Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm

UPDATE ON THE NEW SUPPORTERS BAR

August 13, 2019 greentav Uncategorized Comments are Closed 0

Firstly we’d like to apologise for the lack of information in regards to the new facility recently, we understand that has caused some frustration, which we are sorry for. The reason for this has been that our focus has been on trying to get the new facility finished and open as soon as possible. I’m sure you’re aware that this project has been a huge undertaking and previous delays to the project certainly haven’t helped.

The Green Taverners are made up of a small group of volunteers, all of which either have their own full-time jobs or other responsibilities, so although we always try our best, we do have our limitations.

The build, licensing, organising the structure of the co-operative and membership, dealing with the many contractors and unforeseen issues along the way, has been not only an expensive exercise but very time-consuming.

We are now nearing a position where we hope to be able to open for the Tuesday Salford game (although that isn’t guaranteed just yet) and hope that once we hit this milestone that things will ease up a bit, this should allow us to improve our communication with the wider fanbase, we understand that due to workloads this hasn’t happened as we would have liked and endeavour to improve.

To answer some questions recently posed, firstly in regards to the membership:

The operation of the new Supporters Bar as a members facility on match days is not a requirement of its alcohol license. This position is in place to enable the effective operation and responsible management of the bar so that it is a safe and enjoyable facility for those attending. It is no coincidence that this is consistent with the operation of the Far Post club. In addition to this, the bar has been built using investment provided largely by individual supporters. The GTs have a responsibility to these individuals to operate and manage the facility as effectively as possible so that the investment made can be repaid in a timely manner and in the time frame put forward under the business plan. As part of this process, and following professional advice received the bar is operated by the GTs in its capacity as a co-operative society for its members and this structure provides for material financial benefits.

The current situation with the new facility is that the club is using the bottom bar whilst the Grandstand is being refurbished, in order to house their hospitality clients. This means that we have had to limit our membership quota to just the upstairs bar where the Fanfests will be held to 300 members, until such time as the club vacate over to their new facilities, which we believe could be around New Year.

Once this happens it will allow us to increase the capacity to our membership to 600 members over the two bars. This membership would cover access to both the upstairs bar (where the Fanfests will be operated from) and the downstairs Supporters Bar (where the early football games will be screened etc). However the membership won’t guarantee access to either bar, they will operate on a ‘first come first served’ basis and once one bar is at full capacity, access will be limited to the other one and vice versa.

Cost for membership has been set at £50 per season, this covers entrance with no need to purchase additional Fanfest tickets and is approximate to the cost of last season (£2 per game x 23 games).

As already explained, our first batch of membership was limited to 300 members. We previously asked attendees of Fanfests who have supported the GT events over the last 8 years, to register their interest in advance for memberships. Fans who pre-registered their interest for membership were then invited to sign up as well as those who had invested and therefore enabled the build itself.

This 300 membership quota was quickly taken up, which leaves us unable to offer any more until we have control of the bottom bar and our membership capacity is effectively doubled.

We recognise that there are supporters who are unable or would not wish to use the facility on a regular basis and that a membership would not be appropriate for them (exiles, shift workers, away fans, etc), with that recognition we are planning a workable solution that will allow us to offer limited numbers of ‘day memberships’. How this will work isn’t fully worked out yet, but in preparation, we have created a system where we have asked every member to contact us in advance if they are unable to attend on a matchday, which will allow us to offer their place out via a ‘day membership’ scheme.

As anyone who has previously attended a Fanfest will know, away fans really help to enhance the atmosphere and indeed are one of the things that have made the Fanfest unique throughout the Country. However, we are mindful that we wouldn’t want home supporters to miss out on being able to access the facilities, due to away fans taking precedent and feel it is only right that our home supporters take priority if necessary.

We are also mindful that despite our plans, we actually don’t know how they will pan out in reality on match days and that we won’t until a) the build is finished and fully open b) we have a few match-days under our belt. Therefore the plans we have made will be ‘fluid’ and we are prepared to make any changes necessary if it becomes clear that we can adapt and improve things.

We acknowledge that many supporters are keen to apply for future membership and are happy to encourage them to register their interest with us via e-mail (memberships@greentaverners.co.uk) and we will get back to them once we are in a position to open up the membership fully.

In recognition that the new facility will be popular, and to ensure that it can be available to as many supporters as is possible it is wholly intended that it will be available for use by non-members during the week both in the day and on evenings, either for a casual drink or attending functions. Full details of these opening hours will be made available very soon.

We hope this has answered some of the questions being raised, we also recognise that there is likely to be more questions that arise, but need to reiterate that our focus currently is on working as hard as possible to get the building complete and open, this isn’t going to improve in the next couple of weeks as we try our best to open for Salford, so whilst we’d like to answer all the questions as we receive them, we do ask for your patience and understanding.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:58 pm

A lot of the Fanfest gang dont attend the matches they just go to the fanfests! Its a private club for the chosen few and nothing to do with the ordinary argo fans who are not allowed in, it stinks.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm

So what happens if (more likely when) McGuire defaults on the payments?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
I dont know what would happen if it went tits up, but i dont see argo fans who are not allowed in rallying around to help out.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Bob Crow wrote:

I guess the club would take over ownership and it would become a supporters bar in it’s truest sense. Hopefully finally getting rid of the 2 mulleted idiots in the process.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
I dont know what would happen if it went tits up, but i dont see argo fans who are not allowed in rallying around to help out.

Was exactly my thought, why would any Argo fan want to bail out an exclusive members only establishment that they were categorically barred from.
From what I've heard, McGuire as something very in common with Nikkkkkkkkkkkkk and the London Gazette.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:19 am

Bob Crow wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

Was exactly my thought, why would any Argo fan want to bail out an exclusive members only establishment that they were categorically barred from.
From what I've heard, McGuire as something very in common with Nikkkkkkkkkkkkk and the London Gazette.

Yes almost certainly why the lad Liam McGuire holds the "designated person in charge" title as regards the licence held by PAFC.
I'd love to know what accountant approved their business plan. Need to warn others to stay away
I contacted that Liam in March this year because they were still looking for investors. Whilst I didnt use my real name via Email (Liam... Angela was me lol) I wanted to see the figures which they had offered to show potential investors

"No....you need to sit down in front of me for me to show you"
Responding with the truth that I was out of the country and could he instead just give me an outline of whats what instead the answer came back

"No I cant do that either....need to sit down in front of you....make an appointment"

One of the members here on ATD was with me at the time so I showed him. Now why on earth wouldnt you even give an outline !
If he gets 300 people in on a matchday and they spend £20 each (the average will be lower) hes taken £6000 on a matchday. Thats just a third of the weekly take required 52 weeks a year. Clueless utterly clueless but that what happens when you put builders instead of professionals in charge. Brent got this one spot on
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am

If that ball park figure of 300 people in on a matchday is about right, then they'll need atleast 4 or 5 bar staff unless they intend to use gullible volunteers and also likely to need atleast one licenfed door supervisor. Another thing, if the deal they've done with the brewery is based on their top end estimate, then they'll need to hit their barrelage or be financially penalized by the brewery, unless their buying their own or getting their own kegs from Bookers, for which you'll need serious cashflow for.

Was their any indication in the investment prospectus of what the weekly wet sales threshold to break even was?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
they have had a good teacher in brent ...proberly pull that old chestnut the parachute payment routine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 6:23 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
they have had a good teacher in brent ...proberly pull that old chestnut the parachute payment routine Very Happy

Old Jimbo certainly excelled in the hospitality and retail sector with his hotels and Saltrock laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 am

Bob Crow wrote:
If that ball park figure of 300 people in on a matchday is about right, then they'll need atleast 4 or 5 bar staff unless they intend to use gullible volunteers and also likely to need atleast one licenfed door supervisor. Another thing, if the deal they've done with the brewery is based on their top end estimate, then they'll need to hit their barrelage or be financially penalized by the brewery, unless their buying their own or getting their own kegs from Bookers, for which you'll need serious cashflow for.

Was their any indication in the investment prospectus of what the weekly wet sales threshold to break even was?

I'd like to answer your last statement but the McGuires refused to give any information unless you sat opposite them.
The issue with the bar staff is they need to be very good at working under heavy pressure....I used to know what 95% of people drank so a nod in the direction of the punter was enough and I'd work around 5 people in advance. Lorraine Hughes god bless her was the same as was Chris King.
You stick ordinary barmaids behind that bar and they will die simple as. When George took over the FP from Shirley Ward on the first home match he disappeared and Kingy subsequently found him hiding in the toilets....he did improve but he never ventured out into the free for all again

You get a barrel go or the gas at the wrong time and it implodes. With Gordon and Shirley I automatically went to change either but under George he always for some reason wanted to do it himself....the subsequent build up was comedy gold with people saying PT go and change it FFS... Door staff you need at least 2. Bar staff at least 5 if they are only average at speed more if they cant think on their feet. If people are slow to be served repeatedly than they start going other venues

Not joking but if I was asked to do it again I would want £40 an hour to even consider it. Thats the level they need to be paying to have a chance at success
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 9:20 am

They marked out the size of the Swale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

I'd like to answer your last statement but the McGuires refused to give any information unless you sat opposite them.
The issue with the bar staff is they need to be very good at working under heavy pressure....I used to know what 95% of people drank so a nod in the direction of the punter was enough and I'd work around 5 people in advance. Lorraine Hughes god bless her was the same as was Chris King.
You stick ordinary barmaids behind that bar and they will die simple as. When George took over the FP from Shirley Ward on the first home match he disappeared and Kingy subsequently found him hiding in the toilets....he did improve but he never ventured out into the free for all again

You get a barrel go or the gas at the wrong time and it implodes. With Gordon and Shirley I automatically went to change either but under George he always for some reason wanted to do it himself....the subsequent build up was comedy gold with people saying PT go and change it FFS... Door staff you need at least 2. Bar staff at least 5 if they are only average at speed more if they cant think on their feet. If people are slow to be served repeatedly than they start going other venues

Not joking but if I was asked to do it again I would want £40 an hour to even consider it. Thats the level they need to be paying to have a chance at success

You do realise they've been operating in a sold out bar for many seasons now, which probably outsold the FP by many multiples?

Pretty sure those serving were volunteers too, don't fancy your chances of £40 an hour, but you never know, send them your CV and let us know how you get on at your interview, sounds like George and others will give you an outstanding reference.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:47 pm

RD104 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

You do realise they've been operating in a sold out bar for many seasons now, which probably outsold the FP by many multiples?

Pretty sure those serving were volunteers too, don't fancy your chances of £40 an hour, but you never know, send them your CV and let us know how you get on at your interview, sounds like George and others will give you an outstanding reference.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sold out bar with guys sat on trestle tables in a tent watching two mullet headed morons singing the same song every week
Clearly you're clueless. If these boys want to pay back £1.4 million plus interest annual in 5 years then bottom line they need to gross minimum £18,000 a week 52 weeks a year for 5 years. Not a hope in hell. Dont tell me builder boy McGuire is gonna be the manager that would make my day
You stick to what you think you know. I'll stick to what I do know. The biggest lol moment is that whatever happens its given back to PAFC as freebie in 5 years time....you couldn't make it up

This is going to crash and burn with an enormous amount of gnashing and wailing of teeth the only question is just how long it finally takes McGuire to realise that netting close to £1000 a day 365 days a year is impossible for a pub in a park after the initial 3 months honeymoon period. Bookmark the page.....
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Soooooo, we're no long discussing your unfounded speculation that their bar will be unable to cope with the pressure, leading to punters leaving in their droves.

One post presenting the fact that they've got a proven record of being able to do just that, not only without people leaving in frustration, but quite the opposite with their offering being more popular each game, selling out earlier, despite the less than inspiring performances on the pitch, ultimately leading to relegation.

All this efficient service without a need of a ludicrous staff budget that you've conjured out of thin air too boot.

£40 an hour for bar work, how ridiculous, do actually even read what you type before you post?

If you were the gold star repeat employee on the month at the FP, its little wonder that sadly it fell into poor repair with little investment or maintenance, ultimately leading to its unfortunate demise.

It's lucky that many of the regular patrons in there found a new home within the GT's tent, which ironically you seem to hold so much contempt towards.

Anyways, nice attempt at a swerve, but your tactic of deflection when your opinion doesn't hold up to scrutiny, is too well known to fool anyone these days.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 pm

You get the impression that Harve is desperately trying to convince himself that it won't work out for the GT's, as much as he's trying to convince us.

So far every bet he's made has gone the wrong way. This one will be no different.

Anyone who listens to this idiot needs their head examined.

(Ps. Written from my cell at Heathrow airport)
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:53 pm

From the cells?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm

It's a members only 'supporters' bar then...
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm

PatDunne wrote:
It's a members only 'supporters' bar then...
Its a bar for mates of the GTS, it offers nothing for the rank and file, no way can anyone call this an Argyle Supporters Bar.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Gotta keep the praaaaaaper fanz happy.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:38 pm

To be honest even if it was open to all the thought of watching the two mullets prancing around would put me off from attending in the first place.

Never been keen on this whole fan fest culture from the off and prefer a pint or two Maybe watching a live game on telly in a normal bar setup.

Hopefully when the club gets control of the members bar it will get the fan fest to feck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Having never set foot in the tent/marquee to watch a pre-match Janner jolly. The thought of the same old mulleted shit week in, week out would put me off. Once a month, yes. Every fooking home game - er, no.

They need a good old fashion Motorhead cover band or bring Zig Zig Sputnik out of retirement. Or maybe get Roy Chubby brown to do a few one-offs! Fook me, the old duffers won't know what hit them! Laughing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:25 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Having never set foot in the tent/marquee to watch a pre-match Janner jolly. The thought of the same old mulleted shit week in, week out would put me off. Once a month, yes. Every fooking home game - er, no.

They need a good old fashion Motorhead cover band or bring Zig Zig Sputnik out of retirement. Or maybe get Roy Chubby brown to do a few one-offs!  Fook me, the old duffers won't know what hit them! Laughing
What about a folk outfit singing old football songs, or preferably a hardcore punk band exposing the corruption in football. albino
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Some prog with 15 min keyboard solos ?

Rock and roll !!!

Queen tribute band ?!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 11:16 pm

..and what have we got for entertainment?  It ain't cops kicking gypsies on the pavement..

It's......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next