Rickler
Earwegoagain
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 4:38 pm

It was 1970 btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Genuine question here... I understand Drake was involved in slavery at various points in his life, however, unlike Colston, his fame and fortune was not made on the back of slavery, but commissions from the crown, plundering and pirateering. Which if correct is a fundamental difference.

I've never heard mention that Plymouth grew to prominence or prosperity through slavery unlike Liverpool and Bristol. Is that true.

Plymouth i dont think ever did benefit in a way it prospered as the town (may look into it to double check but im sure it didnt) the town was seen more as a docking station for people coming and going into england so no one really stayed to invest their monies which is still a problem today, Brizzle however benefitted greatly coming from donations from colson which is why alot in the town is named after him. liverpool too but like with all bad incidents that happen to liverpool they were the victims and it wasnt their fault.
Back to top Go down
green_fiend

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm not commenting on any of the posts on this thread as I find most of them very distasteful and ignorant. I am annoyed enough to reply to the posts stating that the Pyramids were built by slaves. This is absolutely not true. The Pyramids were built by workers who were highly paid.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is a fantastic read. The Greeks claimed the Pyramids were built by slaves as one of the earliest examples of propaganda. It's basically a myth, FAKE NEWS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 8:21 pm

green_fiend wrote:
I'm not commenting on any of the posts on this thread as I find most of them very distasteful and ignorant. I am annoyed enough to reply to the posts stating that the Pyramids were built by slaves. This is absolutely not true.  The Pyramids were built by workers who were highly paid.
This is a fantastic read.  The Greeks claimed the Pyramids were built by slaves as one of the earliest examples of propaganda. It's basically a myth, FAKE NEWS.  

jews were slaves in egypt who built the pyramids.

Back to top Go down
green_fiend

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Jews like Charlton Heston? It's basically a biblical myth. There is not one fragment of archeological evidence to support this theory.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 6:14 am

Simply stunning from the Times....Wow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 am

Good to hear an alternative view, I must admit I have subscribed to the old slave theory.

Breakwater

Fascinating tale of the Breakwater and it's construction using French POWs, slaves.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 8:38 am

Very good article Seadog.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:14 am

seadog wrote:
Good to hear an alternative view, I must admit I have subscribed to the old slave theory.

Breakwater

Fascinating tale of the Breakwater and it's construction using French POWs, slaves.

The very same that built Dartmoor prison and all the Newtake Walls around Rundlestone and Merrivale.

I read a great book about the Barbary pirates who in the seventeenth century were raiding Cornish fishing villages to capture slaves. I can't remember the books name but it wàs written by a twelve year old who was captured and spent about twenty years tending the Sultan until he escaped. They enslaved about a million people in all from Scicily to Cornwall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 am

The worlds gone mad, just as well rip Nancy Astor’s statue down, aledgedly was anti Semitic, anti catholic and her father had links to slavery.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Breakwater

The very same that built Dartmoor prison and all the Newtake Walls around Rundlestone and Merrivale.

I read a great book about the Barbary pirates who in the seventeenth century were raiding Cornish fishing villages to capture slaves. I can't remember the books name but it wàs written by a twelve year old who was captured and spent about twenty years tending the Sultan until he escaped. They enslaved about a million people in all from Scicily to Cornwall.

Apparently,  back in the day, the Irish would sail around Cornwall and gather up slaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am

Graiser wrote:
The worlds gone mad, just as well rip Nancy Astor’s statue down, aledgedly was anti Semitic, anti catholic and her father had links to slavery.

one of her famous quotes that came out of her own mouth was blacks should be grateful for slavery as its brought them to christianity.

if anything has to go statue or street wise its that statue that should never have been put up in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 am

robert baden powell's statue is being removed in dorset for its own protection.....

wasnt aware he was a slave trader i never got that badge when i was in scouts!!!

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
green_fiend

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 12:08 pm

I have a Bulgarian friend who witnessed the end of Communism who explained to me that virtually everything in the country was torn down, replaced and renamed when Communism was replaced. It's quite similar. Not exactly similar but quite.
It's just a period of social change.
The Football Lads Alliance will get over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 12:35 pm

green_fiend wrote:
I have a Bulgarian friend who witnessed the end of Communism who explained to me that virtually everything in the country was torn down, replaced and renamed when Communism was replaced. It's quite similar. Not exactly similar but quite.
It's just a period of social change.
The Football Lads Alliance will get over it.

did he have a great uncle in bulgaria?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Angry wrote:
robert baden powell's statue is being removed in dorset for its own protection.....

wasnt aware he was a slave trader i never got that badge when i was in scouts!!!

He used the swastika from his time in India ( a good luck symbol)....long before the Nazi Party took it on board in 1920.

Took a liking with some of Mein Kampf regarding bringing up children.

Hitler eventually banned the scoutng movement.....for his Hitler Youth Scheme.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Writing on Twitter, Tobias Ellwood, Tory MP for Bournemouth East, said: "Few historical figures comply with 21st C values. Simply expunging past connections from sight won't correct wrongs or help us better learn from our past."

An excellent post. Baden Powell was a racist and a homophobe buts lets not forget that homosexuality was illegal in Britain until 1967.
I'd love to see the disadvantaged BAME youths siding up with their equally disadvantaged white brothers and sisters to call for change. I think a lot of minorities blame their shit lives on their colour wheras the reality is they are just unfortunate enough to be born into a deprived area with no prospects. The current campaigning will do nothing but cause more divisions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 2:28 pm

green_fiend wrote:
I'm not commenting on any of the posts on this thread as I find most of them very distasteful and ignorant. I am annoyed enough to reply to the posts stating that the Pyramids were built by slaves. This is absolutely not true.  The Pyramids were built by workers who were highly paid.
This is a fantastic read.  The Greeks claimed the Pyramids were built by slaves as one of the earliest examples of propaganda. It's basically a myth, FAKE NEWS.  

I did read that and it was interesting although I didn't see the bit where they were well paid although it did say that the workers were well fed and lived in a well built town built near the worksite. It also said that workers were "supplied" by neighbouring countries. Now supplied could mean anything from recruiting by headhunting the best skilled by offering good wages or it could mean they were all press ganged or had their families threatened if they didn't go. They could have been well fed and housed because the bosses realised they work better if kept fit. One thing for sure they'd weren't signed up to the EU charter for human rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 pm

People of Poole saved their statue of Baden Powell and it now has 24hr security till the students find something else to get rowdy about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:12 pm

another mother loving protest mach today cause the antifa led blm protestors didnt want to hurt people defending statues and police (their words) in plymouth nancy astor is the next target after they failed to get drake removed and no really supports them getting sir john hawkins name removed in the way they hoped. speaking of which if any want to sign this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] its there if you want too but i doubt tudor will consider it regardless.

now the antifa guys have turned their attention to removing british tv shows past and present that doesnt meet their requirements.

when will the madness end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Angry wrote:
another mother loving protest mach today cause the antifa led blm protestors didnt want to hurt people defending statues and police (their words) in plymouth nancy astor is the next target after they failed to get drake removed and no really supports them getting sir john hawkins name removed in the way they hoped. speaking of which if any want to sign this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] its there if you want too but i doubt tudor will consider it regardless.

now the antifa guys have turned their attention to removing british tv shows past and present that doesnt meet their requirements.

I’m sure our present company will have a view on that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

I’m sure our present company will have a view on that!

There is a funny story from all this cleansing of history, some woke people in liverpool went and spray painted over the penny lane signs that inspired the song by the beatles thinking it was named after a slave traders. the locals were not happy at all.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 pm

What next a big march to defund DCC and expose Hillary's emails?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Watched a bit of Jason Manford live last night, he made a very poignant gag telling the crowd that his kids favourite day in the whole school year was Pirate day when they all dressed like Jonny Depp and acted Pirate all day so he said to the audience "give me your best Pirate accent" when they all cry out "arrrrrr!" when he points out that most Pirates come from Somalia now which was followed by an embarrassed silence.
Does anybody think the audience committed a hate crime by copying basically my accent in imitating a Pirate? Luckily I have a sense of humour but it just emphasises how ridiculous this shit has become.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 pm

All kicking off in London now. Far left, far right, two cheeks of the same dirty arse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

George Floyd the new la riots coming?
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next