Bob Crow
Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 12:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:
No app, just a vague reference to some alert system in the future. Probably after the crisis is over.

The covid-19 pandemic will be around for a very long time me thinks, this crisis won't be over anytime soon.

till next year when hopefully by then all the nerds in labs have found a vaccine (not funded by bill gates) that works.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 12:50 pm

I recently moved out of my cottage into a POI bubble - and it's like a breath of fresh air.

No News watched in over a 3 weeks now. Drinking beer, ordering the odd Chinese and Indian take-out. Going out with the doggy and camera, never seeing a single soul. Playing my guitar, messing with my camera gear, DIY, trying to learn and ID all of the different birds that land in my garden, downloading films (illegally of course - oh, and music) ordering stuff on-line. Ordered a new Ibanez RG550 yesterday (7 string electric which will be drop-tuned for 'very' heavy metal)

I'm on album 128 of replacing my back catalogue with as much vinyl as I can. Quite a task sourcing some of them but I'm getting there.

Actually, a farmer With two collies on the back - how wonderful) drove past our cottage yesterday. The first human (apart from the workplace) I've seen in 10 days. Also started to learn how to do dry stone walling, and also took my first 'virtual' violin/fiddle lesson, which went much better than I thought! It's all go

Right, I'm off to finish learning the intro to 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' on my Yamaha FG820 12 string.

What pandemic! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Angry wrote:

the whole speech nailed in 18 seconds.

Brilliant innit. cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

the whole speech nailed in 18 seconds.

Brilliant innit. cheers

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Maybe I was wrong about Branson,

Sir Richard Branson is selling a stake in Virgin Galactic to raise $500m to prop up his other businesses including Virgin Atlantic.
The billionaire has been criticised for seeking financial help from the taxpayer for the airline.
Sir Richard will now sell a share of his space exploration business.
Virgin Group said it will use the proceeds to support its "leisure, holiday and travel businesses" hit by "the unprecedented impact" of Covid-19.

Obviously the Gov told him to feck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Maybe I was wrong about Branson,

Sir Richard Branson is selling a stake in Virgin Galactic to raise $500m to prop up his other businesses including Virgin Atlantic.
The billionaire has been criticised for seeking financial help from the taxpayer for the airline.
Sir Richard will now sell a share of his space exploration business.
Virgin Group said it will use the proceeds to support its "leisure, holiday and travel businesses" hit by "the unprecedented impact" of Covid-19.

Obviously the Gov told him to feck off.

quite right too if they did. He makes no secret he doesnt pay income tax and contributes nothing to the countries he operates in so he should be shocked when they tell him to do one when he wants a hand out.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 9:06 pm

The cnut is bidding to take over the National Poor Tax, Lottery. That will swell his already bulging coffers a wee bit.

How much is his shite space ship company worth? How much have you Cornish council tax payers poured into his space port?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 9:55 pm

seadog wrote:
The cnut is bidding to take over the National Poor Tax, Lottery. That will swell his already bulging coffers a wee bit.

How much is his shite space ship company worth? How much have you Cornish council tax payers poured into his space port?
His been trying for years to get his greedy littles hand on that gig the Greedy little shit
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm

The next phase, country by country

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:07 am

Am not sure who the lady is as was shared to Facebook but really her words are thought provoking and oh so true about the scapegoats that are coming.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gotta laugh at Piers Morgan this morning on GMB over the Government ministers refusal to appear as they get slaughtered every time. Old Boris wont be going near old Andrew Neal anytime soon either after his last mauling
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 11:39 am

Fook me but your Facebook mates literally inhabit a different world from most of us. I thought the original announcement was a bit vague but like many are saying including Bojo people will have to use their common sense, I'm not sure that much of the population have any to be honest but it's not difficult to work out where and when you will be at risk.
What's certain is that some will adhere to the rules and some won't and we will get more cases or a spike and what's more than certain is that when some cretin goes out mixing and catches the disease and dies from it we will instantly get told via Facebook that Bojo has more blood on his hands. The guy is fucktard and a moron but you can't blame him for the sheer stupidity of lots of people.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 11:43 am

On a more positive note (for me anyway) is that we yesterday received a bank payment from the government for 80% of our monthly self employed earnings. I wasn't expecting much if any help I was also positive I'd have to wait until August to see any. It's enough to pay our outgoings and takes a huge weight of our minds and our meagre savings.
Any more of this and I'll join the Bojo fan club. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 11:56 am

POI wrote:
I recently moved out of my cottage into a POI bubble - and it's like a breath of fresh air.

No News watched in over a 3 weeks now. Drinking beer, ordering the odd Chinese and Indian take-out. Going out with the doggy and camera, never seeing a single soul. Playing my guitar, messing with my camera gear, DIY, trying to learn and ID all of the different birds that land in my garden, downloading films (illegally of course - oh, and music) ordering stuff on-line. Ordered a new Ibanez RG550 yesterday (7 string electric which will be drop-tuned for 'very' heavy metal)

I'm on album 128 of replacing my back catalogue with as much vinyl as I can. Quite a task sourcing some of them but I'm getting there.

Actually, a farmer With two collies on the back - how wonderful) drove past our cottage yesterday. The first human (apart from the workplace) I've seen in 10 days. Also started to learn how to do dry stone walling, and also took  my first 'virtual' violin/fiddle lesson, which went much better than I thought! It's all go

Right, I'm off to finish learning the intro to 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' on my Yamaha FG820 12 string.

Good for you. I personally need my own space now and then which luckily my wife and family understand (or maybe they just hate me and are glad to see the back of me?). I have noticed how several of my friends who are normally rushing round like blue arsed flies and getting no further ahead have kind of mellowed out and are thinking about taking different directions in their lives and also many people have just realised there's a lot more to life than work and how important family and friends are. The Man will have to work extra hard in the near future to beat this out of the population pronto or well end up like the Mediterranean countries who think its perfectly normal to take longer than ten minutes to have lunch.
As for wildlife there's lots about, I went out yesterday and and at the same time had a pair of Buzzards, a pair of Peregrines and a Red Kite all wheeling above me, absolutely beautiful. My boy has gone back to work and he said he saw a big dog Fox chasing a Stoat across the road. Whilst digging out some compost for the garden yesterday I found a skull which is four inches long but the back bit is missing and obviously the nose. I thought what the feck is that, as I hadn't put it in there myself, I was thinking Fox, Badger, Dog then I noticed the small eye sockets on the side of the head dug around a bit more and found the lower jaw and it's only a feckin Rat! It must have literally been a Rat the size of a cat. The Femur is about five inches long.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:

Actually, a farmer With two collies on the back - how wonderful) drove past our cottage yesterday. The first human (apart from the workplace) I've seen in 10 days. Also started to learn how to do dry stone walling, and also took  my first 'virtual' violin/fiddle lesson, which went much better than I thought! It's all go

Good for you. I personally need my own space now and then which luckily my wife and family understand (or maybe they just hate me and are glad to see the back of me?). I have noticed how several of my friends who are normally rushing round like blue arsed flies and getting no further ahead have kind of mellowed out and are thinking about taking different directions in their lives and also many people have just realised there's a lot more to life than work and how important family and friends are. The Man will have to work extra hard in the near future to beat this out of the population pronto or well end up like the Mediterranean countries who think its perfectly normal to take longer than ten minutes to have lunch.
As for wildlife there's lots about, I went out yesterday and and at the same time had a pair of Buzzards, a pair of Peregrines and a Red Kite all wheeling above me, absolutely beautiful. My boy has gone back to work and he said he saw a big dog Fox chasing a Stoat across the road. Whilst digging out some compost for the garden yesterday I found a skull which is four inches long but the back bit is missing and obviously the nose. I thought what the feck is that, as I hadn't put it in there myself, I was thinking Fox, Badger, Dog then I noticed the small eye sockets on the side of the head dug around a bit more and found the lower jaw and it's only a feckin Rat! It must have literally been a Rat the size of a cat. The Femur is about five inches long.

Indeed, I'm taking time out to do things I never thought I would do. Maybe some of them will fall by the way, i,e learning fiddle, dry stone walling, but I'm glad I am trying them out. I've always been a bit of a newsfeed junkie primarily to keep up with things happening around the world. But, all of a sudden, well, in the last 3 weeks, I haven't watch or listened to any news, put myself into my own bubble, kicked myself up the arse and cracked on with things that I always wanted to give a go, but never really purposely found the time or could be arsed. Christ, I've even been 'trying to grow vegetables' to some sort of success!

I've never been so interested in music, nature, flora, fauna, (especially where I live now) classic films and night-photography. Funny old game this 'life' business is, init!

Funnily enough, and if I'm honest, because I have been focusing on learning and trying very different things in my life, I haven't missed football OR the pub and I#m not really bothered if it doesn't come back anytime soon. Maybe we become conditioned more easily than we think!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:01 pm

I see the authorities in Wuhan are going to attempt a mass testing of the entire population of the city.

They recorded six new cases over the weekend after having none since April.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:47 am

I blame Vegans myself.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 3:42 am

For all those that think the virus was engineered in a Chinese lab and either escaped or was released deliberately:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:51 am

I am afraid that no amount of logic will steer the anti vaxxer, Bill Gates, Jewish, 5G, QAnon crowd away from their chosen path.

Have you had the virus Punchy?

Do you want to catch it?

Are you taking precautions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:21 am

Rickler wrote:

For all those that think the virus was engineered in a Chinese lab and either escaped or was released deliberately:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

your link doesnt work for us over here Rickler i quote what is said when you click on it.

"While most of our pages are available in a version of latimes.com created for European Union users, some are currently unavailable. We are engaged on the issue and committed to identifying technical compliance solutions to this problem. Thanks for your interest in the Los Angeles Times."

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:40 am

It's much better to cut and paste the relevant bits or you end up saying nothing to most people when links don't work.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:42 am

My BIL who is a theatre nurse at Derriford was sent home on Monday after displaying Covid symptoms up until last night he hasn't been tested and hasn't heard anything about being tested. It really isn't good enough all staff in hospitals should be being tested as a matter of course.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 2:33 pm

My BIL has now been asked to drive to Derriford to have swabs taken. You would have thought they would have swabbed him before sending him home?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Punchy, you off to the "Freedom" demos on Saturday?????
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 5:07 pm

seadog wrote:

Nope, might be back to work. Need to earn some readies to pay for more tin foil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 5:36 pm

seadog wrote:

is this a uk version of the protests in usa?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next