seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cornish Rebel

The Mankover all action Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Wheres the away team getting changed then? Not much room innum
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
Wheres the away team getting changed then? Not much room innum

I've said that before but it's apparently over the minumum size required by the FA. Seeing as how better facilities were originally intended to make Argyle much more attractive to new players. Unfortunately football is playing second fiddle to licking corporate arse now. Such a shame.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:20 pm

When its dry lined and fitted its gonna look stupidly small... I mean its looks small now.... ah what did we expect??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
When its dry lined and fitted its gonna look stupidly small... I mean its looks small now.... ah what did we expect??

The original plans were for larger changing rooms. Someone submitted the wrong plans, and when discovered, decided to go ahead anyway with the plans for smaller changing facilities. I know, you couldn't make it up! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:29 pm

Are you having me on ere?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
Are you having me on ere?

Nope. Tiz true.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm

P.O.I wrote:

The original plans were for larger changing rooms. Someone submitted the wrong plans, and when discovered, decided to go ahead anyway with the plans for smaller changing facilities. I know, you couldn't make it up! Laughing Laughing Laughing

WTactualF.

We really are in the hands of incompetents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 2:09 pm

I heard that the size was downgraded because the emergency vehicle access/players tunnel situated in the Devonport End isn't big enough to accomodate large vehicles. Neither is this by the looks of things, but nice to see the football is the main driver here.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 4:15 pm

It's pathetic.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 am

All coming together nicely..... cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 8:13 am

I dont care who says what elsewhere or what links are provided but this photo simply cant be 2 dressings rooms and the officials boltholes. No way on earth. There has to a be a second build thats not been started yet
Count the bricks across on the left hand side to the dividing wall. You're a having a laugh. The current Portacabins are about 3 times the size of this shed

Well I was about to upload the photograph from FB !!  What have you Admin guys changed  ??  Normally my downloaded images show up and I choose but now am getting this log into something else  ??
I cant upload the sign in page for same reason ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ???
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 am

Use the host an image button.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:34 am

seadog wrote:
Use the host an image button.

I was Seadog as always...?? Its now reverted to normal so this was the photo I was going to upload

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 am

Sorry no way on earth that image comprises 3 sets of dressing rooms. Count the bricks now on the left carefully between outer and dividing wall lol
Thats gotta be 1 dressing room
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:38 am

I know it meets minimum FA requirements, but now that internal wall is in, it does look pretty small for two teams, officials etc etc!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 am

P.O.I wrote:
I know it meets minimum FA requirements, but now that internal wall is in, it does look pretty small for two teams, officials etc etc!

Well thats whats been stated POI as regards requirements and I think it was Mikewn (?? may have that wrong) who said that it was nearly double the mininum required. The camera angle makes slightly awkward which is why I counted the house bricks as close as possible.
People in big properties in Plymouth will have bigger shithouses than that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 pm

went into that club shop today. Reminds me of that green hut from years ago that made its way to torquay as its cheap and cheerful using A Condemned gateway as an entrance and just the right kind of impression to appease the low expectations of some of our fan bases and board of directors as it obviously didnt cost alot.

i wonder if other clubs fans would tolerate these clowns muggging of its fans like this?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 am

Angry wrote:
went into that club shop today. Reminds me of that green hut from years ago that made its way to torquay  as its cheap and cheerful using A Condemned gateway as an entrance and just the right kind of impression to appease the low expectations of some of our fan bases and board of directors as it obviously didnt cost alot.

i wonder if other clubs fans would tolerate these clowns muggging of its fans like this?

No simple as.

Our roving reporter last night said there had been no work over the weekend at all. Still no rush but Bungo Back will need to get a shift on if he's going to be able to show as promised Grandstand seats to relevant season tickets next month

All coming together nicely. Whilst the privately funded Green Taverners with full planning permissions powers ahead (albeit some 8 months late) our own development continues at snail pace with planning still not signed off with Bungo claiming all is well

In Brent we possess the biggest cretinous director in the UK bar none
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Well thats whats been stated POI as regards requirements and I think it was Mikewn (?? may have that wrong) who said that it was nearly double the mininum required. The camera angle makes slightly awkward which is why I counted the house bricks as close as possible.
People in big properties in Plymouth will have bigger shithouses than that

Yeah, if it's built as shown on the latest drawings - and who's to say if it is - both changing areas are about 30m2, against a minimum of 17m2, from memory. I'm sure I remember reading that 'best practice' would be more like 2m2 per user, which wod be a bit bigger than the plans, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Premier League lads have even more room again.

Not having seen them in the flesh, I've no idea if they are being built as per the plans. Worth remembering that 30m2 is only 5 long strides wide by 6 long though.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am

Premier League players need bigger changing rooms....because they wouldn't be able to get their egos in as well.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
went into that club shop today. Reminds me of that green hut from years ago that made its way to torquay  as its cheap and cheerful using A Condemned gateway as an entrance and just the right kind of impression to appease the low expectations of some of our fan bases and board of directors as it obviously didnt cost alot.

No simple as.

Our roving reporter last night said there had been no work over the weekend at all. Still no rush but Bungo Back will need to get a shift on if he's going to be able to show as promised Grandstand seats to relevant season tickets next month

All coming together nicely. Whilst the privately funded Green Taverners with full planning permissions powers ahead (albeit some 8 months late) our own development continues at snail pace with planning still not signed off with Bungo claiming all is well

In Brent we possess the biggest cretinous director in the UK bar none

Well I'm sure the couple of people working under the grandstand today will be able to crack on and get that done in time......... sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 pm

In other mank over news

New £1.1 million supporters' bar at Home Park on schedule to open this summer
The Green Taverners are making their final push for investment for the ambitious project

Fans’ group the Green Taverners have launched the final push for investment for their £1.1 million supporters’ bar project at Home Park.

They already have around 85 per cent of the funding required and the two-storey building has already started to take shape.

The project is being funded entirely by the Green Taverners and investors, and will be operated by the GTs on a five-year lease from Plymouth Argyle.

Work is on schedule to be completed by the summer, in good time for the start of the 2019/20 season.

The Green Taverners’ Gary McGuire told Plymouth Live: “We have about 85 per cent of our investment. I think we need to raise probably a couple of hundred thousand pounds.

“We are meeting daily with investors and it’s ticking away nicely.

“But there could be one or two people out there who are not quite aware of the fact that it’s being built by the fans for the fans and there is investment required to get it over the line.”

He went on: “We have got some people who have invested time and materials.

“We have got others who have financially invested in it and they get a five per cent return per annum. It’s over a five-year period.

There is a minimum pledge of £1,000 but the amount can be as large as an investor wants.

McGuire’s son, Liam, added: “Our business plan isn’t something we are going to share online, but investors can come and have a look at it.

“It’s a very realistic business plan that has been built off what we currently make in a facility that isn’t anything to shout about. It’s a marquee with marquee problems.

“We are now going to have two venues over there so double the opportunity to make the money back.”

Potential investors should email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or make contact through their website.

The upstairs bar will be run in the same way as the Green Taverners Suite is at the moment.

That includes the staging of the hugely popular Fan Fests on match-days, as well as serving as a function room for birthday parties and wedding receptions.

The ground floor will be used by Argyle for their corporate facilities until the grandstand redevelopment is completed later this year.

It will then become a separate supporters’ bar with a membership.

The plan is for the Green Taverners to start taking memberships at Argyle’s home game against Rochdale on Saturday, February 23.

McGuire said: “We are up to where we want to be in the build. We are over what we would call our crucial points of the build.

“The full steel frame is in place, the concrete roof and the concrete first floor is all in place.

“This morning (Monday) we fitted the concrete stairs, which gets you from ground floor to first floor.

“We will start the block and beam floor this week and within the next three or four weeks we should be cladded in and watertight so you will see a building appear.

“At the moment you are seeing a lot of scaffolding there and a lot of steel work.

“It will start looking like a building early March. Then our fitting out will start from there, getting the bars ready, all the electrics and so on.”

McGuire confirmed the building was still on schedule to be completed by June or July.

He said: “We are well on time. I don’t want to say nothing can stop us but it shouldn’t do.

“We have got all of the materials we need to move forward.

“We have got contracts signed with local contractors so there shouldn’t be anything that waylays us, but never say never in the building game.

“If it snowed all of March, like it did last year, we could be in some trouble again.”

He added: “From where we were to where we are now, it’s great to see the building actually going up.

“The GTs build team, run by Steve Martin, is doing a hell of a job.”
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 4:16 pm

The Halletthad stadium is going to look absolutely splendid come 2020. Wonderful! geek jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 pm

zyph wrote:
Premier League players need bigger changing rooms....because they wouldn't be able to get their egos in as well.

That or the larger squads and coaching staff. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next