seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Very nice indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
So no 5% return then and every investor has wasted their cash ?
Harv, posted something interesting and gave his veiw on the matter, you attacking every poster is sad but predictable.

What’s the matter with you FFS, I’m not attacking him, his response doesn’t give that impression either and I’m sure he can stick up for himself if he feels the need to, so just butt out or heaven forbid you could join in the debate with your own intelligent views.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 am

Was the person who posted on Freechat yesterday about the GTs problem with a drinks licence a known name ??
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:17 am

Telephone Operator Receptionist at Need a Cab Taxis, should be in the know Basketball
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am

Tgwu wrote:
Telephone Operator Receptionist at Need a Cab Taxis, should be in the know Basketball

Surely this cant be remotely accurate though. Is there a different drinks licence required for private functions to normal matchdays ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Surely this cant be remotely accurate though. Is there a different drinks licence required for private functions to normal matchdays ?

Depends on licence, full pub licence, club licence or outdoor event licence? Shorely they would be like a social club?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

This is what she asked

I have heard that the green taveners can't get a drinks licence does anyone know if that's true, as I was looking at the venue for a wedding reception
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 am

Tgwu wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

This is what she asked

I have heard that the green taveners can't get a drinks licence does anyone know if that's true, as I was looking at the venue for a wedding reception

Wouldn't the smart thing to do be to phone the Gts?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

Tgwu wrote:

Child Bride taxis of Tiverton/Cullompton were advertising for one too.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Neilz on the Farmyard makes this point....

"This should have been built by the club as a true supporters bar on a first come first served basis, with all profits going straight back into the club. They would have advertised on the official site opening hours for the whole week and availability. Had the premise of a members bar and not a supporters bar being made clear at the start im sure this would have been meet with some objections. Allegedly it seems you can only use this members bar if you helped to build it or invested in it, this will just isolate fans that might consider using the facilities in the week"

I think Brent originally did intend to build a supporters bar within the redeveloped Grandstand as it was in the plans at outset.
Neilz last sentence should be well noted by McGuires crew though "this will just isolate fans that might consider using the facilities in the week"

Thats where they need the daily support at the tills to have any chance at success
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Just build it and they will cum.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:46 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Neilz on the Farmyard makes this point....

"This should have been built by the club as a true supporters bar on a first come first served basis, with all profits going straight back into the club. They would have advertised on the official site opening hours for the whole week and availability. Had the premise of a members bar and not a supporters bar being made clear at the start im sure this would have been meet with some objections. Allegedly it seems you can only use this members bar if you helped to build it or invested in it, this will just isolate fans that might consider using the facilities in the week"

I think Brent originally did intend to build a supporters bar within the redeveloped Grandstand as it was in the plans at outset.
Neilz last sentence should be well noted by McGuires crew though "this will just isolate fans that might consider using the facilities in the week"

Thats where they need the daily support at the tills to have any chance at success

Agree.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Didn't the club, well Brent deem that building a supporters bar would be unsustainable. Hence why the Aviva's took it on as a new clubhouse?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Didn't the club, well Brent deem that building a supporters bar would be unsustainable. Hence why the Aviva's took it on as a new clubhouse?
wernt jimmy suppose be guarantor oringinally..soon shit his pants regnayed...once dear old jim saw the figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
wernt jimmy suppose be guarantor oringinally..soon shit his pants regnayed...once dear old jim saw the figures Very Happy

Could be just the one single thing he got right at Argyle Reg.....under his banking guise he knew it was fuxxxx and walked away
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

I was under the impression you need collateral to be a guarantor, wasn't aware Lord Akkeron had any serious collateral.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

I was under the impression you need collateral to be a guarantor, wasn't aware Lord Akkeron had any serious collateral.
think he it was a ploy to intiece investors saying that he would cover any losses...but as we know the shyster couldn’t even cover a drain hole cover let alone anythink else
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Interesting words from Barrie Davis on the Farm...

"Interesting to note that the Licence is actually held by Plymouth Argyle Football Club Limited. Liam McGuire is the Designated Premises Supervisor, ie. the person who runs the premises on behalf of the club. The only purpose of a DPS is, as the holder of an appropriate qualification, to authorise the sale of alcohol. So the use of the premises and any scheme for entry is a matter for the club. Do they know of the issues arising? "

Clearly Barrie knows whats coming !

Later adds in open letter.....

"Whilst not seeking to be a representative or spokesman for this group, I have today written to the Club asking for clarification in the absence of other information, as follows:-

Use of new Supporters Bar

I write for clarification of the arrangements for the new Supporters Bar in respect of which the club has obtained a Premises Licence for the activities to be provided there. There is some concern amongst supporters as to whether they will have access, particularly on match days, as information is lacking on the actual intended use and access. It appears that, due to capacity issues, general access may not be available to most supporters as it appears that those who have contributed to the costs of establishing the facility will have priority entry, so excluding, in particular, those who travel a distance to Plymouth for games. The 'Fanfests' are of particular concern as these have been very popular, often oversubscribed, but not generally available except to those who are involved with the organisation or fortunate enough to be at one event and able to obtain a ticket for the next. The presence of away supporters at such events has proved to be popular, in view of the light hearted banter and, it seems, that this may not be possible unless away supporters are granted priority access above home fans. I can imagine a considerable degree of angst from long serving Argyle fans who will be denied entry in favour of, for example, Exeter supporters. Although there are a number of issues arising from the lack of information as to how the facilities will be made available to ordinary fans, I, for the moment, seek clarification on the following:-

1. Does the Club retain overall responsibility for the use of the premises as required by the terms of the Licensing Act 2003?
2. Is general access to the premises determined solely by the Green Taverners?
3. Is a membership scheme envisaged to determine entry?

Once I receive your response, I will pass the information on for greater understanding."

Natives are restless....
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Said all along it was going to turn into a members only bar.

Once again ATD is years and months ahead of the PASOTI farmyard animals who are only just now starting to click on to the invitable closed shop.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Knew all along it was just a replacement clubhouse for the Aviva's.
Entry will be on the same terms as the tent is now.
£2 standing in bar area or £5 to see the cucumber show and a pasty (space permitting)

Think free entry after the game will be the same as it is now for the tent.
Big question is will they ramp up the bar prices? £3 a pint now in the tent, but I bet that jumps in the new building.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 3:01 pm

McGuire and crew have obviously been shamed into answering the ongoing posts from Pasoti yesterday and today over there.
Blokes just waffled throughout or more to the point membership is full so bugger off.

Gordon Ward would turn in his grave at this shambles
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 pm

It's open to non members during the week though.

1. When its a school week I generally stay off the alcohol, even just one or 2.

2. If I did fancy a pint am I really going to trundle from my house down to Home Park when I have the Cherry tree on my doorstep?

I suspect most of us are from the same persuasion. I genunily can see it being packed to capacity with members on match days however it's the rest of the time that will be it's downfall.

Only way is through undercutting other function venues for birthday's, weddings etc..but even then during the week?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
It's open to non members during the week though.... If I did fancy a pint am I really going to trundle from my house down to Home Park when I have the Cherry tree on my doorstep?
I suspect most of us are from the same persuasion.

Correct. The location will deter virtually all on non matchdays. You do not catch busses to a pub in a park on cold autumn winter nights for prices that I anticipate will be double of Wetherspoons £1.99 lagers daily.
They definately havent sought anyone with experience over that location. (I doubt to be fair there is actually anyone now bar Dave Rowntree Chris King or myself) They're assuming people will turn up midweek in big numbers. Assumption is the mother of all feck ups as Saddam found out
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

There's a simple way to solve this.

The club tell the GTs make it a supporters bar else we take it into club ownership early.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Jethro wrote:
There's a simple way to solve this.

The club tell the GTs make it a supporters bar else we take it into club ownership early.

I expect there are agreements and contracts signed, so as to make that threat unactionable.

The club (Brent) obviously knew what was going to happen and went down this route anyway. ...and why wouldn't they? No outlay and in five years time they end up with a 'clubhouse' for free.

I still believe most fans think money from the fanfests is given to the club, but it's not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next