Rickler
Earwegoagain
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 pm

The Tories are running the country using the classic British management motto,

We are going to save money no matter how much it costs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 8:46 am

Nancy Astor statue looked a little different this morning. Some painted nazi on it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:41 am

I was very interested in the story about the Nikkk style "white lives matter" plane banner flying over the prem match the other day. Apparently the old bill are investigating it as a hate crime? WTF is that all about? I alluded to the fact that the BLM campaign will get a reaction from especially disadvantaged white people yet it seems they have upset advantaged white people as well. Also how can changing the word black to white suddenly make something unlawful? It was provocative and not a little crass but it was someone making the point that I did the other day that there are plenty of disadvantaged white kids, probably more than BAME to boot yet this BLM campaign totally disregards inequality in society for the majority of people.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:54 am

Don’t forget only white people can be racist.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:10 am

If "Black Lives Matter"....and I'm not disagreeing with that.....how can a sign saying "White Lives Matter" be called a racist and hate crime.

If the Labour party could get away in the past having "All Women" candidates for an election seat....how is that not anti-male rhetoric.

If a seat for Westminster is only open to "BAME" candidates in mainly an ethnic parliamentary area (and that has happened).....how is that not a racist crime against white people.

Surely quality comes first not quota's...best man or woman for the job.

The problem of this age is....."being politically correct"....and that has destroyed what being British/English is all about....no black and white anymore just a yukky grey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:51 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I was very interested in the story about the Nikkk style "white lives matter" plane banner flying over the prem match the other day. Apparently the old bill are investigating it as a hate crime? WTF is that all about? I alluded to the fact that the BLM campaign will get a reaction from especially disadvantaged white people yet it seems they have upset advantaged white people as well. Also how can changing the word black to white suddenly make something unlawful? It was provocative and not a little crass but it was someone making the point that I did the other day that there are plenty of disadvantaged white kids, probably more than BAME to boot yet this BLM campaign totally disregards inequality in society for the majority of people.

sign worked as no one is talking about how shit burnley was against man city losing 5-0 so i can imagine burnley where thankful for the distraction.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 am

Quite right Zyph.

The police have a black police officers association so if someone started a white police officers association then that would be racist?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:55 pm

The police have stated the WLM banner - no crime was committed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Well there's a shock. There's no denying it was in bad taste but no one is asking why some one was motivated to go to the expense of making their point? But of course no discussion is allowed because everybody is too scared to say anything. Debate is dead.
Is there anybody around that is trying to unify anybody these days? It all seems like all the energy is being directed towards divisions.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Well there's a shock. There's no denying it was in bad taste but no one is asking why some one was motivated to go to the expense of making their point? But of course no discussion is allowed because everybody is too scared to say anything. Debate is dead.
Is there anybody around that is trying to unify anybody these days? It all seems like all the energy is being directed towards divisions.

The bloke responsible for the banner, and his missus, have both been sacked from their jobs! Pfft - seems a bit OTT. I wonder on what grounds?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 am

Well it seems it's all Lawro and Linekars fault,

"The Guardian picks up on a study suggesting racial bias is a significant problem in English football commentary.
The analysis - by a Danish research firm with the players' union, the PFA - found that players with lighter skin were more likely to be praised for "hard work" and "intelligence", the paper says. Darker-skinned footballers were apparently more often complimented for physical attributes, such as "power" or "pace".
The PFA explains to the Guardian these perceptions can shape a player's future career saying those hoping to go into management get an unfair advantage if they are deemed intelligent based on their skin tone."
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am

As the new season starts and "simulation" reigns will we see the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] movement?

Black Dives Matter?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Well it seems it's all Lawro and Linekars fault,

"The Guardian picks up on a study suggesting racial bias is a significant problem in English football commentary.
The analysis - by a Danish research firm with the players' union, the PFA - found that players with lighter skin were more likely to be praised for "hard work" and "intelligence", the paper says. Darker-skinned footballers were apparently more often complimented for physical attributes, such as "power" or "pace".
The PFA explains to the Guardian these perceptions can shape a player's future career saying those hoping to go into management get an unfair advantage if they are deemed intelligent based on their skin tone."

What a load of pc bollocks.

Someone was complaining about the lack of black managers in football the other day. No thought that it may be because they are not good enough.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 1:54 pm

There isn't anything stopping black ex pros from doing coaching badges and applying for coaching, managerial hell even administrative positions at clubs big and small just like there is nothing stopping white ex pros or asian etc etc from doing this either. A rooney esq type law for clubs to interview at least one BAME person for vacancies isn't needed at all. There is no glass ceiling to break here as there was no ceiling to break to begin with.
With that said its down to the individual to earn the opportunities they apply for and do the best job they land blaming racism for not getting a job or getting sacked from it if you fail is pathetic reasoning i feel.

John Barnes was appointed head coach of Celtic for his first job in football he failed miserably he was rightly sacked as he was with tranmere hes not getting jobs in football cause he was that bad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm

I don’t understand why any football club wouldn’t appoint an outstanding candidate as a manager - regardless of his ethnicity.

It’s a bit like a manager not wanting to sign Rashford or Sterling because they are black, and opting for an inferior candidate because they are white. Does that ever happen? Of course it fckin doesn’t.

Unless it’s KKKFC, any club wants the best candidate shorely? The bottom line is in 99.9% of cases, I’m sorry but the best candidate really isn’t Sol Campbell.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:16 pm

BBC's 'Countryfile' presenter Dwayne Fields now says the countryside is now racist because it's exclusively a white environment!

Cosmetic giant Loreal has removed the word 'whitening' form all products

Tower Hamlets education authority has banned 'Bah Bah Blacksheep' and replaced it with 'Bah Bah Rainbow sheep'

Ex MP Fiona Onasanya says Kellogs cereals are racist because Coco pops features a Monkey, and Rice Krispies feature white only children

BLM activist Shaun King claims all statues of Jesus should be pulled down because they are predominantly white and symbolise white supremacy.

And to top it all - even the feckin air we breather is racist!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I could go on, but I found myself searching for a length of rope, FFS. laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

sol campbell has been sacked as manager of southend. watch how the bbc spin this into a blm led movement despite the fact he won 4 games out of 23  and took them down in spite of corona. they were 17 points adrift from safety.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 3:54 pm

I saw the Countryfile "the countryside is racist" piece and it was a load of bollocks. Believe it or not the countryside isn't very welcoming to anybody at all on a general level, most of it is private and if you go to the countryside proper the whole idea is that you don't talk to anybody so no racism can be involved.
When I used to work as a trainer for landbased skills every year the company I worked for would get top marks for all our practices except ethnic diversity, (this was by the providers of EU training money btw) we had no BAME trainers because none of them applied, they probably didn't apply because they didn't grow up on farms or in the countryside and had no relevant skills and that's even though we used to waste thousands of pounds advertising jobs and courses in London and the Midlands despite us only covering the SW of England.
The reason the lots of BAME people don't go to the countryside is the same reason a lot of white people don't go to the countryside, they don't want to and most of them think hiking along mud filled lanes in the pissing rain isn't as much fun as popping down to the nearest gym. Apart from all that we do see BAME in the countryside only the other day I was talking to a black guy at Lopwell dam from the Bahamas who was there with his whole family visiting a Scottish family from Plymouth who he was on a ship with. We had a nice chat as he was a fisherman.
Divisive crap.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I saw the Countryfile "the countryside is racist" piece and it was a load of bollocks. Believe it or not the countryside isn't very welcoming to anybody at all on a general level, most of it is private and if you go to the countryside proper the whole idea is that you don't talk to anybody so no racism can be involved.
When I used to work as a trainer for landbased skills every year the company I worked for would get top marks for all our practices except ethnic diversity, (this was by the providers of EU training money btw) we had no BAME trainers because none of them applied, they probably didn't apply because they didn't grow up on farms or in the countryside and had no relevant skills and that's even though we used to waste thousands of pounds advertising jobs and courses in London and the Midlands despite us only covering the SW of England.
The reason the lots of BAME people don't go to the countryside is the same reason a lot of white people don't go to the countryside, they don't want to and most of them think hiking along mud filled lanes in the pissing rain isn't as much fun as popping down to the nearest gym. Apart from all that we do see BAME in the countryside only the other day I was talking to a black guy at Lopwell dam from the Bahamas who was there with his whole family visiting a Scottish family from Plymouth who he was on a ship with. We had a nice chat as he was a fisherman.
Divisive crap.

There are plenty of racists in the countryside. There's probably just as many in the cities, but I definitely hear more of it in the countryside, probably because they look around at how pale everyone else is and think "I'm among my people - I can say what I like here." Sadly, they'e usually right, as good old-fashioned English decorum means that most people roll their eyes and mutter, rather than tell the racist muppet to shut up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Divisive crap.

There are plenty of racists in the countryside. There's probably just as many in the cities, but I definitely hear more of it in the countryside, probably because they look around at how pale everyone else is and think "I'm among my people - I can say what I like here." Sadly, they'e usually right, as good old-fashioned English decorum means that most people roll their eyes and mutter, rather than tell the racist muppet to shut up.

I'm not denying that are racists in the countryside or anywhere for that matter but the Countryfile piece was more or less stating that the countryside is racist when they admitted themselves the main problem is that BAME people perceive the countryside for being racist so don't go that much. Personally I haven't heard much if any racist talk in pubs or anywhere else in ages maybe I hang out in the right places?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Divisive crap.

I'm not denying that are racists in the countryside or anywhere for that matter but the Countryfile piece was more or less stating that the countryside is racist when they admitted themselves the main problem is that BAME people perceive the countryside for being racist so don't go that much. Personally I haven't heard much if any racist talk in pubs or anywhere else in ages maybe I hang out in the right places?

I'm surprised - you do always take the opportunity to remind us what a working class hero, man-of-the-people type you are, so I imagine we drink at some similar boozers. Very Happy It's not exactly common, but it definitely still happens. A lot of the time people dismiss it as 'oh that's just Bill, he's harmless really' because that's pretty easy to do when it's Someone Else's Problem.

TBH I wouldn't claim to know how correct the Countryside thing is. I see Black and Asian people on the moor in about the same proportions as I see them in Plymouth - ie, not very much. Then again, when I was up in the Peaks I saw nothing but white faces, despite Manchester, Sheffield, Bradford etc have significant non-white communities. Maybe that's due to racist country bumpkins, or maybe it's due to those cities having enough things to do, that slogging around in the mud becomes less appealing. Maybe a legacy of people's parents getting abuse when they caught the bus to Whigtwizzle in 1984, and telling their kids to steer clear. Probably a bit of all three.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

My Grandad had an old Giles cartoon hanging on the wall of two straw chewing bumpkins leaning on a gate watching someone walk past, "oos that then?" says first rustic, "Stranger" says the other "throw half a brick at him". Sort of sums up some of the types that live out here they aren't very welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Get orf moi laaaaaand. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I don’t understand why any football club wouldn’t appoint an outstanding candidate as a manager - regardless of his ethnicity.

It’s a bit like a manager not wanting to sign Rashford or Sterling because they are black, and opting for an inferior candidate because they are white. Does that ever happen? Of course it fckin doesn’t.

Unless it’s KKKFC, any club wants the best candidate shorely? The bottom line is in 99.9% of cases, I’m sorry but the best candidate really isn’t Sol Campbell.

Sol has just departed Southend after amassing 4 wins in 22 games.
Back to top Go down
bellend

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:20 pm

Presumably Jurgen has been sacked and Paul Ince installed as Liverpool boss. Ticks all the boxes in a fukked up world
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Floyd the new la riots coming?   George Floyd the new la riots coming? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

George Floyd the new la riots coming?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next