Earwegoagain
Angry
Czarcasm
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Sounds like a good signing, had an excellent 21/22 season
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:56 pm

Till will tell I suppose, mickey mousers helping each other out, remains to be seen who'll get the better deal.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Looks ok, certainly seemed to be highly rated at Newport:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good upward move for him and hopefully for Argyle as well, good luck to him and welcome
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 10:19 pm

dont know much about him but he seems a creative midfielder and we could do with more of that in the midfield. We still need to strengthen up front with one or two and at RWB and afterwards a RCB then we should be good to go for next season with or without Camara.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 11:30 pm

Why im sceptical a lot of players that have set L2 alright over the years & with had a few ourselves that can’t make that step up to league 1 & certainly not making the push towards the championship I really thought we were really going to go for it this season all the tools were in place including financially but now it seems it’s a massive gamble & hope as usual
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 8:15 am

RegGreen wrote:
Why im sceptical a lot of players that  have set L2 alright over the years  & with had a few ourselves that can’t make that step up to league 1 & certainly not making the push towards the championship I really thought we were really going to go for it this season all the tools were in place including financially but now it seems it’s a massive gamble & hope as usual

Hope, loanees, obfuscation. It's the Argo way mheeet. Like Hovis - 'the same as it ever was'.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 2:51 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Why im sceptical a lot of players that  have set L2 alright over the years  & with had a few ourselves that can’t make that step up to league 1 & certainly not making the push towards the championship I really thought we were really going to go for it this season all the tools were in place including financially but now it seems it’s a massive gamble & hope as usual

Just wondering, would any new player coming in to the club be good enough?

I'm thinking probably not.

So far, 3 players have been signed, all of whom look decent acquisitions at this level. Presumably as we haven't paid millions in transfer fees for them, they can't be any good?
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 2:54 pm

I'd like to see another out and out striker brought in to be honest but this lad looks good
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 5:42 pm

He did well at Newport, not a bad signing.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 6:43 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
I'd like to see another out and out striker brought in to be honest but this lad looks good

Welcome to the Forum Savage
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Feel we need a CB cause Gillesphey is a liability he's got a mistake in him,
RWB to put pressure on Edwards.
A couple of strikers, trying to use Ennis as a target man is a joke, We need a couple of target men over 6ft.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:39 am

Morgan Whittaker young forward from Swansea, going out on loan to EFL 1 team. Came down with Swansea last night.

Morgan Whittaker is in talks with League One clubs over a potential loan exit from Swansea City.

The attacker was not involved in the Swans' pre-season draw with Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday night but was in attendance at Home Park. And the 21-year-old appears destined for another loan spell away from the Swansea.com Stadium having spent the latter half of last term at Lincoln City.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 12:55 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Just wondering, would any new player coming in to the club be good enough?

I'm thinking probably not.

So far, 3 players have been signed, all of whom look decent acquisitions at this level. Presumably as we haven't paid millions in transfer fees for them, they can't be any good?
I didn’t mean pay millions but players that have league 1 experience been there done it before for instance a 4th choice right back at NCFC that’s only played 8 youth game for em for example if that ain’t taking a gamble I don’t know what is that’s all im saying pilgrim
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Posh director of football Barry Fry, the man in charge of transfer negotiations at London Road, insists he agreed an ‘excellent’ deal with the interested party, but Broom declined to speak to them.

The 25 year-old played for Posh in the friendlies against Orient and Deeping Rangers and has been told by first-team boss Grant McCann he could force his way back into his plans for this season.

Broom enjoyed a successful season on loan at Plymouth Argyle in the third tier last season, but they are not thought to be the club the player has now rejected.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 4:51 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]Posh director of football Barry Fry, the man in charge of transfer negotiations at London Road, insists he agreed an ‘excellent’ deal with the interested party, but Broom declined to speak to them.

The 25 year-old played for Posh in the friendlies against Orient and Deeping Rangers and has been told by first-team boss Grant McCann he could force his way back into his plans for this season.

Broom enjoyed a successful season on loan at Plymouth Argyle in the third tier last season, but they are not thought to be the club the player has now rejected.[/quot

Decent player I would have signed him in a flash.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Barry Fry. lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:56 pm

He knows what running a football club is all about.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 7:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
indeed he does ..early days when he bought em they were on the brink of bankruptcy mortgage his own gaff back in the day to save em (not in jimmy kind of way) the rest is history and they are where they are today even though he might not be everyone’s cup of tea
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 10:17 am

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
indeed he does ..early days when he bought em they were on the brink of bankruptcy mortgage his own gaff back in the day to save em (not in jimmy kind of way) the rest is history and they are where they are today even though he might not be everyone’s cup of tea

And he lets players like Broom go who we can't afford, they are where we should be by now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 10:28 am

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yeah he's definitely a hard talking geezer. I recall a few seasons back after we had played the Posh, Barry was outside the Moanflower shouting into his mobile "feck off you fecking cnut". Still makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 12:29 pm

He is a gobshite. Pure and simple!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 12:58 pm

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yeah he's definitely a hard talking geezer. I recall a few seasons back after we had played the Posh, Barry was outside the Moanflower shouting into his mobile "feck off you fecking cnut". Still makes me smile.

It was Brent pitching a Hotel/Nandoes and Dentists plan to him.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 1:18 pm

Bali Mumba confirmed. Now waiting for the usual experts on here to label him not good enough.  geek

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 1:19 pm

Welcome Bali Mumba

Bali Mumba has joined Argyle on a season-long loan from Norwich City.

The 20-year-old full-back becomes Argyle’s fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Matt Butcher, Mickel Miller and Finn Azaz.

Bali spent the second half of last season on loan at Peterborough United, playing 13 times for the Sky Bet Championship side. Mumba’s debut for Posh came in an Emirates FA Cup tie against Bristol Rovers, during which he was a half-time substitute, and scored the game’s deciding goal.

Mumba started his career with Sunderland, playing ten times for the Black Cats, including a late cameo in a game at Home Park, in which the Wearsiders beat Argyle 2-0.

He signed for Norwich in the summer of 2020 and has made a handful of appearances for The Canaries’ first team, including an educational second-half sub outing away at Manchester City.

Bali represented England at every level from under-16 to under-19, including appearances for the Under-18s team under current Argyle Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip.

On the signing of Bali, manager Steven Schumacher said, "I am delighted once again that we have been able to add another very good player to our squad, that is going to make us stronger and more competitive as a team next season.

"Bali Mumba will add pace, directness and excitement to our right wing back department this season. The physical demands required in that area of the pitch for us is immense, so having real competition now on both sides will improve our chances.

"Bali, I am sure, will enjoy his experience down here playing for Argyle and hopefully he will improve and develop as the season goes on."

While Neil Dewsnip added, “It is great to see Bali at Home Park. He is a young player who I have had the privilege to work with over a number of years.

“He is a fantastic personality and has loads of energy and I have no doubt will settle into our squad very well and will make an immediate impact.”

The deal is subject to EFL approval.

Bali will wear the number 17 shirt during his time as a Pilgrim. His home shirt is sponsored by HiQ Tyres & Autocare, while his away shirt is available for sponsorship. Please contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more information or call 01752302204.

Welcome to Home Park, Bali!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Can't say that I don't want competition at the back but I still want a decent striker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer news in the coming weeks   Transfer news in the coming weeks - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer news in the coming weeks
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next