Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 am

Oh dear!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 am

RD104 wrote:
Soooooo, we're no long discussing your unfounded speculation that their bar will be unable to cope with the pressure, leading to punters leaving in their droves.

One post presenting the fact that they've got a proven record of being able to do just that, not only without people leaving in frustration, but quite the opposite with their offering being more popular each game, selling out earlier, despite the less than inspiring performances on the pitch, ultimately leading to relegation.

All this efficient service without a need of a ludicrous staff budget that you've conjured out of thin air too boot.  

£40 an hour for bar work, how ridiculous, do actually even read what you type before you post?

If you were the gold star repeat employee on the month at the FP, its little wonder that sadly it fell into poor repair with little investment or maintenance, ultimately leading to its unfortunate demise.  

It's lucky that many of the regular patrons in there found a new home within the GT's tent, which ironically you seem to hold so much contempt towards.

Anyways, nice attempt at a swerve, but your tactic of deflection when your opinion doesn't hold up to scrutiny, is too well known to fool anyone these days.

Sent from Topic'it App

Swerving nothing whatsoever. You've been told it will be packed matchdays as the FP was. They've got lets say 23 match days and 3 decent cup games. In that period they need to take I reckon 90% of the required cash at the tills to service loans and interest out of 365 days annual

You cant be this stupid unless its deliberate. The Interest alone is £1350 a week. I cant see these idiots getting out of bed Sundays so roughly £225 a day net so probably £530 ish gross to achieve it. That is just the interest !! Think about that.... Theres pubs in Plymouth that would be over the moon to take £530 a day let alone some shack in the middle of the park. Its pure Gold because lets not forget the massive £1.4 million of borrowing we've not even touched yet lol

Day in day out, close season, autumn, winter £530 a day just for interest. You went to school doubtless engage your brain for once. Your answer is to use volunteers. Jesus wept.

I dont want it to fail but I know damn it will....1000% a certainty in the current set up. Jimmy Brent walked for a reason.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 am

I think the GT's bar should have been based on the 'Hooters' model.

I'll be first in-line for a matchday ticket.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadly, in reality, match day will probably look like this................. Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:33 am

The current situation with the new facility is that the club is using the bottom bar whilst the grandstand is being refurbished, in order to house their hospitality clients.
“This means that we have had to limit our membership quota to just the upstairs bar, where the FanFests, will be held to 300 members, until such time as the club vacate over to their new facilities, which we believe could be around New Year.
“Once this happens it will allow us to increase the capacity to our membership to 600 members over the two bars.
“This membership would cover access to both the upstairs bar (where the FanFests will be operated from) and the downstairs Supporters Bar (where the early football games will be screened etc).
“However the membership won’t guarantee access to either bar, they will operate on a ‘first come first served’ basis and once one bar is at full capacity, access will be limited to the other one and vice versa.
“Cost for membership has been set at £50 per season, this covers entrance with no need to purchase additional FanFest tickets and is approximate to the cost of last season (£2 per game x 23 games).

So the economics are 600 members x £50 plus what they spend in the bar.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 am

akagreengull wrote:
The current situation with the new facility is that the club is using the bottom bar whilst the grandstand is being refurbished, in order to house their hospitality clients.
“This means that we have had to limit our membership quota to just the upstairs bar, where the FanFests, will be held to 300 members, until such time as the club vacate over to their new facilities, which we believe could be around New Year.
“Once this happens it will allow us to increase the capacity to our membership to 600 members over the two bars.
“This membership would cover access to both the upstairs bar (where the FanFests will be operated from) and the downstairs Supporters Bar (where the early football games will be screened etc).
“However the membership won’t guarantee access to either bar, they will operate on a ‘first come first served’ basis and once one bar is at full capacity, access will be limited to the other one and vice versa.
“Cost for membership has been set at £50 per season, this covers entrance with no need to purchase additional FanFest tickets and is approximate to the cost of last season (£2 per game x 23 games).

So the economics are 600 members x £50 plus what they spend in the bar.

As I said earlier in the thread Gull bookmark the thread and come back in a couple years. Its the lack of weekday activity that will make it collapse not the matchdays.
Out.....
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 am

I reckon that it will be a supporters bar for normal fans on non match days and a members only bar for real fans on match days, only at Argo.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:56 am

Yep I think so too if they want a viable enterprise.
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
RD104 wrote:
Soooooo, we're no long discussing your unfounded speculation that their bar will be unable to cope with the pressure, leading to punters leaving in their droves.

One post presenting the fact that they've got a proven record of being able to do just that, not only without people leaving in frustration, but quite the opposite with their offering being more popular each game, selling out earlier, despite the less than inspiring performances on the pitch, ultimately leading to relegation.

All this efficient service without a need of a ludicrous staff budget that you've conjured out of thin air too boot.  

£40 an hour for bar work, how ridiculous, do actually even read what you type before you post?

If you were the gold star repeat employee on the month at the FP, its little wonder that sadly it fell into poor repair with little investment or maintenance, ultimately leading to its unfortunate demise.  

It's lucky that many of the regular patrons in there found a new home within the GT's tent, which ironically you seem to hold so much contempt towards.

Anyways, nice attempt at a swerve, but your tactic of deflection when your opinion doesn't hold up to scrutiny, is too well known to fool anyone these days.

Swerving nothing whatsoever. You've been told it will be packed matchdays as the FP was. They've got lets say 23 match days and 3 decent cup games. In that period they need to take I reckon 90% of the required cash at the tills to service loans and interest out of 365 days annual

You cant be this stupid unless its deliberate. The Interest alone is £1350 a week. I cant see these idiots getting out of bed Sundays so roughly £225 a day net so probably £530 ish gross to achieve it. That is just the interest !! Think about that.... Theres pubs in Plymouth that would be over the moon to take £530 a day let alone some shack in the middle of the park. Its pure Gold because lets not forget the massive £1.4 million of borrowing we've not even touched yet lol

Day in day out, close season, autumn, winter £530 a day just for interest. You went to school doubtless engage your brain for once. Your answer is to use volunteers. Jesus wept.

I dont want it to fail but I know damn it will....1000% a certainty in the current set up. Jimmy Brent walked for a reason.....

So just to be clear, you've conceded your point about their inability to service a busy bar?

I know you are keen to move on to your next critique, but I'd like to clarify so we don't end up returning to the same point once your next load of waffle falls apart.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 am

the club will be paying to use the lower half, it is not in the club's interest for the Supporter's bar to fail.

I am sure arrangements will be made, Hallet is not Brent.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:21 am

He certainly isn't. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 am

seadog wrote:
the club will be paying to use the lower half, it is not in the club's interest for the Supporter's bar to fail.

Precisely.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 1:14 pm

akagreengull wrote:
seadog wrote:

Precisely.
unless there just going ahead anyway..hoping/knowing the club will bail em out anyway if it go tits up who knows...but it will be the lack of footfall other than matchdays that will let em down it’s deserted during the week other than dog walkers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm

A lorry load of white seats were off loaded this lunch time.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 pm

I think it'll be popular for comedy nights, Irish nights, private parties, sports screenings, wakes etc. Suppliers have been generous with discounts which has increased profitbility over a normal business. Down the line I can see major competition for events between the GTs and the club's own hospitality venture. If people were prepared top ut up with the somewhat challenging conditions of the tent, surely they'll flock to the new bar.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 pm

GT ground floor bar opens tomorrow and the upper floor opens on Saturday. Beer chairs and tables have been put in.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Tgwu wrote:
GT ground floor bar opens tomorrow and the upper floor opens on Saturday. Beer chairs and tables have been put in.
Fanfisters only, Argo fans your barred! (unless we get desperate and need your dosh).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 am

Pubs are shutting at a rate of 1 every 12 hours, I'm really struggling to see how this is going to stay afloat as a stand alone venture.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I see Dunlop says he's going for a pint in the new GT's suite today.  Be interesting to see if he gets in - the ground floor is meant to be reserved for Argyle, unless he's paid for "Argyle hospitality" he could be in for a surprise?  But then again..  Some people just seem to have the freedom to roam HP at will...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Pubs are shutting at a rate of 1 every 12 hours, I'm really struggling to see how this is going to stay afloat as a stand alone venture.

Hugh you could put a Wetherspoons in that identical location and it will struggle badly except match days. Location location location....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:41 pm

"Build it and they will come.."
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Gotta say old Jimmy Brent has played a blinder on this one fair play to him. He gets a score of top tablers at the theatre of schemes to put up the dosh get it built and as soon as the investors realise they've been done up like a kipper Argyle take it back off then in entirety and its adios amigo
Old Jimbo wasn't quite so dim was he....
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Gotta say old Jimmy Brent has played a blinder on this one fair play to him. He gets a score of top tablers at the theatre of schemes to put up the dosh get it built and as soon as the investors realise they've been done up like a kipper Argyle take it back off then in entirety and its adios amigo
excatly harve but not as dim as the dimlows that enabled him to get away with it...walked away with at least 5million...but the fat shit from plymton likes to keep that quiet
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 am

Not sure what to make of Noolys few photos of GTs hut. Am guessing normally people will be standing and drinking or is the intention to be sat at tables all the time in that section ??  I would describe those Photos of the area as starting with a capital S and see if anyone else says it (not shit)
Or are they just replicating tables as it was at the tent ?? Maybe it will become clear next Saturday
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 7:47 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Unless I’m missing something here, I’m not sure really what the problem is. The end product is win win for the club - a two storey bar, in layman’s terms, built and paid for by fans who have chosen to ‘risk’ their own capital.

As far as Argyle are concerned, they’re laughing aren’t they? Any financial risk has been taken on by fans who’ve chosen to do so.

Brent of course never ever had any intention of including a supporters bar in his mankover plans.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 am

Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Unless I’m missing something here, I’m not sure really what the problem is. The end product is win win for the club - a two storey bar, in layman’s terms, built and paid for by fans who have chosen to ‘risk’ their own capital.

As far as Argyle are concerned, they’re laughing aren’t they? Any financial risk has been taken on by fans who’ve chosen to do so.

Brent of course never ever had any intention of including a supporters bar in his mankover plans.

If you're asking directly then its looks absolutely Sterile in that layout. Argyle are laughing I totally agree. Cant believe their luck I'd imagine. I dont think that sitting down format though will be the same all the time. Although having seen loads of fanfest photos perhaps it is.
Message for Dickler having been told your comment. Go to Warren Bowdens homepage on facebook from approx a week ago and his link to McGuires GTs shack....the comments are there after I asked about at least a certain amount of memberships being made available to FP former members.....I was told to feck off....if they're no longer there than chump chops Wozzer has edited or edited them out completely....RB commented on same thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next