harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace Less

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm

It's not a quaint story at all... Exeter did acquire the away end from Barnet when they moved grounds, on the condition that City paid for the movement to it's new resting place. Add to that that it's now in two parts to allow access to SJP for ambulances and other vehicles. So the capacity is just over 1000 under cover, divided into a 200 block and an 800 plus block. Away fans are no longer open to the elements, and for away fans it has the advantage of funneling noise from away fans towards the Big Bank(still the largest standing area in the Football League). Though I say so myself, SJP is now a tidy little ground, with further plans to replace part of the seating in the oldest grandstand built in 1999/2000.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

What's the "Big bank" big to in comparison? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Grace Less wrote:
It's not a quaint story at all... Exeter did acquire the away end from Barnet when they moved grounds, on the condition that City paid for the movement to it's new resting place. Add to that that it's now in two parts to allow access to SJP for ambulances and other vehicles. So the capacity is just over 1000 under cover, divided into a 200 block and an 800 plus block.  Away fans are no longer open to the elements, and for away fans it has the advantage of funneling noise from away fans towards the Big Bank(still the largest standing area in the Football League). Though I say so myself, SJP is now a tidy little ground, with further plans to replace part of the seating in the oldest grandstand built in 1999/2000.

I don't see any reason for bigging up having the largest standing area in the FL. All that means is you're such a tinpot club you've never been higher than L1 so don't need to make Sid James all seater
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Quite strange then that the Club should have regular visits from Premiership and Championship Clubs who want to view a safe standing area and ask questions about site safety in standing areas- site safety being a topic that has threaded its way through the entire 'Mankover all action thread'.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Quite strange then that the Club should have regular visits from Premiership and Championship Clubs who want to view a safe standing area and ask questions about site safety in standing areas- site safety being a topic that has threaded its way through the entire 'Mankover all action thread'.

Well promotion chasing Exeter had a massive crowd of 4113 for your last home game so I would imagine it's safe as feck seeing as there's nobody there. So a supporter might be able to stand safely in the "Big Bank" but that doesn't make it a safe-standing area lol!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 pm

accounting for population size, a 4,000 Exeter gate equates to a 9,000 Argo one.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 6:32 pm

PatDunne wrote:
accounting for population size, a 4,000 Exeter gate equates to a 9,000 Argo one.

Yeah but some of the City fans who post on here tell us that they are on their way upwards and are heading for the Premier league with their share of Real Madrid paying £250 million for Ethan Ampadu so you would think that with their new stand as well that they would be selling out most weeks.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 7:12 pm

then they are very foolish, Exeter is not a football 'place' and neither is Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Grace Less wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Can't stand Exeter City. Horrible bloody experience going there and one I am not looking to repeat but putting all of that to one side I can't see any reason for us to be anything other than envious of much that they do.

We have often been told that we need a moneyed owner for investment purposes but we have never seen the benefit that is meant to follow.

OK so their new stand is 2nd hand but so what? OK their new grandstand doesn't go the length of the pitch but neither does ours. OK so years of nothingness has seen them keep their Big Bank but it is now the biggest standing area in English football.

And for all the investment problems they are supposed to endure they managed to stump up £125k (?) for Jayden Stockley and some more for whoever it was that replaced him whereas our last fee was £10k for ASB and the one before that £15k for Nathan Blissett and we don't even have anything else to put on the table.

Like I said  can't stand them but there is much to admire going on up there (and I haven't even mentioned their youth programme).

I'd be much happier if we were more like them and much less like the Zombie FC Brent created.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 pm

I quite like Exeter , Apart from the fact the King Billy has shut ( damn developers), All good the pub manager has now wobbled up to the The Duke of York now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 7:06 am

This was the precis of the changes once again needed under planning permission

"18/01059/AMD | Non-material Amendment: Various amendments to the design and layout of application 17/01684/OUT to allow an altered layout of players changing rooms, relocation of Media Suite, relocation of Control Room, alternate internal layout of Shop, Ticket Office and spectator WCs, minor alterations to internal stair ways and walkways for better spectator circulation and disabled access, realigned security fence abutting Ice Arena, reconfigured lower terrace of Mayflower Stand to improve disabled access and view: alter flood light position within south east corner, minor alterations to southern facade of Mayflower Stand and altered profile of Mayflower Stand Roof. | Home Park Football Ground Outland Road Plymouth PL2 3DQ"

Some are frankly bizarre at this stage of the fiasco ??
Reconfigured Mayflower terrace to enable a better view and disabled access (which incompetant got it wrong originally)
Changes on the new roof (WTF )
Relocation of media suite...(God knows)

Does Brent just make it up as he goes along with Bungo or what ?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 7:13 am

Am going up later today to have a look myself at the "level" of activity. Will avoid from 12-3pm period or Zippy will claim it was lunchtime
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 am

Glad your taking notice....wasn't that hard was it...... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Am going up later today to have a look myself at the "level" of activity. Will avoid from 12-3pm period or Zippy will claim it was lunchtime

12-3pm for lunch ? really cracking on with it then.....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am

zyph wrote:

Boooom. Who said anyone was referring to you. However seeing you interjected I will go at 11am (morning Deliar Nool) and report fairly
Should be at least 30-40 on the job at that time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am

zyph wrote:

Its "you're"
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 10:20 am

Would def swap the Big Bank for the Demport.

Not the (lack of) inhabitants.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 am

Cam 2 1116 five guys doing something in the new changing rooms area otherwise nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:20 am

3 hour lunch break in 40 mins as well.....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Just come back. I could waffle or I could call it like it is
Absolutely dead as a dodo....perhaps it was morning tea break this time Zippy
Not possible to see all the workers around the dressing room but it looked like 4 milling around

Having come back and looked at W3 that looks on the money. What an absolute joke Brent and Hallett with the steels without question rusting in the weak sun

Perhaps Bungo could put out a development blog claiming all systems go once again
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Not possible to see all the workers around the dressing room but it looked like 4 milling around

Having come back and looked at W3 that looks on the money. What an absolute joke Brent and Hallett with the steels without question rusting in the weak sun

Perhaps Bungo could put out a development blog claiming all systems go once again

we got enough in the budget for some of the steel spray..... lol!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 3:33 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

At 1520 I counted eleven on Cam 3....working in various places....4 in dressing room area.....4 along the front of the Mayflower terrace and 3 over the back by the Green Taverners build.....but of course you don't count those do you, not being part of the Grandstand build.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Porky reaffirms yesterday that those sitting in the rain is totally acceptable on the Mayflower

"Most grounds in the Prem seem to offer free cagoules to their fans, which suggest the front seats of most decent grounds suffer from rainfall."

Nothing to see here....move on
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm

zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

At 1520 I counted eleven on Cam 3....working in various places....4 in dressing room area.....4 along the front of the Mayflower terrace and 3 over the back by the Green Taverners build.....but of course you don't count those do you, not being part of the Grandstand build.

No I dont count them because they simply weren't there when I took the trouble to see once again for myself. You keep bigging up Brent as much as you like.
In the interim care to explain just why we are back at the planning application stage once again this week ?? Utter farce since April last year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next