AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
My worry is Tony Adams was a very good number 2 and an absolutely shit manager. I hope Schu works out.

We tend to look at the high priority failures but what about Liam Manning at MK, the kiddie at Swindon (although he failed at Brizzle), Michael Duff and even Tisdale at Exeter who were these people before they pitched up ?
I think the club have called it right rather than the merry go round of out of work managers.

I was thinking more of the failures at Argyle. Ufton was the first in my time, followed by Kelly, Lennie Lawrence [good manager later but needed Big Mal to come in and save the club from the shit], Steve McCall, Mick Jones, Summerfield and Fletcher. Never seems to work down here-on a related issue and in reply to a post earlier which suggested Wotton as manager, the ex-player route has never been the answer either in spite of the "he bleeds green" appeal that seems to be a credential with some supporters. Saxton, Hore, Hodges, Mariner and Kemp were all unsuccessful to varying degrees-it would seem that Argyle is the sort of club that needs someone with either previous success in management or a high profile in coaching to come in and take it by the scruff of the neck. As said earlier, i do wish the guy every success but i have my doubts-hope he makes me eat humble pie until it seeps out of some very unsavoury places.

Schumacher is the obvious person to take the reins immediately I will never understand why they didn't use the ready made get of jail free card in case it doesn't work out?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Maybe it was a case of Schu was the brains of the management team and lowe was the front man just like Shilton and……..?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:59 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Maybe it was a case of Schu was the brains of the management team and lowe was the front man just like Shilton and……..?

McGovern
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Si isn't a sacking man so maybe it's Schuey until the end of the season no matter what and Si sees it as stability? At the end of day even with the maziest of losing streaks relegation looks unlikely this season.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Si isn't a sacking man so maybe it's Schuey until the end of the season no matter what and Si sees it as stability? At the end of day even with the maziest of losing streaks relegation looks unlikely this season.

You haven't got a clue what Simon Hallett is or isn't. Your ignorance is stupefying.

As are most of the comments from the rest of the usual gang that seem to do nothing but have it in for the club.

...and reg green is way off base.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 8:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

McGovern

That’s the man. Thanks Graiser.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 8:47 pm

What of the Naked Cleaner rumour?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 8:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Still doesn't make sense why he'd resign though if he'd been given permission to talk to Preston, will that have an affect on our right to compensation as technically he's no longer our manager.
that’s why he resigned cos it don’t cost Preston any compo then what a sneaky F#%K as well if he has done that his a absolute dog as well

Maybe he had to resign in order for us to make our new appointment

Lol. Sounds like a fallout to me why there wasn't a statement saying "Lowe has left the club by mutual consent"? I think Reg may have the real reason there and maybe Lowe landed himself more cash as a result?

Before this develops into a full scale conspiracy theory, I think compensation has been agreed between the clubs. Preston have gone on record to thank PAFC for the professional way in which this has been handled.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Still doesn't make sense why he'd resign though if he'd been given permission to talk to Preston, will that have an affect on our right to compensation as technically he's no longer our manager.
that’s why he resigned cos it don’t cost Preston any compo then what a sneaky F#%K as well if he has done that his a absolute dog as well

Lol. Sounds like a fallout to me why there wasn't a statement saying "Lowe has left the club by mutual consent"? I think Reg may have the real reason there and maybe Lowe landed himself more cash as a result?

Before this develops into a full scale conspiracy theory, I think compensation has been agreed between the clubs. Preston have gone on record to thank PAFC for the professional way in which this has been handled.
if that’s the case all this ain’t just happened in the last 24hrs maybe this explains the last 3 games / 3 weeks maybe a rift who knows but this ain’t happened just today they knew he was off couple weeks ago..while Lowe was still proclaiming his love of the greens
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:16 pm

RegGreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

if that’s the case all this ain’t just happened in the last 24hrs maybe this explains the last 3 games / 3 weeks maybe a rift who knows but this ain’t happened just today they knew he was off couple weeks ago..while Lowe was still proclaiming his love of the greens

Preston only sacked their previous manager yesterday so doubt that somehow
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:18 pm

seadog wrote:

What of the naked cleaner rumour, pray tell Happy to see you
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:21 pm

seadog wrote:

She’s worth a poke if you have no morals. No-brainer for Ry.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
seadog wrote:

She’s worth a poke if you have no morals. No-brainer for Ry.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Has the compo figure been made public? Northern press were saying around the £250k mark. Obviously as Argyle still hold his registration ( regardless of him resigning), he wouldn’t be able to sign for another club until a figure has been agreed.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Preston only sacked their previous manager yesterday so doubt that somehow
I meant tapped up for it couple weeks ago that’s why he resigned before he officially got the job hence why they sacked there manager yesterday it was already a done deal
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Down to 6th after tonights results ... Shoemaker out.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Shoemaker laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Gotta love the way that fans have gone from unconditional love for Lowey to meh. lol. Personally I never thought that the present day aspirations of the club are as high as Lowes so I am not at all surprised it ended this way.
As for Shuey the naming him as boss is weird, end of, its obvious he should immediately take the reins but if it doesn't work out soon then the club will have to sack him where as if they had penned the usual Shuey will take temporary control of first team affairs they could easily have turned it into a permanent contract if it worked out or bought in a more experienced manager with no loss of face if it didn't, this could well bite us on the arse in a bit despite what everybody says about him being a great coach he is untested as boss at this level.

Learnt my lesson in the past don't get attached to custodians.

He did well for us.

He walked out

Now it's time to back Steven
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Shoemaker laugh

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:16 pm

Wonder who Schumachers number two is gonna be

Eddie Irvine
Rubens Barrichello
Or
Felipe Massa
laugh

I'll see myself out....
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:22 pm

Jethro wrote:
Wonder who Schumachers number two is gonna be

Eddie Irvine
Rubens Barrichello
Or
Felipe Massa
laugh

I'll see myself out....

Bet he hasn't booked a skiing holiday for a year or two
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Whats all this pumping a cleaner about then?
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:48 pm

well thats that then. ive been at work since the news officially broke that ryan left and that steven is the new boss so ive been reading the tweets which have been somewhat eye opening especoally that bs one about the cleaner story lol.

Anyways always said Ryan wouldnt be here long term and would go at the first chance in which he has so screw him hes a mark on history now and we move forward.

good luck to Steve in the job i do hope however the club bring in an assistant with experience and know how who can guide him through the unknown while he is in the top job cause hes going to need it especially if Ryan is planning a raid in January of some players and staff. Aslong as he doesnt get them cheap all is well with that especially staff wise.

For the club to appoint him this quick tells me they knew Ryan wanted out for a while and was going to jump any moment now. I look forward to the day he returns to home park and is greeted with the amous chant oh ryan lowe only with slightly new lyrics added of your a feckin arsehole.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 12:24 am

So allegedly he pumped the cleaner and his mrs said back to the north or divorce,

Wow ok,

Reading as well hes got heat for his promo sat next to the Riddler.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 12:26 am

Wouldn't have seen that under Brent, would just be sat in the shop rotting after this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preston - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preston
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next