harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeWN

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Yeah, like Suffers says, it's going to be good enough that, with some repair and replacement, it'll take the loads imposed on it. This close to Genfell, the odds on engineers, contractors or building inspectors not being all over that are slim to none.

But there is a big middle ground between it being unsound, and it being a good investment. Obviously I don't know the exact time line here, but we've advised clients after structural surveys that it would be better to demolish and rebuild, either due to the initial project cost, or because all repairs do is kick the can down the road for a few years. When clients don't take that advice, it's usually been because their interest in the building is short term - they are looking to make a quick buck, or avoid taking a bath. Whatever happens down the road is someone else's problem.

Oh dear.

Nothing there to lessen the urge to hit the panic button.

In all fairness, there isn't anything there to increase the urge to panic either. I mean, it is still just hearsay at the moment.

That said, would anyone be overly surprised if, 10-15 years into the mortgage, the club needs to do a few £m of additional works? I guess we keep our fingers crossed. Maybe I'll meet someone from Jubbs at a CPD jolly!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Webcam 1 Absolutely nothing going on
Webcam  2 From different angle saw a digger move once
Webcam 3  Deserted

Time was 12.53

All go Zyph eh.....perfect weather for construction and yet just 1 worker on site

Edited.....hold on geezer have a fag on W3
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

On webcam 3 is that grey cement outlining the home and away dressing rooms ??
Cant be surely or is that just the home (or away) dressing room size ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Plymouth Argyle appoint former Liverpool operations director Andrew Parkinson to key role

So it appears the mankover has a new guy heading it up. Does this mean the arsekisser has been given the boot as the worse project manager yet?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

It's the home/away and officials dressing rooms, it meets minimum league size standard and not a cm2 more.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 1:25 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

even more of a joke then the cabins outside the devonport,
you couldn't swing a cat in that space, what a joke
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 pm

And one of the main reasons for embarking on this shit feat was to make the club more attractive to players looking to join the club? Why of why can't we invest in just another couple of hundred feet space and make some really nice changing rooms.
WERE A FOOTBALL CLUB FFS!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:21 pm

The camera angle is deceptive but it looks incredibly small if that is indeed both changing rooms sunken baths, showers etc etc
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:25 pm

If that is the fully size that's pretty poor.

How can that be an improvement on what we have now apart from simply being new?

The cheap option again or a monumental feck up plan wise?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Good God
There are 6 bodies on Webcam 3 in shot....
Obviously the Liverpool guy is kicking arze immediately

cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Laundry, two officials changing rooms, physio, two storage areas and and boot room too. It's about 220m2 internally, on the drawings. To be fair, it looks big enough on the plans - the changing rooms are the best part of the twice the FA minimum size for league clubs.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

I think it's the camera angle not doing it any justice but looking at GOS it just looks tiny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 3:05 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's been alluded to on here and other places that the new changing rooms (which also has to accommodate the wash room, shower area, physio room etc etc) is ridiculously too small.

Austerity changing rooms! whatever next, FFS. Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Dunlop on the Farm telling it as it is....

"The more work that is done to the changing rooms the more you can see on match days with 50 + people a real crowded cramped area"

He must wind Tubs Larder Nooly up a treat at times.....
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 4:43 pm

P.O.I wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's been alluded to on here and other places that the new changing rooms (which also has to accommodate the wash room, shower area, physio room etc etc) is ridiculously too small.

Don't forget the referees and remember one (or two) might be female...so separate changing area needed there as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Don't forget the referees and remember one (or two) might be female...so separate changing area needed there as well

Good point about separate rooms for Female officials, Zyph. What's annoying is that there's bags of room to the left of this picture in which this facility could have been a lot bigger, therefore a lot better, thus more professional. Hey ho. What the feck do I know? I'm just a brexiteering racist dullard! Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 am

Will slasher still provide regular updates on the Refurb..... popcorn
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am

Grandstand redevelopment being changed again
That Tardis is being moved amongst a raft of other changes so thats a good move

Who pays for these repeated changing of the plans the architects etc etc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am

I thought this new guy would be overseeing the corporate side of stuff not looking after the refurb? I part of the refurb includes increased corporate facilities but I haven't seen anything that suggests Jon Back won't still be running the whole thing. If he is being replaced then imo that can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am

Big Robby wrote:
I thought this new guy would be overseeing the corporate side of stuff not looking after the refurb? I part of the refurb includes increased corporate facilities but I haven't seen anything that suggests Jon Back won't still be running the whole thing. If he is being replaced then imo that can only be a good thing.

In the press release it states that the new guy is initially here until the mankover is completed. So seeing as Argyles only current corporate offer is in the Life Centre on a match day, it’s pretty clear that he’ll have other far more pressing responsibilities Monday to Friday.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 9:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Big Robby wrote:

In the press release it states that the new guy is initially here until the mankover is completed. So seeing as Argyles only current corporate offer is in the Life Centre on a match day, it’s pretty clear that he’ll have other far more pressing responsibilities Monday to Friday.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I don't have a lot of time for Jon Back and it looks like he was in way way over his head with the refurb. Still I don't suppose it cost Mr Brent anything to use him seeing as he was at the club anyway but it was a bit like using the tea lady as an emergency striker or getting the stewards to negotiate transfers.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:00 am

Big Robby wrote:
 It was a bit like using the tea lady as an emergency striker or getting the stewards to negotiate transfers.

Whereas some of us thought that that was what Argyle had been doing for some time now......
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 am

Yet still above you in the footballing pyramid Grace, hard to fathom.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:33 am

Back on topic, and a reminder that the Mankover at SJP was completed on schedule, at no cost to the club and with added extra facilities. Rising from the ashes may be taking time, but at least there's a plan, and openness about how it's to be achieved and with 100% fan involvement. I'm inclined to add something about not being shafted by apparent saviour, but I won't, on the grounds that I truly would like to see both Argyle and City develop and prosper, it's just that this thread is testament to what can happen when there is rift and division (and apparent aimlessness).
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 am

What’s the story with the away end these days Gracey?

Has the capacity been raised at all? I did love the quaint story that you’d bought a 2nd hand stand from Barnet. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next