Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Transfer news in the coming weeks Empty
PostSubject: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 8:29 pm

Andrew Parkinson, the Pilgrims' chief executive officer, has given an insight into the club's transfer window planning

Plymouth Argyle chief executive officer Andrew Parkinson has assured the Green Army there is 'a lot going on in the background' over potential new recruits to Steven Schumacher's first team squad.

The Pilgrims have yet to announce any summer signings, although the transfer window does not officially open until Friday (June 10) anyway.

Parkinson explained that the League One club had lined up a number of targets and he expected that to come to fruition 'in the next few weeks'.

Argyle already have 22 professionals under contract going into next season and while some of them are teenagers it is likely to be a case of the club trying to add quality not quantity when it comes to new arrivals.

Parkinson told Plymouth Live: "There is a lot going on in the background. For some time, as you would expect, we have been looking at the areas that we need to bolster.

We have obviously identified targets and over the course of the next few weeks we will be pressing the go button in certain areas.

"You have to have target A, target B just in case, so it's a well thought out, well trodden process. We can point to the last few transfer windows where I think we have been able to say the work that we have done

It has provided us a stronger squad, and the intention is we will do exactly the same, so there are lots of ongoing conversations and in the next few weeks it will all come to fruition."

The Argyle squad will report back to Home Park for pre-season training on Tuesday, June 21, with their first warm-up match away to Plymouth Parkway taking place on Saturday, July 2

Parkinson added: "We haven't got the biggest budget in the league, but we have got a bigger budget than we had last year.

"The more revenue we can generate each year the bigger amount of money that can go towards the first team. It's about the building process.

Plymouthlive
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 9:30 pm

Big season for Schumacher. That team/squad has just finished 7th....and his playing budget for next season is higher than last year. On that basis, the most basic of maths tells you the same level of achievement should get us into the top 6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 9:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Big season for Schumacher. That team/squad has just finished 7th....and his playing budget for next season is higher than last year. On that basis, the most basic of maths tells you the same level of achievement should get us into the top 6.

i hope so too he needs to add well and boost the squad size with more competition and cover in all positions otherwise we will fall apart come the end of the season. Im still not sold on Schumacher having an unproven coach as his number 2 when he has so much more to learn himself and that's a red flag to me but i will give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 9:00 am

Parkinson added: "We haven't got the biggest budget in the league, but we have got a bigger budget than we had last year.
How does Parky know we have a bigger budget, Graiser will be fuming with ambiguity like that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 10:19 am

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

i hope so too he needs to add well  and boost the squad size with more competition and cover in all positions otherwise we will fall apart come the end of the season. Im still not sold on Schumacher having an unproven coach as his number 2 when he has so much more to learn himself and that's a red flag to me but i will give it a chance.

Yep, agree with all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 10:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
How does Parky know we have a bigger budget, Graiser will be fuming with ambiguity like that.

Bit early in the day to be on the juice innit!

How does Parky know they’ve a bigger budget than last year? because he would have been part of the management team putting that budget together.

So there’s no ambiguity at all
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

How does Parky know they’ve a bigger budget than last year? because he would have been part of the management team putting that budget together.

Fook me but you prove that you can't fix stupid. Don't you remember rubbishing what I said the other day about us having a small budget for league 1? Here is yet another Argyle employee saying what I did, try reading it again, no need to apologize, just read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 6:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Fook me but you prove that you can't fix stupid. Don't you remember rubbishing what I said the other day about us having a small budget for league 1? Here is yet another Argyle employee saying what I did, try reading it again, no need to apologize, just read it.

That lack of oxygen on the moors is affecting your brain, I’ve certainly rubbished you wanting to Pay Camara 10k a week, as for a small budget I’ll say again we don’t know what that budget is, what Parkinson has said is we haven’t got the biggest budget in the league, which we haven’t, he has said it’s a bigger budget than last year which is good, but as we achieved 7th place last season on a lower budget my expectations are higher than that for next season due to that increase in budget, he hasn’t said it’s a small budget either as you want us all to believe.
As for the funding for your project it has no correlation to the playing budget as the board have explained but seems to have passed you by, each budget is ring fenced.
You even asked how Parkinson, (who is the club’s chief executive) could know what that budget was, FFS do you really think the CE wouldn’t know this.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 8:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That lack of oxygen on the moors is affecting your brain, I’ve certainly rubbished you wanting to Pay Camara 10k a week, as for a small budget I’ll say again we don’t know what that budget is, what Parkinson has said is we haven’t got the biggest budget in the league, which we haven’t, he has said it’s a bigger budget than last year which is good, but as we achieved 7th place last season on a lower budget my expectations are higher than that for next season due to that increase in budget, he hasn’t said it’s a small budget either as you want us all to believe.
As for the funding for your project it has no correlation to the playing budget as the board have explained but seems to have passed you by, each budget is ring fenced.
You even asked how Parkinson, (who is the club’s chief executive) could know what that budget was, FFS do you really think the CE wouldn’t know this.

As has been pointed out to you already we have the 17th lowest budget in the league that's from figures released by the club, then the CEO refers to our small budget yet you still won't accept we have one of the smallest budgets in the league. Dress it up however you like I am right. I give it four weeks before Schuey mentions it again, it's a fact of life.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There would be a perfectly reasonable argument that because a club over achieves in one season, it doesn't follow that the odds will be upset again as a matter of course in the next-Argyle have certainly frequently proved that in their spells in the second tier of the football league. Put it this way ,if Argyle's budget stays at the same level [which would appear to be around about 16th from the limited information released in public] over say the next five seasons then the odds are very much in favour of similar league positions being attained no matter who is manager. Lots of questions remain even about the current squad-can players like Scarr and Wilson maintain the standard set this season, will Jephcott and Ennis be the answer to the goal scoring, will Cooper and Camara still be here? If the answers are balanced towards negative then the summer recruitment becomes very crucial indeed and i do hope that Mr Parkinsons definition of quality is enough to facilitate the manager being adequately backed in order to do his job to the optimum and thus satisfy your expectations.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 8:33 am

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There would be a perfectly reasonable argument that because a club over achieves in one season, it doesn't follow that the odds will be upset again as a matter of course in the next-Argyle have certainly frequently proved that in their spells in the second tier of the football league. Put it this way ,if Argyle's budget stays at the same level [which would appear to be around about 16th from the limited information released in public] over say the next five seasons then the odds are very much in favour of similar league positions being attained no matter who is manager. Lots of questions remain even about the current squad-can players like Scarr and Wilson maintain the standard set this season, will Jephcott and Ennis be the answer to the goal scoring, will Cooper and Camara still be here? If the answers are balanced towards negative then the summer recruitment becomes very crucial indeed and i do hope that Mr Parkinsons definition of quality is enough to facilitate the manager being adequately backed in order to do his job to the optimum and thus satisfy your expectations.

The sad fact is that Argyle could have massively increased their budget this year but chose to spend a massive chunk of money on the telly, car park and new plastic seats, and before Graiser pipes up no I don't know exactly how much but I'm guessing enough to pay two or three players 10k a week, once this season is over then maybe we can divert that kind of sum to the playing squad but you'd have to be a rose tinted spectacle wearing fool to think you can shed quality players, not increase the budget and over achieve year on year.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 8:57 am

I wonder how much the area 51 project or whatever it's called is eating into the clubs revenue alien
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 am

Les Miserable wrote:
I wonder how much the area 51 project or whatever it's called is eating into the clubs revenue  alien

Isn't It being put on the shirts for free
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
I wonder how much the area 51 project or whatever it's called is eating into the clubs revenue  alien

Isn't It  being put on the shirts for free
someone will pay down the line remember when brent done a similar thing and screwed over the trust for a few grand if I can remember and the money went to the club which was brent at the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 4:21 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

someone will pay down the line remember when brent done a similar thing and screwed over the trust for a few grand if I can remember and the money went to the club which was brent at the time

that was for the legion wasnt it?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 5:04 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Thumbs

A quote from the farm at the time

So Argo are demanding a fee to advertise a charity? I ll not make my opinion known because I'd be banned from PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 7:46 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Thumbs

A quote from the farm at the time

So Argo are demanding a fee to advertise a charity? I ll not make my opinion known because I'd be banned from PASOTI.

It was a strange deal as the legion had to pay to have the back of the shirt sponsor however they would get the money back and a bit on top through findraising or shirts sold i forget which but i recall at the time saying it was a stupid deal and benefits no one. I have nothing against advertising charities on shirts providing there is money from the shirt sales going to that charity as the club will still make a profit on them
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 11:53 am

Argyle rumoured to be in for Arsenal’s Jack Henry-Francis
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 1:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Argyle rumoured to be in for  Arsenal’s Jack Henry-Francis

The love child of Thierry Henry and Gerry Francis?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 2:05 pm

As long as he isn't shite like the last couple of players we had from there were. Macey and Moore
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 3:35 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]Argyle rumoured to be in for  Arsenal’s Jack Henry-Francis [/quote
Really that’s the kind of player there trying to get in he has no experience his only played about 5 games for Arsenal youth team…we need more kinda experienced L1 & ex championship players to build a spine of a team  not some untried kid from Arsenal they need a decent statement signing to show some kind of ambition on the pitch …over to you Mr Chairman
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 4:07 pm

More like Argyle to sign Jacques Height in this window!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 8:31 pm

Linked with Korean striker Nowan Soon 😂
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 9:17 pm

Not sure why everyone is flapping,

They aren't back till 21st,
Deals have either been done or agreed and they can't sign till the end of their last contract.

If we're ever going to get anywhere we have to drop the little old Plymouth/ we're Plymouth Argyle we're doing our best attitude.

Give them a chance, if by September/October its clear we fecked up recruitment again, ala Adams style that's when to give the club a kicking.

it could be a lot worse we could be sat looking at a half-finished grandstand struggling at the bottom of L2 under Brent

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 5:25 pm

seems the club are looking to sign loan players more

ears i apologize to you. you were right i was wrong they aren't funding the transfer budget just the refurbs if the club are pushing to sign more loan signings over perm players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer news in the coming weeks
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next