Greenskin
RegGreen
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:21 pm

Cases packed, ready for the journey tomorrow let hope Argyle sends me off with a good win, any win will do.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Cases packed, ready for the journey tomorrow let hope  Argyle sends me off with a good win, any win will do.
hopefully 3points time you’ve landed
Have a safe journey and nice holiday ..have a good one
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 pm

Have a good holiday.

Can't see us winning this one but may be a hard fought draw

1-1

Randell
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 11:02 pm

we cant afford to lose this so if it has to be a draw than so be it they need the 3 points just as much as we do so they wont be playing for a draw. Im sure the fans are going to give Lowe stick at times not that i will because all parties have moved on and his departure was in no way as bad and devious as schumacher's in comparison but to be honest i doubt hes going to get alot of it.

we got a break after this game so its important foster delivers a win more importantly and a good performance.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 9:13 am

We really could do with the 3 points today and I think we'll get them. 3-1 COYG
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 10:03 am

I hope hallett has his finger ready over the fire button. Lose this and we're as good as down. Unfortunately, I think foster will have us set up like against Leeds, West Brom and Ipswich as we're playing a top half team. Can't see anything other than another pathetic home defeat.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 1:31 pm

The Rat returns !
Wont be a easy game and tbh his got em playing well at this moment in time after the only hitch of late is when Rat number twos stoke beat em other than that they there form has been good
It’s gunna be a hard game but essential we don’t lose and get somethink out the game preferably the whole 3 nothing would give me more pleasure to beat the Scouse retch and ram the result down his throat ..never did like him & saw through his Scouse patter from day one but a lot fans bought into all that shit only to done a judas on us ..oh yeah and on his wife allegedly..I wonder if the naked cleaner puts in a appearance lol
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:04 pm

Randall and Edwards in, no Forshaw, hope he’s not another McNamee!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 pm

Weak looking bench, youth players Issaka and Roberts and the previously out of favour Wright and Scarr.

Mumba, Forshaw, Gyarbi and Sorinola all missing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 5:25 pm

That's that then, goodnight.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 5:28 pm

Looking bad atm.

QPR v Birmingham (they can't both lose) when we play Norwich away. Unless Foster pulls a rabbit out of his hat that will drop us closer to the bottom three.

Simply must pick up points against Rotherham, QPR, Millwall, and Stoke.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

I can put up with the Anti Argyle stuff on here that’s what forums are about, but the Devonport End Neanderthals chanting “Foster your football is fecking shit” while the players are trying to get back in the game was fecking disgusting and shaming!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 6:11 pm

All parts of the ground were singing "Ian Foster your football is shit". PNE fans even joined in. Three sides of the ground were singing "we want foster out" all very loudly. Only one who didn't hear it was hallett. But Silent Si will continue his total inaction so foster is as safe as houses as we plummet back to League 1.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 6:38 pm

shitshow

need i go on? ok.

we where clueless, leaderless and no assertiveness about us today, Preston werent exactly brilliant themselves but when they broke they looked like they would score most of the time everytime we did we didnt even register a shot on target when we attacked the goal. I was baffled by sub changes and why the clown thought 4-3-3 would work against preston being 1-0 down and as soon as he brought on waine that was it for me i left early as there was no way we would nick a point here if hes being brought on especially when the game was crying out for creative players which wright would have suited more than bundu. I cant for the life of me get why he took Randall off. Millar was lucky to get a yellow for his challenge that was late and high on the preston player we have seen players given red cards for them. the way we played was disgusting for  a home side and i was hearing that from preston fans sat behind me in the devonport game who got tickets on the day who seemed stunned how inept we where in the final 3rd of our play and the constant back passing.  

quite rightly the whole stadium along with the preston fans chanted your football is shit and your just a shit ryan lowe...

Glad the fans ignored lowe largely today and im also glad many not some like chris Errington claimed in his early report of the game started to voice their displeasure towards foster. I fully expect the board will ignore it and continue finding old friends to bring in to his coaching staff till the end of the season to appease the fans which isnt going to work as this guy is out of his depth and needs to be sacked now. We have 8 games left and i dont see us getting a few more wins and draws to get to the magic 50+ points needed to stay up under foster.  If the board had any sense they would sack him now and get a manager in till the end of the season to steer the ship while we find a permanent choice in the summer.

even by some miracle he keeps us up he needs to be given the boot in the summer as i dont trust this guy not to fill the squad with unproven kids on the cheap and expect them to perform at this level.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Whosever idea it was to hire this scouse buffoon also needs to be sacked. Get rid of him tonight and get Colin in for the final 8 games. We have to do something! Anything!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 7:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
Whosever idea it was to hire this scouse buffoon also needs to be sacked.  Get rid of him tonight and get Colin in for the final 8 games.  We have to do something!  Anything!

he does indeed warrant the sack but i think he will limp on. One thing is certain if he remains his expanded role of being de-facto manager in the background gets revoked and he returns to his old duties that he did ok for us in. leave the first team to the manager.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 7:29 pm

no chance this clown is going anywhere anytime soon. Simon liked this tweet yesterday btw. i see some fans not just this one are having a pop at the many fans not just devonport end turning on foster while the match was on going like that was the reason we lost.... we lost cause we had no idea how to break down a preston side that we would have beaten a few months ago at home with ease.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm

Angry wrote:

no chance this clown is going anywhere anytime soon. Simon liked this tweet yesterday btw. i see some fans not just this one are having a pop at the many fans not just devonport end turning on foster while the match was on going like that was the reason we lost.... we lost cause we had no idea how to break down a preston side that we would have beaten a few months ago at home with ease.

Unfortunately you are correct and hallett would much rather Argo be relegated than pay up a (by all accounts) 3.5 year contract of a totally incompetent and inept head coach. Even on pasoti - that bastion of the terminally green tinted - foster now has no friends and almost all want him gone. Hallett is a massive part of the problem and his tenure needs to come to an end soon also.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 pm

Graiser wrote:
I can put up with the Anti Argyle stuff on here that’s what forums are about, but the Devonport End Neanderthals chanting “Foster your football is fecking shit” while the players are trying to get back in the  game was fecking disgusting and shaming!

Don't remember any anti Foster chants in that shit show of a first half, which has to be one the most dire 45 minutes for a very long time at HP. In fact the closest Argyle came to scoring was after the dissent started iirc, shots from Randell and Whittaker which went wide-the only times that Argyle looked remotely threatening apart from that header from Bundu which should have ripped the netting before HT. Preston missed an easier chance earlier and hit the post in the second half, slightly the better of two poor teams really.

I'm certainly not anti Argyle-in fact the concerning issue for me is seeing 5 years of progress going up in smoke because of what appears to be more and more a duff appointment. I guess you take the view that as long as someone represents Argyle in any capacity they should be supported come what may. I agree with loyalty to a degree but there also comes a point when it has to be acknowledged that something just isn't working. If you take loyalty to beyond a certain extent then it would have to be said that Millwall were wrong to sack the other Joe Edwards [similar type of experiment to Foster] and appoint an experienced championship manager in Harris thus leading to 10 points being gained in 4 games. I don't like witch hunts and the resulting abuse and poison floating around the ground but it certainly wasn't just "Devonport end neanderthals" who think that Foster should go-i know a fair few long time supporters who are by no means rash in their thinking but who at the very least have expressed doubts about this appointment ever working out.If Argyle do go down [and frankly i can't see where a win is coming from] then Foster can't survive-the toxicity would be too deep. Time for action to be taken imho-will Mr Hallett implement it? Doubt it somehow but if not then a very risky path is being followed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 9:30 am

Has he gone yet? No. Thought not. Who's going Shrewsbury?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 4:23 pm

Graiser wrote:
I can put up with the Anti Argyle stuff on here that’s what forums are about, but the Devonport End Neanderthals chanting “Foster your football is fecking shit” while the players are trying to get back in the  game was fecking disgusting and shaming!

sorry graiser but most of the ground chanting that not just the devonport end even the away end got in on the act especially with the your just a shit ryan lowe chant which he is in fairness.
Your view is shared by some but how much support does a lost cause get before you finally admit enough is enough? the players aren't playing for the guy and half of them on the pitch looked as if they where going through the motions, mike cooper might deny it now but his gesture to the fans when they where chanting we want foster out at the end of the game was not the actions of a player happy or supporting his manager and more he was encouraging it.

In the short time foster has been here he has managed to not only lose our attacking flair, the support of the fans but has destroyed the morale and camaraderie through out the squad the players once has its dead now. We looked lost and out of ideas we all saw this occur under del bhey in his last season and the board acted far too late to save us from relegation if we go down it wont be so easy to go straight back up as alot of our players are going to move on and i dont think the board are goign to fund a decent transfer budget for any manager to build a new squad up.  At the start of December we were pretty much certain we would be staying up, had we brought in the striker and defender we needed in january and kept azaz we could have been flirting with a play off place push but even so we had a comfortable gap from the relegation zone which has since been wiped.

since foster took over if we took those results from his first league game to now along with other teams we would be 23rd now and pretty much rooted there. Its not nice to witness someone getting heckled but he is in over his head and this experiment needs to end. The board need to shoulder their fault too.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 7:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

sorry graiser but most of the ground chanting that not just the devonport end even the away end got in on the act especially with the your just a shit ryan lowe chant which he is in fairness.
Your view is shared by some but how much support does a lost cause get before you finally admit enough is enough? the players aren't playing for the guy and half of them on the pitch looked as if they where going through the motions, mike cooper might deny it now but his gesture to the fans when they where chanting we want foster out at the end of the game was not the actions of a player happy or supporting his manager and more he was encouraging it.

In the short time foster has been here he has managed to not only lose our attacking flair, the support of the fans but has destroyed the morale and camaraderie through out the squad the players once has its dead now. We looked lost and out of ideas we all saw this occur under del bhey in his last season and the board acted far too late to save us from relegation if we go down it wont be so easy to go straight back up as alot of our players are going to move on and i dont think the board are goign to fund a decent transfer budget for any manager to build a new squad up.  At the start of December we were pretty much certain we would be staying up, had we brought in the striker and defender we needed in january and kept azaz we could have been flirting with a play off place push but even so we had a comfortable gap from the relegation zone which has since been wiped.

since foster took over if we took those results from his first league game to now along with other teams we would be 23rd now and pretty much rooted there. Its not nice to witness someone getting heckled but he is in over his head and this experiment needs to end. The board need to shoulder their fault too.

Lot of ifs there Angry, I could understand the Foster chanting after the match, but during it when we’re only one down and chasing the game was mind numbing and embarrassing.
We were one down not five!
You mention the start of December we were near certainties to stay up, at the start of December we still had the previous manager and the rest of his snakes still in charge and No away wins.
We had no choice with Azaz nor Cundle that’s not even an argument but I’ll agree with you on the striker though.
Foster pitched up with practically the whole coaching team gone, believe me I’m not happy with how it’s gone but in that situation just what where we expecting.
New manager’s pitching up in January when it’s well known that transfer window is very difficult and cannot be easy.
Eustace at Blackburn hasn’t won a game yet, Schumacher’s having major difficulties, Luke Williams had a difficult start and apparently Ryan Lowe was very close to the sack last season and also early this season.
I’ve supported Argyle for 64 years now, many peaks and troughs, we’re now in a trough, this bloke’s going nowhere and for some to suggest Warnock coming in is laughable, that bloke in todays paper is openly touting himself to save another Championship club which is in trouble and currently employing a manager, wonder which club that may be!
Before the usuals mention I’m green tinted, I’m not, I’m hacked off with the results as the rest of us are, but I don’t see there’s any alternative, I still believe we’ll be a championship next season as one thing that has gone well is the improvement in our away form!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 7:29 pm

If Foster isn't sacked at the start of this internationals break we will be relegated plain and simple. Under Warnock for the last 8 games we at least have a small chance of starting next season as a Championship club. Under foster we have no chance.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 7:58 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Lot of ifs there Angry, I could understand the Foster chanting after the match, but during it when we’re only one down and chasing the game was mind numbing and embarrassing.
We were one down not five!
You mention the start of December we were near certainties to stay up, at the start of December we still had the previous manager and the rest of his snakes still in charge and No away wins.
We had no choice with Azaz nor Cundle that’s not even an argument but I’ll agree with you on the striker though.
Foster pitched up with practically the whole coaching team gone, believe me I’m not happy with how it’s gone but in that situation just what where  we expecting.
New manager’s pitching up in January when it’s well known that transfer window is very difficult and cannot be easy.
Eustace at Blackburn hasn’t won a game yet, Schumacher’s having major difficulties, Luke Williams had a difficult start and apparently Ryan Lowe was very close to the sack last season and also early this season.
I’ve supported Argyle for 64 years now, many peaks and troughs, we’re now in a trough, this bloke’s going nowhere and for some to suggest Warnock coming in is laughable, that bloke in todays paper is openly touting himself to save another Championship club which is in trouble and currently employing a  manager, wonder which club that may be!
Before the usuals mention I’m green tinted, I’m not, I’m hacked off with the results as the rest of us are, but I don’t see there’s any alternative, I still believe we’ll be a championship next season as one thing that has gone well is the improvement in our away form!

regardless to whether azaz and or cundle stayed or not we still had a healthy gap from relegation, the club brought in the ex england youth players who have no experience and offered very little in terms of strengthening the squad and simply not ready for this level nor did they bother to bring in the striker, defender and someone who can create chances cause we have no one who can create from midfield now and thats harming whittaker and hardie. Perhaps the board should have coughed up the £2m asking price for Azaz cause that has cost us dearly. I firmly believe the transfer budget was what pushed schumacher to leave and decent managers to recind their interest in the job and the club wanting to hire a head coach only as they would control the purse and dictate who gets signed more. we weaken the squad in January not strengthen it.

foster struck lucky with the away wins thats not a stat worth keeping him in a job or chanting nice things towards him if we played badly and lose. The fans where right yesterday to voice their anger. Lets be real here there was no danger at all of us getting back into the game the players cant string a pass together or shoot on target and they had plenty of support during the game even after those chants they where loud and often a fact throughout the game that was omitted from many crying over foster being told to go when they voice their displeasure. We have gone past the days of fans chanting we are plymouth argyle we're trying our best those days are not coming back ever thank god.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argyle v Preston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Preston   Argyle v Preston Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Preston
Page 1 of 1