Elias
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Gotta love the way that fans have gone from unconditional love for Lowey to meh. lol. Personally I never thought that the present day aspirations of the club are as high as Lowes so I am not at all surprised it ended this way.
As for Shuey the naming him as boss is weird, end of, its obvious he should immediately take the reins but if it doesn't work out soon then the club will have to sack him where as if they had penned the usual Shuey will take temporary control of first team affairs they could easily have turned it into a permanent contract if it worked out or bought in a more experienced manager with no loss of face if it didn't, this could well bite us on the arse in a bit despite what everybody says about him being a great coach he is untested as boss at this level.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Conspiracy hat firmly on: Maybe the players got wind of Lowe's desire to move on or heard he was off anyway, which could time nicely with our recent dip in form! Pfft, who knows? Just putting it out there yoom bazzerds.

Meh, I'm off to work to play with the 80mph winds tonight.
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:28 pm

Lowe has already appointed Mike Marsh as his assistant. Clearly the approach from Preston didn’t come out of the blue this morning.
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Gotta love the way that fans have gone from unconditional love for Lowey to meh. lol. Personally I never thought that the present day aspirations of the club are as high as Lowes so I am not at all surprised it ended this way.
As for Shuey the naming him as boss is weird, end of, its obvious he should immediately take the reins but if it doesn't work out soon then the club will have to sack him where as if they had penned the usual Shuey will take temporary control of first team affairs they could easily have turned it into a permanent contract if it worked out or bought in a more experienced manager with no loss of face if it didn't, this could well bite us on the arse in a bit despite what everybody says about him being a great coach he is untested as boss at this level.

I can’t think of any assistants we’ve recently had who’ve been as qualified as Schumacher, the club have been laying the groundwork in regards to type of football, academy etc employing some very qualified people, it makes perfect sense to me to appoint him, time will tell if it’s the correct one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I can’t think of any assistants we’ve recently had who’ve been as qualified as Schumacher, the club have been laying the groundwork in regards to type of football, academy etc employing some very qualified people, it makes perfect sense to me to appoint him, time will tell if it’s the correct one.

And if we lose every game from now until the end of January then it will look like a stupid decision. My point is there was no need to do this in the circumstances the club could have hedged it's bets by making an announcement that each and every club club has made in these circumstances without exception.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
How about Wotton with Warnock above him as a "mentor"?

“Nurse, more meds please”

Because.......?

Because? Because you clearly need them!

Who’d you have as assistant? Carl Fletcher?

A dream team lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Not to bothered about Lowe going still not forgotten last seasons dogshit displays, more concerned about the lack of ambition shown by giving shumacher the job straight away, and the fact that Lowe left for a nothing club like preston... same old same old.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

The mk boss is untested too
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Lowe has already appointed Mike Marsh as his assistant. Clearly the approach from Preston didn’t come out of the blue this morning.

Marsh left Swansea as coach in August has he been unemployed I couldn't find anything else on him? Scousers so fits the Lowey bill.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:51 pm

Only just found out, must say I was surprised, even with a healthy dose of cynicism about most things I thought Lowe had bought into the current Hallett/Argo set up for at least a bit longer. Let's see where his ambition takes him.
Still I'm ok with Shumacher taking over, sounds like that scenario was planned out by the board, always issues appointing interims, pretty confident Shumacher will continue the free flowing football model.
As we all know the club is bigger than any manager or player.
COYG cheers
In Shumacher we trust.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

And if we lose every game from now until the end of January then it will look like a stupid decision. My point is there was no need to do this in the circumstances the club could have hedged it's bets by making an announcement that each and every club club has made in these circumstances without exception.

Had Schumacher gone today also , I could well agree with you about losing games and dropping down the table due to complete disarray within the team.

I agree with what akagreengull said.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Looks like he has been called back North, fingers crossed Schuey can do the business, we have seen that the team can play.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:12 pm

My worry is Tony Adams was a very good number 2 and an absolutely shit manager. I hope Schu works out.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:25 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
My worry is Tony Adams was a very good number 2 and an absolutely shit manager. I hope Schu works out.

Just see Lowe on itv talking about Argyle and full of praise for the club. He went on to say that he thought Argyle will make the Championship , but he said he felt he wanted to manage a Championship club , sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

And if we secure a brilliant points haul by end of January then it’ll look like a great choice, I think most probably it’ll be somewhere between the two but I do think continuity is a necessary and who knows who had the most influence in the dressing room.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Still doesn't make sense why he'd resign though if he'd been given permission to talk to Preston, will that have an affect on our right to compensation as technically he's no longer our manager.
that’s why he resigned cos it don’t cost Preston any compo then what a sneaky F#%K as well if he has done that his a absolute dog as well
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:39 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

We tend to look at the high priority failures but what about Liam Manning at MK, the kiddie at Swindon (although he failed at Brizzle), Michael Duff and even Tisdale at Exeter who were these people before they pitched up ?
I think the club have called it right rather than the merry go round of out of work managers.
Back to top Go down

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:40 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Still doesn't make sense why he'd resign though if he'd been given permission to talk to Preston, will that have an affect on our right to compensation as technically he's no longer our manager.
that’s why he resigned cos it don’t cost Preston any compo then what a sneaky F#%K as well if he has done that his a absolute dog as well

Maybe he had to resign in order for us to make our new appointment
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:49 pm

but they said e'bleeds Green...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 6:53 pm

He now bleeds white.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

And if we secure a brilliant points haul by end of January then it’ll look like a great choice, I think most probably it’ll be somewhere between the two but I do think continuity is a necessary and who knows who had the most influence in the dressing room.

If we did secure a brilliant points haul we could congratulate Schuey and make it permanent but if it ges tits up then there is egg on the clubs face. The point is we wouldn't have done anything different from any other club in this situation that I have ever known. It's just wierd.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:04 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Maybe he had to resign in order for us to make our new appointment

Lol. Sounds like a fallout to me why there wasn't a statement saying "Lowe has left the club by mutual consent"? I think Reg may have the real reason there and maybe Lowe landed himself more cash as a result?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Right, here goes.

Even thought I thought from his lack of commitment that he was just using PAFC as a stepping stone, it does seem odd that he's gone to a Club with little real prospect of being anything other than play-off contenders. If he had got Argyle up to the Championship, he could probably have expected approaches from Clubs with real Premiership aspirations- Stoke, Blackburn and Blackpool immediately spring to mind-or even a relegated Premiership Club looking to reboot. As it is, this move just seems to be a case of "anywhere in the North West is better than Plymouth Argyle", which I find rather said given the fact that he was allowed to remodel Argyle pretty much as he wanted.

Has he been a "good" Manager for Argyle?  At the moment everyone seems to be saying yes-instant promotion plus a top six spot is good going-but I think time may well temper that view. He was allowed to bring in several players already proven at that level to rejuvenate a relegated team, and did get promotion (albeit based on an incomplete season.) But it has to be said, last season and especially some of the heavy beatings we endured, was as bad as it gets without actually being relegated. We have had a cracking run so far this season, but had Lowe stayed, are we in a temporary blip or at the start a long losing streak (I think the later as IMO, Lowe isn't very tactically aware and teams are sussing out our weaknesses). Perhaps Lowe realised this might be the beginning of a poor run and "got out while the going was good" We shall never know as everything now, win lose or draw is down to Steve S.
Steve has my best wishes, not least of all because it's nice to have a Manager who actually WANTS to be here.

As for Lowe taking players with him, I think that's unlikely as he knows players like Mayor and G Cooper have been tried and found wanting, at a higher level.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:26 pm

I should just add that, as I said about Lowe, our new manager is inexperienced and it would be a wise move on his part to get an older "battle hardened" coach with managerial experience in as his number two.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

We tend to look at the high priority failures but what about Liam Manning at MK, the kiddie at Swindon (although he failed at Brizzle), Michael Duff and even Tisdale at Exeter who were these people before they pitched up ?
I think the club have called it right rather than the merry go round of out of work managers.

I was thinking more of the failures at Argyle. Ufton was the first in my time, followed by Kelly, Lennie Lawrence [good manager later but needed Big Mal to come in and save the club from the shit], Steve McCall, Mick Jones, Summerfield and Fletcher. Never seems to work down here-on a related issue and in reply to a post earlier which suggested Wotton as manager, the ex-player route has never been the answer either in spite of the "he bleeds green" appeal that seems to be a credential with some supporters. Saxton, Hore, Hodges, Mariner and Kemp were all unsuccessful to varying degrees-it would seem that Argyle is the sort of club that needs someone with either previous success in management or a high profile in coaching to come in and take it by the scruff of the neck. As said earlier, i do wish the guy every success but i have my doubts-hope he makes me eat humble pie until it seeps out of some very unsavoury places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preston - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston   Preston - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preston
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next