harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Chancellor

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

[quote="Punchdrunk"]
harvetheslayer wrote:
Akkeron for the Chop lol......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems that Brent is just simplifying the Natopotatowotsit family group. Its a voluntary strike off and the Brents resigned as members in December, so nothing to get too excited about. It had a negative equity value of £1.8m in the last accounts.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Dear oh dear our LA friend is implying its MY pm lol
Sorry fella you'll need to try harder...a lot harder old boy.

I'm not implying anything..  I'm stating as fact you sent out a PM with the following quote.

Are you seriously denying the following words were not in the PM you sent around?

Harve in a PM wrote:

When I say strongly advised I mean that they told him point-blank that trying to adapt the existing structure, while the cheaper option, would lead to an inadequate bodge and would never work - so much so that they told him they would not be prepared to undermine their reputation by accepting the contract if he insisted on redeveloping the existing structure.

and you forgot to respond these simple questions....

Are you seriously implying that the mankover will be a safety hazard to fans and is more than likely to collapse causing death or injury?

Are there not safety inspections on the work being undertaken?  Are the inspectors being bought off?

The original PM wasn't from Harve Ricks.

It was shared by him and others I imagine but the original one came from someone else.

I was sent the original PM along with others but the sender wants to remain anonymous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm

IT has been a busy week on the development front at Home Park, as Ryan Lovejoy's exclusive drone footage shows.

The corner of Home Park between the Barn Park end and new grandstand will house the new dressing-rooms and Green Taverners' fans bar, which are beginning to take shape.

We have also installed a third live webcam to bring you all the latest on the rapidly changing face of the Theatre of Greens.

the video is the os not alot is happening. we can fly drones as we dont have aircraft in our skies lol
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 pm

Yea Man wrote:

It was shared by him and others I imagine but the original one came from someone else.

I was sent the original PM along with others but the sender wants to remain anonymous.

Oh, I get it now..

So it's not Harve's knowledge first hand per se...   It's just hearsay based on hearsay.

Yea...  I believe that!   Who could possibly doubt it's true?

Jeezez wept...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 am

Pffffffffffffffffft. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh. Geruuuuuuuupmph. Pfft.

I'm wondering if it's time to move on, find a cave on Dartmoor or the like to escape the perennial madness that is following Argo.

What about the spud caves of the outer Hebrides?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 am

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Oh, I get it now..

So it's not Harve's knowledge first hand per se...   It's just hearsay based on hearsay.

Yea...  I believe that!   Who could possibly doubt it's true?

Jeezez wept...

No Pal you "got it" the first time but you'd thought you'd have another childish attack
The loss of Bees must be getting to you.
Keep it up Rickler keep it up
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:04 am

LOL. I think it's a large stretch of the imagination to consider the absence of Beezy as "a loss".

...and childish attack?  It's just me taking the piss out out your latest load of nonsense.  What on earth are you going to come up with next?

Anyway...  Is the stand going to fall down or not, and how long will it take?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 am

Lay the bait as much and as long as you like old man.....
Even now you claim its "my" nonsense. I couldnt be arzed to put you right last night but you got the hint. Yea Man puts you out of your misery finally yet here we are 5 minutes ago and you're still making yourself look foolish.

Keep digging if you must.....out
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:27 am

Digging, like the drains that are being laid in the changing rooms? That sort of digging?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 am

I don't know the source from Adam but his previous posts seem to make sense - it's a leap of faith but the carefully constructed pm looks genuine, obviously contentious. Seems quite a few received the same pm.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 9:37 am

Bandwagon wrote:
I don't know the source from Adam but his previous posts seem to make sense - it's a leap of faith but the carefully constructed pm looks genuine, obviously contentious. Seems quite a few received the same pm.
I got the PM no reason to believe its not true, the guy i would say is genuine without a doubt....... the Brent/Halletmare goes on.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 am

I've heard that if you sit quietly along the Hoe...you can hear those old girders in the grandstand creaking in the wind...must be a rumour started by someone on here....it's stupid enough.... Shocked.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am

Who's the builders on this bodge it and scarper ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am

zyph wrote:
I've heard that if you sit quietly along the Hoe...you can hear those old girders in the grandstand creaking in the wind...must be a rumour started by someone on here....it's stupid enough.... Shocked.
You've not been to homepark for thirty six years, not really a fan are you ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:

Is anyone who's a fan of Brent really a fan ?
It's Plymouth argyle not
Eeee saved us thank you Jimmy argyle
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 am

Jethro wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:

It's Plymouth argyle not
The Zyph troll posts as Princecock, on the Cornish Janners site and just like here he seems as popular as a shit sandwich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am

zyph wrote:

Take a look at the pictures, Zyph. Whilst no one on here, I think, is a steel expert ( although, Iggy apparently has some magic spray Laughing ) no one can deny the steel looks in a right shit state.

Maybe it IS salvageable or treatable. It would be good to hear from our esteemed Project Manager about any structural surveys done on the old girl to put any Chinese whispers to bed. If works cracks on, You have to assume it's safe. I hope! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Jethro wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:

It's Plymouth argyle not
The Zyph troll posts as Princecock, on the Cornish Janners site and just like here he seems as popular as a shit sandwich.

That's brunch ruined cheers bhey lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:28 am

After a mere 42 years of looking at and maintaining rusty steel I would say if the stuff above ground is in a poor state then the stuff buried is probably a lot worse.

It's all about the dimunition and how over engineered the original structure was.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:37 am

seadog wrote:
After a mere 42 years of looking at and maintaining rusty steel I would say if the stuff above ground is in a poor state then the stuff buried is probably a lot worse.

It's all about the dimunition and how over engineered the original structure was.
I make you right bhey, after forty years of working on all types of Buildings in my experence excisting steel never meets new regs calcs, Brent and Bungo, have obviously got the nod from a structural engineer that the steel is ok, because if it fails then the shit hits the fan, and whoever said its ok will be first in line.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 12:19 pm

If we ever get a proper owner and I feel like returning to HP l think I'll sit in the Lyndhurst.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeah, like Suffers says, it's going to be good enough that, with some repair and replacement, it'll take the loads imposed on it. This close to Genfell, the odds on engineers, contractors or building inspectors not being all over that are slim to none.

But there is a big middle ground between it being unsound, and it being a good investment. Obviously I don't know the exact time line here, but we've advised clients after structural surveys that it would be better to demolish and rebuild, either due to the initial project cost, or because all repairs do is kick the can down the road for a few years. When clients don't take that advice, it's usually been because their interest in the building is short term - they are looking to make a quick buck, or avoid taking a bath. Whatever happens down the road is someone else's problem.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Its gotta be cheaper to build new, the bodge this shitheap.

Must be a stand we can buy somewhere like the scum up the road did,
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Yeah, like Suffers says, it's going to be good enough that, with some repair and replacement, it'll take the loads imposed on it. This close to Genfell, the odds on engineers, contractors or building inspectors not being all over that are slim to none.

But there is a big middle ground between it being unsound, and it being a good investment. Obviously I don't know the exact time line here, but we've advised clients after structural surveys that it would be better to demolish and rebuild, either due to the initial project cost, or because all repairs do is kick the can down the road for a few years. When clients don't take that advice, it's usually been because their interest in the building is short term - they are looking to make a quick buck, or avoid taking a bath. Whatever happens down the road is someone else's problem.

Oh dear.

Nothing there to lessen the urge to hit the panic button.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Jethro wrote:
Its gotta be cheaper to build new, the bodge this shitheap.

Must be a stand we can buy somewhere like the scum up the road did,

In the long term ok its cheaper to build new but sadly Brent only seems interested in the short term. I get the impression he has no intention staying around more than a few more years. As mike says its only kicking the can down the road with the refurb which will mean someone else will have to pay to replace it later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next