque signing to justify all the BS from the club about raising the tickets prices to fund a bigger transfer budget and squad. So far we have signed 4 2 free transfers and 2 season long loans with all fairness to them as i am sure they will do very well here they arent however, players that we would have struggled to sign with last seasons budget and not signings to generate buzz and send a message of intent to the league and our fans that we want to go one better this season. Also if scuhey wants one more player as he was quoted then the bigger squad line was BS as all he has done is replaced the loan players who left last season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 3:42 pm

Just need a striker or two now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 5:31 pm

Schuey obviously thinks Jeppers is going to step up again or more likely going to try and actually play him into games. I have always been a fan of young home grown talent and Jeppers in particular, I would bin Ennis personally but give Jeppers another season but FFS play to him not around him last seasons tactics just didn't suit him. I'd still like a big no 9 type as well.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 5:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Schuey obviously thinks Jeppers is going to step up again or more likely going to try and actually play him into games. I have always been a fan of young home grown talent and Jeppers in particular, I would bin Ennis personally but give Jeppers another season but FFS play to him not around him last seasons tactics just didn't suit him. I'd still like a big no 9 type as well.

Even if he thinks that or not and Jephcott has a make or break season ahead of him imo as does Ennis they both have to step it up or move on, we only have 3 strikers and that's clearly not enough. Someone who can truly bring out the talent of Hardie would be nice
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 6:31 pm

People need to realise the best we can ever be under Hallett is a L1/L2 yo yo club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 7:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't say that I don't want competition at the back but I still want a decent striker.

Same, i also want to see somekind of marque signing to justify all the BS from the club about raising the tickets prices to fund a bigger transfer budget and squad. So far we have signed 4 2 free transfers and 2 season long loans with all fairness to them as i am sure they will do very well here they arent however, players that we would have struggled to sign with last seasons budget and not signings to generate buzz and send a message of intent to the league and our fans that we want to go one better this season. Also if scuhey wants one more player as he was quoted then the bigger squad line was BS as all he has done is replaced the loan players who left last season.
This
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Schumacher has indicated that he wants to add one more player to his squad - a striker - for the forthcoming 2022/23 League One campaign, which begins on Saturday, July 30 against Barnsley at Home Park.

The Pilgrims' boss currently only has Niall Ennis, last season's 19-goal top scorer Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott as attacking options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Even if he thinks that or not and Jephcott has a make or break season ahead of him imo as does Ennis they both have to step it up or move on, we only have 3 strikers and that's clearly not enough. Someone who can truly bring out the talent of Hardie would be nice

Agree we need another proven striker, however some of the playing budget has to be retained for the January window
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:23 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Agree we need another proven striker, however some of the playing budget has to be retained for the January window

Like last January you mean? lol! This year's budget went on the seats, telly and car park, maybe next year we can improve the Budget but this year's has gone already. SI has done be well to get us to a position where we have a spare million plus to play with but until he spends the it on the team it will be loans or nothing now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i would agree however we never do business in January which is why we always tail off towards the end of the season as our squad is spent and our rivals have all strengthen their depth and can rest players at times. I fully expect the usual 1 in 1 out policy to be in place in january again.

Ears was right the increase in ticket prices went on the upgrades not the transfer budget
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Like last January you mean? lol! This year's budget went on the seats, telly and car park, maybe next year we can improve the Budget but this year's has gone already. SI has done be well to get us to a position where we have a spare million plus to play with but until he spends the it on the team it will be loans or nothing now.

Change the Bleddy record ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i would agree however we never do business in January which is why we always tail off towards the end of the season as our squad is spent and our rivals have all strengthen their depth and can rest players at times. I fully expect the usual 1 in 1 out policy to be in place in january again.

Ears was right the increase in ticket prices went on the upgrades not the transfer budget

Ears is hardly ever right but we’ll see how it pans out, can’t judge anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Ears is hardly ever right but we’ll see how it pans out, can’t judge anything yet.

Rubbish I was bang on for this transfer window, I have been proved right but it's hardly rocket science is it?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 11:11 am

Schumacher has given an update that he hopes to add another striker to
Argyles lineup 'early this week'. He is looking to have a new man in to play Saturdays game against Yeovil.

"I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. I would like to have somebody at the start of this week so they can get two games in with us because I think that's important.

These things sometimes take time especially for forward players, it's complicated. We will just have to be patient on it. If it comes in early this week, great, if it doesn't and it's towards the end of the week, we will be fine. We will make do."

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Ryan Law, joins Gills on loan. Good  news for the lad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Hopefully a season in a lower league like Randell had will help him
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 4:07 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Ryan Law, joins Gills on loan. Good  news for the lad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good for him that he can develop his game at a club in a competitive league. I'm hoping he does well there and he ends up being a regular here next season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Morgan Whittaker

Forward signing tomorrow the rumour mill is saying
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Right winger from Swansea and Derby, 21yrs old one under 20 England cap one goal, not many appearances looks like a development player to me. Fooked if I know could be decent but not what I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Played against us in the Carabao for Swansea and scored a hattrick and whilst on loan at Lincoln.  Reasonable scoring record. Cuold be useful.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Do we play with wingers? if yes great if no what is the point in signing a winger? we need strikers and imo another defender not a player for a position we don't play. I'm not knocking the guy i'm sure he would do fine here but its not a good sign to me if we are resorting to make shift strikers cause we cant/wont pay for one.

Plus i see the club is pushing season tickets harder to get over 9000!! so i guess they need more paint for the artwork going up cause its sure not going on players as we have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 5:50 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Played against us in the Carabao for Swansea and scored a hattrick and whilst on loan at Lincoln.  Reasonable scoring record. Cuold be useful.

80 appearances with 11 goals, not a goal machine by any means.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Right winger from Swansea and Derby, 21yrs old one under 20 England cap one goal, not many appearances looks like a development player to me. Fooked if I know could be decent but not what I was expecting.
same here REALLY :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 5:59 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Morgan Whittaker

Forward signing tomorrow the rumour mill is saying

Signed already appaza. Announcement tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer news in the coming weeks
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next